The most dangerous thing for the Miami program

Done with the program, but not done with a Canes website?!? Ok, makes sense. If you hate everything Golden, why do you all come on here and bring him up EVERYDAY? I can assure you, he doesn't read anything on CIS...so, why bring him up in every thread?

I'm not sure if you are talking to me or not. But I don't post on CIS everyday, nor do I bring up Golden everyday. You have me confused with another poster.

Done with the program? No. I'm just done with its current iteration. It's like if you hate the latest Windows, you just wont use it and you'll stick with what you have and get the next edition if its any better. Not force yourself to use Windows 8.

Advertisement
Done with the program, but not done with a Canes website?!? Ok, makes sense. If you hate everything Golden, why do you all come on here and bring him up EVERYDAY? I can assure you, he doesn't read anything on CIS...so, why bring him up in every thread?

Ever been on a deployment? Sure, the everyday one and done complainers are out from the get. But towards the middle/end something magical happens, where everyone is just as miserable as the next guy; from the junior troops to the NCOs, JOs and even the senior leadership. Quietly complaining to piers becomes a way of life, and there's a certain comfort in knowing there's an end to it, somewhere somehow, even if it gets extended. Misery loves company, sometimes in a good way, and sometimes it's the only way to hang onto something that was once a magical thing that's starting to slip away. You can't quite remember how things were once, but neither can anyone else; monotony and repetition is dreadful and everyday. The state of miami football is very much in month 7 of a 10 monther.

Matter of fact, I have! Totally understand what you're saying, but not all deployments are the same. Just like not all football teams are the same.
Each team (football/squad leaders) should be given the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise. I personally don't like the comparison of a deployment because of the severity of it, and ultimately football is just a GAME. A game played by YOUNG men. Go Canes!

Ever been on a deployment? Sure, the everyday one and done complainers are out from the get. But towards the middle/end something magical happens, where everyone is just as miserable as the next guy; from the junior troops to the NCOs, JOs and even the senior leadership. Quietly complaining to piers becomes a way of life, and there's a certain comfort in knowing there's an end to it, somewhere somehow, even if it gets extended. Misery loves company, sometimes in a good way, and sometimes it's the only way to hang onto something that was once a magical thing that's starting to slip away. You can't quite remember how things were once, but neither can anyone else; monotony and repetition is dreadful and everyday. The state of miami football is very much in month 7 of a 10 monther.

Matter of fact, I have! Totally understand what you're saying, but not all deployments are the same. Just like not all football teams are the same.
Each team (football/squad leaders) should be given the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise. I personally don't like the comparison of a deployment because of the severity of it, and ultimately football is just a GAME. A game played by YOUNG men. Go Canes!

I get what you are saying, but when each year's squad of lions is being led by donkeys who wants to watch the slaughter?

I'm not sure if you are talking to me or not. But I don't post on CIS everyday, nor do I bring up Golden everyday. You have me confused with another poster.

Done with the program? No. I'm just done with its current iteration. It's like if you hate the latest Windows, you just wont use it and you'll stick with what you have and get the next edition if its any better. Not force yourself to use Windows 8.

Wasn't talking to you, was talking to those individuals that state the same stuff in every thread, no matter what the thread is about. If your done with everything Canes, that's fine, you have that right. But, don't derail every threads with the same useless information. No, real Cane fan is happy with how the last 10 yrs have turned out. But, I've seen these players quite a bit this year. I for sure know that this year will be where things really get back to what we expect out of Coral Gables. So confident, I'll bet we win at least 10 games. If we don't, I'll be the FIRST to say Golden must go. But, none of that is going to be decided in March; just know these players are busting there a$$ to get this thing turned around. Go Canes!

Last edited:

Wasn't talking to you, was talking to those individuals that state the same stuff in every thread, no matter what the thread is about. If your done with everything Canes, that's fine, you have that right. But, don't derail every threads with the same useless information. No, real Cane fan is happy with how the last 10 yrs have turned out. But, I've seen these players quite a bit this year. I for sure know that this year will be where things really get back to what we expect out of Coral Gables. So confident, I'll bet we win at least 10 games. If we don't, I'll be the FIRST to say Golden must go. But, none of that is going to be decided in March; just know these players are busting there a$$ to get this thing turned around. Go Canes!

If we don't win 10 games will you leave this place and never come back?

I'm just curious as to how serious your convictions are.

Advertisement

If we don't win 10 games will you leave this place and never come back?

I'm just curious as to how serious your convictions are.

I'll leave even after we win 10+ games...don't want to be around here to see the same people who talked **** about these players, now act like they been down with them all off season. Forget the coaches, these players are ready...you'll see!

is NOT fans being irate and voicing out against the coaches. That means they still care.

The most dangerous thing that could kill this program is fans not caring anymore.

I have watched every snap of every game since 1998, spent thousands going to games, merchandise, etc.

I haven't listened to one spring game interview nor do I even know when the spring game is.

I almost certainly will not watch every game this year. Prob FSU and Nebraska.

Kind of disappointed in myself, but should I be? The school doesn't even care anymore, why should I?

My feelings exactly. If anyone shows up at this so-called "spring game", I hope it ends up with the fans that show up rioting against Golden and the whole damned school! Should ride him out of town on a rail!

My interest is barely hanging on by a thread. watching miami games are more painful than fun now.

So stop watching.. I know I'm gonna miss a few games this year and I don't care, I will not buy tickets and will not buy merchandise. Until Al is fired and administration brings in a competent head coach.

If the program goes down the drain so be it. I boycotted the wizards and it took about three years for change to happen. I will never boycott the Ravens because we have a competent owner, GM, and coach and that is why I own season tickets and enjoy competitive football.

Advertisement
The moment he's fired it will electrify the fanbase in a positive manner. Im not even talking about the hiring of a new coach. Just the firing of golden will see an instant praise from the fanbase.

LOL with your 14 posts. Shouldn't you be worrying about the Gators....your coach is whining about the cupboard being bare..

is NOT fans being irate and voicing out against the coaches. That means they still care.

The most dangerous thing that could kill this program is fans not caring anymore.

I have watched every snap of every game since 1998, spent thousands going to games, merchandise, etc.

I haven't listened to one spring game interview nor do I even know when the spring game is.

Kind of disappointed in myself, but should I be? The school doesn't even care anymore, why should I?

No, not at all. I feel like a lot of us are going through similar feels regarding this team. I've decided that until Al Golden (not his assistants and/or coordinators as scapegoats, but GOLDEN himself) is gone, my Saturdays will be spent doing literally anything else in the world not involving Miami football. I can't even play with Miami on NCAA '14 anymore without killing my boner. F*ck wasting anymore time and energy with this staff.

Advertisement
My interest is barely hanging on by a thread. watching miami games are more painful than fun now.

So stop watching.. I know I'm gonna miss a few games this year and I don't care, I will not buy tickets and will not buy merchandise. Until Al is fired and administration brings in a competent head coach.

If the program goes down the drain so be it. I boycotted the wizards and it took about three years for change to happen. I will never boycott the Ravens because we have a competent owner, GM, and coach and that is why I own season tickets and enjoy competitive football.

This is what I'm doing. Not because I don't love the program (my uncle played for Schnelly alongside Jim Kelly), but because it is not what I grew up watching. Having young kids (4yr old and 8months) I just don't see myself wasting time and energy turning on a game that I know will put me in a bad mood. I'll just check the scores on Sunday for now.

And before people ask why I still bother to post here or on the WEZ: This board is my therapy.

i'm worried about your program. you're not like usc where you are the only game in town, and the right coach will awaken the sleeping giant like carrol did.

you guys are right in the middle of sec country, with 2 big in state rivals. every season you put up with this staff you are falling farther behind, losing ground. just making it harder for even the "right guy" to be able to right the ship.

kinda bums me out, because cfb is better when miami is good.

oh, and to OP...the most dangerous thing (imo) to the miami program is golden winning 10 games next year so that what needs to be done is not crystal clear.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back