The most dangerous thing for the Miami program

OldWestCane

Redshirt Freshman
is NOT fans being irate and voicing out against the coaches. That means they still care.

The most dangerous thing that could kill this program is fans not caring anymore.

I have watched every snap of every game since 1998, spent thousands going to games, merchandise, etc.

I haven't listened to one spring game interview nor do I even know when the spring game is.

I almost certainly will not watch every game this year. Prob FSU and Nebraska.

Kind of disappointed in myself, but should I be? The school doesn't even care anymore, why should I?

Advertisement
Anyone following this program should know. They have only cared about getting the brand known. They don't care about filling seats in a stadium. They care about filling classrooms.

There is no commitment to the football program. They let our stadium get ripped to the ground. They have also never payed what it takes to keep a great coach. So they **** sure won't pay what it takes to hire one.

Aside from falling asleep at the wheel and allowing superfan imp and his stolen cash around the program. They have done a fine job of neutering the beast. They allowed to be built back in the 80's to get that name known.

Other than seeing that U on the side of the helmet. There is nothing that resembles one aspect of anything we have seen in our glory days. Our home that housed so many great games. So many great players. No longer stands for us to gather at. The player look like mummies walking around. Winning at any cost doesn't seem to be a care to them. Holding each others play accountable is not a need either.

I don't really know how to feel anymore about the direction we are in. It is one thing to hold out hope. When you see a program be proactive during slumps. Making coaching changes when it is needed, but when you see what happening right now. It reminds me of a MAC team. Just hire someone until we have to make another hire.

Advertisement
I agree with the OP im a diehard fan...but it's hard to care when our administration does not care. It's like being in a relationship and the other person no longer cares.

Whenever people from other fan bases would give us crap in the past about attendance I have always been able to fall back on the fact that we have a core group of 25 - 30K die hard fans that will always be there through thick and thin which is pretty good when you account for our enrollment and the nature of our market (where half the people were born elsewhere). Seeing people downplay the outright permanent loss of even one of that core group is naive, and to see those (with their head in the sand) down play the few thousand people on various hurricanes forums that have joined the U Don't Care We Don't Care chorus is just insane. This program's viability nationally is built on a foundation of brand equity accrued through decades of success, and the short sighted administration has made their intentions clear that they just don't give a **** about maintaining it. That had been the status quo for a decade, but the last couple years have seen them actively **** all over this foundation in such a continuous golden shower that it now has holes in it that may be beyond repair.

The damage done by the current administration may be irreversible.

Advertisement
My interest is barely hanging on by a thread. watching miami games are more painful than fun now.

Advertisement
Just another sign those that really care are at their wits end with the administration, Golden and how he has *** tagged this program. We need real men coaching this program.

I still care. I'll always be a Canes fan. But, I'm not invested emotionally anymore. Too many years of this ****-show have worn me down. If they win games, great, if they don't, oh well.

Advertisement
I still care. I'll always be a Canes fan. But, I'm not invested emotionally anymore. Too many years of this ****-show have worn me down. If they win games, great, if they don't, oh well.

That's the step before complete apathy. You can only be emotionally disengaged for so long before you just flat out don't care anymore. I wont watch another game while Golden is the coach. I'm not trying to get people to join me, but that is where I am as a fan. Just too disgusted to enjoy ineptitude and tired of some of our fans referring to the past as any semblance of future success.

Done with the program, but not done with a Canes website?!? Ok, makes sense. If you hate everything Golden, why do you all come on here and bring him up EVERYDAY? I can assure you, he doesn't read anything on CIS...so, why bring him up in every thread?

is NOT fans being irate and voicing out against the coaches. That means they still care.

The most dangerous thing that could kill this program is fans not caring anymore.

I have watched every snap of every game since 1998, spent thousands going to games, merchandise, etc.

I haven't listened to one spring game interview nor do I even know when the spring game is.

I almost certainly will not watch every game this year. Prob FSU and Nebraska.

Kind of disappointed in myself, but should I be? The school doesn't even care anymore, why should I?

Hello Doc Holliday from the scout Reservation Board!!! Ultimate FSU troll!

Done with the program, but not done with a Canes website?!? Ok, makes sense. If you hate everything Golden, why do you all come on here and bring him up EVERYDAY? I can assure you, he doesn't read anything on CIS...so, why bring him up in every thread?

Ever been on a deployment? Sure, the everyday one and done complainers are out from the get. But towards the middle/end something magical happens, where everyone is just as miserable as the next guy; from the junior troops to the NCOs, JOs and even the senior leadership. Quietly complaining to piers becomes a way of life, and there's a certain comfort in knowing there's an end to it, somewhere somehow, even if it gets extended. Misery loves company, sometimes in a good way, and sometimes it's the only way to hang onto something that was once a magical thing that's starting to slip away. You can't quite remember how things were once, but neither can anyone else; monotony and repetition is dreadful and everyday. The state of miami football is very much in month 7 of a 10 monther.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back