The More You Know...About Syracuse

Syracuse played LSU really tough a few weeks ago too. They were in that game all the way

I was very surprised at how physical they were in that game. They were bringing the thunder in that game, on the road.

Advertisement
Wow. What a sick post. Looking forward to moar if these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
[MENTION=4525]Kyle Liburd[/MENTION], your boy Juwan Dowels is on the Syracuse roster, as are another 10 or so kids from S FL.

Wow. What a sick post. Looking forward to moar of these!

who ya pulling for this sat?

/tweed/

Basketball ain’t start yet! GTFO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YfyawID.gif

Advertisement
"
Truth is I'm a bit apprehensive about posting this. Since I stopped posting; Al Golden got canned, Miami hired a real coach, are currently on a 10 game win streak, and have a single digit ranking next to their name. Basically, everything has been coming up Millhouse since I decided to walk the Earth like Caine in Kung Fu, and I'm leery about messing up the good juju around here. So if we lose this week I take full responsibility for jinxing everything and sending our season into a tailspin. However, keep in mind I mean this in the strictest of Al Golden standards, which is just saying "Its on me" and not actually facing any repercussions."

Don't worry about that superstition stuff. Last year I got disgusted and stopped watching when we lost all those games after the nole loss. Then we won the first game I didn't watch. I missed the rest of the season(watching live) because I was afraid I would make the Canes lose. I watched the first two three this year and nothing bad happened, so I looked forward to the noles. Watched it live until they scored that last go ahead source. We had to go somewhere, so I left, disgusted again. Listened to radio in the car and we had the great win in the end. I figured that was it, I would have to drive around in the car for every Cane game this season. Then the GT game we were actually staying at the Hardrock in Hollywood and the weather sucked so I decided to take a chance and watch the game. Started to turn it off and head to the tables after they scored and went up 14-3, but then I thought, "wait, this team took out the noles' hearts just like are great teams did, I got to keep the faith". So watched to the end. That frigging 15 yard penalty almost did me in, but I remembered the 3rd and 43 and said, nah, we got this. Boy am I glad.

Write on boldly, Dan. We got this. This team is different. It will overcome the shortcomings of the coaching staff(those are nowhere near as great as Golden's). We still have an undefeated QB who is not afraid of double coverage. Berrios was a little off Saturday so the kid just went to the new clutch guy in town. Mark made it clear it was not the throw he would have made. Maybe that is why he only played when Kelly was hurt. I like Rosier. Coach and ST ***** up and basically give the game away, no problem, we'll just score some more.

Let me said, I hate the Orangemen. Maybe it is because I am part Irish an all Catholic they are butchering invaders. Or maybe it is because back when we were in the Big East, I always their fans to be about the worst. As bad as BYU, ND and VT and close to gators. At one game up there, I had a Hurricane Warning flag on the car antennae. During the game game broke the antennae, keyed the car and broke a frigging window. They are real scum. Its has a funny ending though. See, the car belonged to a friend of mine who had let it to me to drive to the game. I was in his seats too. He was professor at their ****-*** excuse for a school. He did not see the humor in it.

Is the Clemson writer ******* retarded?

In previewing the game, we discussed how poorly Syracuse’s pass defense had been all year. Since Bryant didn’t look good passing the ball against Wake Forest (aside from the first two drives), this matchup offered a good opportunity to have Bryant attack a defense through the air.

...Syracuse’s uptempo passing attack was vicious and by the end of the game tired out the defense. That allowed them to pick up yards on the ground to close out the game. I do not believe the defense was tired because they substitute often in other games.

Advertisement
We matchup way better against Cuse than Clemson did.
Clemson has the 25th most efficient offense in the country. Which is good to very good.
But they have the 113th most explosive offensive the country. Which is just insanely bad for an average G5 school, let alone top tier P5 team.
They desperately rely on Bryant to run for 3 to 6 yards to keep their offense on track as they first down their way down the field. He couldn't do that on one leg. So Syracuse just flooded the box and dared Clemson to beat them with big plays in the passing game. And with the 113th "most" explosive offense (112th explosive passing offense) that was impossible. Which allowed Syracuse's offense to stay on the field, wear down Clemson's defense, and win the game.
We have the 17th most efficient offense, and 13th most explosive. Syracuse isn't going to be able to flood the box against us and just focus on stopping the run.

Advertisement
After reading that you'd think they're 7-0. How did these guys lose 3 games?

They aren't very good. 65th ranked offense. 55th ranked defense. When you aren't very good on either side of the ball, you're going to lose a lot of games.

Syracuse played LSU really tough a few weeks ago too. They were in that game all the way

I was very surprised at how physical they were in that game. They were bringing the thunder in that game, on the road.

The thing I took away from that game is that they were giving up many big plays, especially in their secondary to a team that is not as good as we are at WR and TE.

Maybe they have made some adjustments and have gotten better since the LSU game but I expect our WRs along with Herndon to get plenty of big plays down field. And if Richards plays , forget about it. They are not stopping him even if he has one hamstring.

Dino Babers is a helluva good coach. His Bowling Green teams were excellent (no doubt in my mind they coulda beaten our Al Golden-coached Canes).

Advertisement
Back