The More You Know...About Virginia Tech

View as article

Dan E. Dangerously

This board...it's my note
Maude
128.jpg

The Canes are 4-4 and trying to snap a 3 game losing streak after their loss to FSU 2 Saturdays ago. Now the Coastal Division is at stake with the Hokies coming to town. Let's dig deeper and see what Virginia Tech is all about.

1. Where they are in the standings/rankings:

ConferenceOverall
CoastalWLWL
Duke
141.jpg
North Carolina
141.jpg
Miami (FL)
141.jpg
Virginia Tech
141.jpg
Georgia Tech
141.jpg
Virginia
141.jpg

Virginia Tech sucks. No really, they suck this year. In fact they suck so much that they have the same record as we do. Look closely at those standings. UNC is of course ineligible for post-season play. Duke plays Clemson this weekend. We win this game, and we are in 1st place in the division with conference road games against UVA and Duke remaining. That would all but lock up the division for us, a first since joining the conference in 2004. There's also the issue of whether you believe (or agree with the rationale) that we will self impose a bowl ban. No matter what, we HAVE to win this game.

While we've been licking our wounds the past 10 days over the FSU loss, Tech has spent their past 10 days recovering from getting curb stomped by Clemson. Here's what Clemson fans said about the game.

Dr. B said:
I don’t know that I’ve ever been as disappointed in a 38-17 win in my life. We slept through that first half. We’re just lucky they stunk it up too. Clemson put up only 295 yards of offense against a terrible defense. Our offensive line played probably their worst game of the season in pass protection, even though I’d hold Tajh responsible for at least 2 of those sacks. He wasn’t sensing the rush and wasn’t stepping up. They weren’t fantastic at run blocking inside but Andre Ellington had 6+ yards per carry and we can’t call more run plays so we don’t go 3 & out?

They just beat Virginia Tech by 21 and were underwhelmed with the teams performance. Remember when we had standards like that? If we beat them the board might explode.

2. What happened the last time Miami played Virginia Tech?

14.jpg

From the Associated Press:
Thomas ran 19 yards for a touchdown on fourth-and-1 with 56 seconds to play Saturday, capping a frenetic fourth quarter as No. 21 Virginia Tech beat Miami 38-35.The Hokies (5-1, 1-1 Atlantic Coast Conference), who drove 77 yards in eight plays to get the winning score, rescued their chances of still contending in the ACC's Coastal Division with the dramatic rally, keeping them from dropping two losses behind still-unbeaten Georgia Tech.
"Actually, I wasn't nervous at all," he said. "The offense had been doing its thing all game, so I wasn't really nervous. I knew we pretty much had their number in that aspect."
Thomas was looking only to gain the yard he needed on the big run, then call time out.
"I stepped through the hole and there was nothing there," he said.
The big finish left coach Frank Beamer taking a told-you-so tone about his quarterback.
"He's made out of the right stuff, and I always thought he was, always knew he was," he said. "He's poised, he's tough, he's under control, he's talented, he's a great leader, he's a guy you want leading your football team, and I thought he showed all those things tonight."
He also was almost perfect against the Hurricanes.
Thomas finished 23 for 25 for 310 yards with three touchdown passes and ran for two scores. His only two incompletions were a short pass that David Wilson dropped, and a ball that he threw away after picking up a bungled snap.

I thought I had witnessed a thrilling comeback. ******* Dorito.

3. Who to be scared of:

15.jpg

Logan Thomas

Logan Thomas es basura caliente. But naturally, the 6'6 260 lbs. QB will dominate us. He's only completed 53.6% of his passes this season, but if you remember last year's game he was nearly perfect against our defense. He leads the team in rushing touchdowns with 5, and has thrown for another 13. Big, mobile, and no pass rush from us is what you need for the perfect storm to make our defense look awful. Make sure your body is ready.

4. Player that will score against us:

144.jpg

Marcus Davis

Davis is Logan Thomas' favorite target. He leads the team in receptions with 33 for 643 yards (19.5 per catch). He's also a deep threat with 5 catches of at least 45 yards (long of 85), 4 of which were for touchdowns. Be prepared for him to slip behind Rodgers and Telemaque like he's being paid to do it.

5. Person that will **** you off:

90.gif

created by TP8888 @ CanesOverHere

Frank Beamer

Seriously, look at the gullet on this turkey. All the money this dude has made from coaching over the years and he can't get that thing on his face lopped off? They got doctors for **** like that don't they? I'm gonna start a charity. It's gonna be called "Get Beamer's Face Fixed for the Children of America".

The crybaby bull**** he pulled last February when Jawand Blue committed to us was nauseating. We've talked about it before here. He also owns us over the past 20 years. This never would have become a rivalry had we never been put on probation. They won 5 straight against us in the 90's and haven't feared Miami since. Beamer and Foster have their guys gunned up like it's the Super Bowl every year against us. They never win ****...but they always seem to beat us. **** needs to stop already.

6. Official Internet meme for this game:

Misleading Moriarty

145.jpg

Short week, and the kick off is in like 8 minutes. Just ******* win.

[video=youtube;lFgJXK6UvlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFgJXK6UvlA[/video]

Advertisement
"Thomas ran 19 yards for a touchdown on fourth-and-1 with 56 seconds to play Saturday, capping a frenetic fourth quarter as No. 21 Virginia Tech beat Miami 38-35.The Hokies (5-1, 1-1 Atlantic Coast Conference), who drove 77 yards in eight plays to get the winning score, rescued their chances of still contending in the ACC's Coastal Division with the dramatic rally, keeping them from dropping two losses behind still-unbeaten Georgia Tech.
"Actually, I wasn't nervous at all," he said. "The offense had been doing its thing all game, so I wasn't really nervous. I knew we pretty much had their number in that aspect."
Thomas was looking only to gain the yard he needed on the big run, then call time out.
"I stepped through the hole and there was nothing there," he said.
The big finish left coach Frank Beamer taking a told-you-so tone about his quarterback.
"He's made out of the right stuff, and I always thought he was, always knew he was," he said. "He's poised, he's tough, he's under control, he's talented, he's a great leader, he's a guy you want leading your football team, and I thought he showed all those things tonight."
He also was almost perfect against the Hurricanes.
Thomas finished 23 for 25 for 310 yards with three touchdown passes and ran for two scores. His only two incompletions were a short pass that David Wilson dropped, and a ball that he threw away after picking up a bungled snap.
"

The Mark D' unkin Donut special.

Advertisement
With 10 days off to prepare, and the fact that VT doesn't have the playmakers they had last year, we need to do some work on these guys.

A wise Corch this time of year used to say "Aint no freshmans no more."

If Porter can actually get some reps in and the rest of our defense performs as they have in the past few weeks (points, not yards wise), I like our chances.

Stupid *** turkeys.

Frank Beamer

Seriously, look at the gullet on this turkey. All the money this dude has made from coaching over the years and he can't get that thing on his face lopped off? They got doctors for **** like that don't they? I'm gonna start a charity. It's gonna be called "Get Beamer's Face Fixed for the Children of America".

The crybaby bull**** he pulled last February when Jawand Blue committed to us was nauseating. We've talked about it before here. He also owns us over the past 20 years. This never would have become a rivalry had we never been put on probation. They won 5 straight against us in the 90's and haven't feared Miami since. Beamer and Foster have their guys gunned up like it's the Super Bowl every year against us. They never win ****...but they always seem to beat us. **** needs to stop already.

Classic work Dangerous Dan. Outstanding.

Advertisement
Fvck it--we're winning. We have to...we're due against these fvcks...and they're down as **** this year. We're not exactly great either, but man--we ought to put it on these ****-gobblers by 20 or so.

With 10 days off to prepare, and the fact that VT doesn't have the playmakers they had last year, we need to do some work on these guys.

They had 10 days off too.

Advertisement
This is, by far, the worst VT team you will ever see. Seriously. It will surprise some how awful they are. I had to put down my drink and watch a full quarter to grasp what I was watching. Duke had them down by 20 - 7 in Blacksburg before they turned the game around with an interception deep in Hokie territory. Believe you me, that game is a different outcome if Duke scores there.

This game is the turning point. We MUST win. Our secondary is still just adequate, but it's 10x what it was last year. We lost Spence, but our LB unit as a whole is much better than year. And our DL is starting to turn the corner, certainly as good as last year. You know they're going to pull that read option bull****. We need to pummel that QB, who is less than mediocre, and get +turnovers and defensive scores.

They had 10 days off too.

Sort of. It was probably a little hard for them to practice today, and will be tomorrow because of Sandy. Plus, I'm sure their kids are distracted.

Advertisement
This is a game we need to win. We finally had some time off, rest up the troops and get ready for the stretch run. VT has been **** poor all year, the defense needs to continue improving and we have a good shot in this one.

vt HAS ALSO HAD 10 DAYS OFF

This game is the turning point. We MUST win. Our secondary is still just adequate, but it's 10x what it was last year. We lost Spence, but our LB unit as a whole is much better than year. And our DL is starting to turn the corner, certainly as good as last year. You know they're going to pull that read option bull****. We need to pummel that QB, who is less than mediocre, and get +turnovers and defensive scores.

93.gif

Advertisement
Back