The more I weigh the debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivercityCane

Banned
Banned
..of whether to go with Mario or Kiffen, my gut tells me Mario is not the choice (at least not right now?) Please hear me out on this one. This is what it boils down to for me. I will always value “special” over “solid”. Mario is “solid”. He will (most likely) “stabilize” the program by tenure and will definitely bring a level of discipline and toughness that is sorely needed while beating the teams he’s supposed to beat, etc.. And while all of the aforementioned, along with landing a couple more highly rated kids than we would’ve normally (*speaking to the perceived advantage of Mario being a better recruiter*) will undoubtedly yield us more of the vaunted “double digit win” seasons, I don’t see National Championships. I just see “solid”, …a “good team”, but not great. And listen, guys- after what we’ve been through for the past 15 years, give or take, I understand those that say “just give me respectability “. I’m with you.

And then you have “special”. Lane Kiffen is special. You can bring up all of the old transgressions…the perceived failures- the immaturity. Fine. But if we are being totally real, people hated Lane because here’s this….”kid”,…this spoiled kid with such a punchable, smug face…and he’s getting all of these undeserved, great opportunities ( because of his dad🙄 blah blah). I remember. I hated his *** too- BECAUSE WE DIDN’T HAVE HIM. WE WERE ALL WITNESSING OUR INCREDIBLE SLIDE INTO MEDIOCRITY BY BEING REPEATEDLY SADDLED WITH “CORCHES” BECAUSE OF OUR CHEAP *** ADMINISTRATION WHILE WATCHING YOUNG, INNOVATIVE, CHARISMATIC COACHES PUT ON DISPLAY EXCITING AND EXPLOSIVE TEAMS THAT OUR LOCAL TOP TALENT REPEATEDLY SPURNED US FOR. FACTS. And the fact of the matter is that Lane Kiffen was among the BEST of these new and shiny toys. He wasn’t getting these opportunities because of his dad or because of (insert excuse here)- nah, the kid was getting those opportunities because he was/is “special”. Top cfb and NFL programs were willing to give their keys to this kid because what he brings is “special”.

Will Kiffen “stabilize” our program? Idk- probably not, but sustained success isn’t determined by a singular coach? Whether a program enjoys sustained success and or failure lay in the hands of those making the decisions at the top. Will Kiffen recruit as well as or better than Mario? (I’ve seen this idea of “Kiffen can’t recruit “ being bandied about these boards lately, but I’m old enough to remember kids drooling all over the guy and couldn’t wait to sign up and play for the guy, but whatever 🙄) who knows? But dammit, one thing I’m CERTAIN of- NEITHER KIFFEN NOR MARIO ARE GOING TO CONSISTENTLY STACK TOP END TALENT BECAUSE CFB IS A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS AND THE POWERS THAT BE SIMPLY WILL NOT ALLOW MIAMI, FSU AND UF TO STOCKPILE THE BEST OF THE BEST OF ITS MOST VALUABLE ASSET. FACTS. So since the 2001 team ain’t walking through that door, we need “special”. We need a coach that can do more with less….take his guys and beat your guys and then take your guys and… y’all get the point. Idk if Kiffen will be a top flight recruiter…or if he will bolt in 3 or 4 years. But one thing I DO know- WINNING IS THE BEST RECRUITER THAT EVER EXISTED-PERIOD! Lane will win…BIG…here. We will get “our allotment “ of great athletes because Miami will actually have substance behind the bluster. Miami will truly be BACK, and we will have a coach that personifies what the perception of Miami IS. Brash, arrogant, flashy. We will be the absolute **** as we add number 7 to the trophy case😎and when Lane leaves, he will undoubtably leave a team full of talent for the next coach.

The answer, my brothers, is Kiffen. He is “special”. Miami needs special. “Solid” is fine…but Miami is a special program and the standard is championships. Double digit win seasons should merely be a byproduct of the annual hunt for that trophy. Kiffen is the one to get us there. Once Mario realizes his full potential at Oregon (realizes that Oregon simply can’t win a championship), then he takes over a talent laden team after Lane bolts. This is what we DESERVE. This is the way. LETS GO GET KIFFEN AND GO MIAMI!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back