The loudest or busiest posters make their feelings known, how about you?

OK we've seen enough to know our team sucks because:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jkdood

All ACC
Seems some heated debate about who/what is the most to blame. Give the masses a chance to weigh in:

Last edited:
Advertisement
OK then, guess one (or more) of the coaches need to go. Lets start with Gattis.

Without a doubt we have some players that are not living up to their recruiting ranking. Also without a doubt however, there are coaches that would have a better record with these players, making less money. Both get some blame, but to me the staff has a bigger slice of the **** pie on their plates.

Advertisement
I watched Mark Richt come in and take over for Al Golden who went 6-7 the year before he was fired and then was 4-3 in his final year before being fired. A bunch of guys that lost at home to Clemson 58-0 and at UNC 59-21. A complete cluster of quitters.

What did Mark Richt do in his first two years? Go 9-4 in year one with a bowl win over a ranked West Virginia team and then **** near compete for a national title in year two, winning the Coastal to go to the ACC championship, beating top ranked teams and an Orange Bowl appearance.

I watched Richt do that without anything close to the resources Mario has today. Not to mention the dude was dealing with SIGNIFICANT personal issues involving his wife and later his own health.

Having seen that just a few years ago, you will NEVER convince me that Mario has it worse than Richt. I miss CMR so much. It wasn’t perfect of course but holy S. Look at us now.

Last edited:
It's more like 65% coaches fault - 35% players faults.

Players:
A lot of the players suffer from south florida diva syndrome. Don't put in the effort, mentally weak, think their star rating will do the work for them, post individual highlights on social media after losses, think they can out athlete opposing players (see james williams and his "tackling"), constantly making mental errors during games (Ex: stevenson INT, Special Teams blunders, etc). We lack more players like Restrepo, who just love the grind and to play. I really miss DeeJay Dallas. Pure athlete who wanted to compete and had fun while doing it. To me that is what we are lacking in some of the "evals". The coaches are doing evals of pure raw talent, but evals need to consider the 'gamer' and 'between the ears' aspects too. That should immediately help with the mentally weak aspects. You have to ask yourself how teams with absolutely no talent are able to beat us year in and year out, and then we get to watch them throw the U down over and over.

Coaches:
This current coaching staff is basically a dream team and an elite coaching staff (on paper) plus the addition of tons of analysts. It makes absolutely no sense that teams like MTSU or low level ACC basketball schools with brand new head coaches can beat us this badly at home. There's just no logical way that should ever happen or makes sense. We could take a star off of every single player on the roster and should still have more talent than Dukes roster. Duke is literally lucky to get ONE 4 star recruit each year. Let that sink in. The coaches are making too much money and have far too good of resumes to be this mediocre. It is the coaches jobs to develop the talent that they do have. I don't get how the majority of the evals and recruiting classes can have this many misses? How are multiple coaching staffs getting fooled? All the recruiting services also? Program has got to be cursed.
Back to the coaches: coaches at other programs making a fraction of what we pay coaches are putting teams together that show up to compete and perform respectively and they do this regularly. Sure once great teams like VT, Nebraska, and Tennessee (prior to this season) have struggled for a while, but then you also have teams that overperform really. The Syracuse's of the world. ****, even Mizzou gave Georgia a **** of a game and they are pretty awful. Somehow that is never us. Somehow we aren't the team that ever overperforms, but is a perennial underperformer. Take Wisconsin, I don't really see them ever winning a natty, but they are also a very strong team, where 7-5 should be the floor and a NY6 bowl win is the ceiling. I don't see them ever losing to a team like MTSU at home though? Seems like yeah other teams sometimes drop games, but never as many "head scratchers" like we do?

It is the coaches job to scheme to your players and get the best out of your players. The ACC is a very soft conference, especially the coastal, there is no reason we shouldn't be winning the coastal every year, at minimum.

I fell for it this offseason...the influx of quality coaches and analysts and money being poured into the program. Surely we would have been an 8 win team at minimum. Surely...

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the coaches meeting room.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, been drinking since the 2nd half hours ago lol

tl;dr
-the coaches are at fault because they are literally making millions to coach up D1 scholarship athletes, no matter who's recruits they were. The cupboards being bare is a BS excuse, because even with bare cupboards this team should have walked MTSU and comfortably beat Duke. I can see being in dogfights with NC, etc, but there is no excuse, no passes, for losing to MTSU....at all; let alone AT HOME.
-The players are also at fault because they are mentally soft and aren't gamer types. What's sad is you can see it before it happens (ex: Bubba Bolden dying his hair blonde coinciding exactly with his decline)

It's more like 65% coaches fault - 35% players faults.

Players:
A lot of the players suffer from south florida diva syndrome. Don't put in the effort, mentally weak, think their star rating will do the work for them, post individual highlights on social media after losses, think they can out athlete opposing players (see james williams and his "tackling"), constantly making mental errors during games (Ex: stevenson INT, Special Teams blunders, etc). We lack more players like Restrepo, who just love the grind and to play. I really miss DeeJay Dallas. Pure athlete who wanted to compete and had fun while doing it. To me that is what we are lacking in some of the "evals". The coaches are doing evals of pure raw talent, but evals need to consider the 'gamer' and 'between the ears' aspects too. That should immediately help with the mentally weak aspects. You have to ask yourself how teams with absolutely no talent are able to beat us year in and year out, and then we get to watch them throw the U down over and over.

Coaches:
This current coaching staff is basically a dream team and an elite coaching staff (on paper) plus the addition of tons of analysts. It makes absolutely no sense that teams like MTSU or low level ACC basketball schools with brand new head coaches can beat us this badly at home. There's just no logical way that should ever happen or makes sense. We could take a star off of every single player on the roster and should still have more talent than Dukes roster. Duke is literally lucky to get ONE 4 star recruit each year. Let that sink in. The coaches are making too much money and have far too good of resumes to be this mediocre. It is the coaches jobs to develop the talent that they do have. I don't get how the majority of the evals and recruiting classes can have this many misses? How are multiple coaching staffs getting fooled? All the recruiting services also? Program has got to be cursed.
Back to the coaches: coaches at other programs making a fraction of what we pay coaches are putting teams together that show up to compete and perform respectively and they do this regularly. Sure once great teams like VT, Nebraska, and Tennessee (prior to this season) have struggled for a while, but then you also have teams that overperform really. The Syracuse's of the world. ****, even Mizzou gave Georgia a **** of a game and they are pretty awful. Somehow that is never us. Somehow we aren't the team that ever overperforms, but is a perennial underperformer. Take Wisconsin, I don't really see them ever winning a natty, but they are also a very strong team, where 7-5 should be the floor and a NY6 bowl win is the ceiling. I don't see them ever losing to a team like MTSU at home though? Seems like yeah other teams sometimes drop games, but never as many "head scratchers" like we do?

It is the coaches job to scheme to your players and get the best out of your players. The ACC is a very soft conference, especially the coastal, there is no reason we shouldn't be winning the coastal every year, at minimum.

I fell for it this offseason...the influx of quality coaches and analysts and money being poured into the program. Surely we would have been an 8 win team at minimum. Surely...

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the coaches meeting room.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense, been drinking since the 2nd half hours ago lol

tl;dr
-the coaches are at fault because they are literally making millions to coach up D1 scholarship athletes, no matter who's recruits they were. The cupboards being bare is a BS excuse, because even with bare cupboards this team should have walked MTSU and comfortably beat Duke. I can see being in dogfights with NC, etc, but there is no excuse, no passes, for losing to MTSU....at all; let alone AT HOME.
-The players are also at fault because they are mentally soft and aren't gamer types. What's sad is you can see it before it happens (ex: Bubba Bolden dying his hair blonde coinciding exactly with his decline)
8 wins a year should be the minimum with our resources, but that never happens. For whatever reasons this football program fails at everything they do.

Advertisement
I watched Mark Richt come in and take over for Al Golden who went 6-7 the year before he was fired and then was 4-3 in his final year before being fired. A bunch of guys that lost at home to Clemson 58-0 and at UNC 59-21. A complete cluster of quitters.

What did Mark Richt do in his first two years? Go 9-4 in year one with a bowl win over a ranked West Virginia team and then **** near compete for a national title in year two, winning the Coastal to go to the ACC championship, beating top ranked teams and an Orange Bowl appearance.

I watched Richt do that without anything close to the resources Mario has today. Not to mention the dude was dealing with SIGNIFICANT personal issues involving his wife and later his own health.

Having seen that just a few years ago, you will NEVER convince me that Mario has it worse than Richt. I miss CMR so much. It wasn’t perfect of course but holy S. Look at us now.
Offensively the only thing we are better at right now than in 2016 is QB. Oline even in 2016 we had 4 guys that hung around in the NFL for a bit. This OLine group has one, maybe 2 NFL guys as of right now, one of which hasn't played this season.

QB - Kaaya - Was drafted at least.
RB - Mark Walton, Gus Edwards, Travis Homer, Joe Yearby - 2 guys still in NFL, 3 that made rosters/drafted.
WR - Ahmmon Richards, Stacy Coley, Braxton Berrios, Lawrence Cager - 2 guys still in NFL, Richards would have had he not had career ending injury, and 3 that made rosters/drafted.
TE - Njoku, Chris Herndon - 1 guy still in NFL, 2 that were drafted.

Facts! We seen this ****, mane. The way this is going, Mario is making this thing seem like the hardest job in all of sports, 🤣

Anyone who has been a Miami Alum or fan for a 3+ decades should know the drill by now.

Chill, or not, fact is most of us will make it through this alive..... IF you want to.

We're in the best position to succeed here in the near future we've been in for a looooong time as far as the Admin and coaches. Can things be better? Sure Always. Will crying and *****ing about the obvious improve things :cry:, especially in the 1st year of a huge long term contract with a coach most of us begged for? My guess is NO.

Most sensible long term fans are realistic and know that winning isn't owed to you just because you've won in the past. It doesn't happen in a vacuum because EVERY other team is also trying their best to win. Time is necessary to accomplish anything.

You want magic? Watch the Disney Channel. Otherwise relax, because this is going to take a while

Advertisement
Players play, coaches coach.

When you have superior players you will be fine.
When you have equal players scheme means something
When you have lesser players not much you can do. Becuase even scheme gets eliminated by the superior players.

Our players arent very good, really. They show flashes. The good ones are consistently good.

Coaches didn't just forget how to coach and scheme. Gattis did adjust to help TVD excel after he didn't do well with the original scheme. Mostly due to lack of production on the OL if you ask me. Also are inconsistency at RB. With no real running game, he let TVD sling it around.

So now TVD is hurt and he has to get more conservative. Mainly because Garcia isnt really ready. Easy to confuse and lacks confidence in his passes.

So all that being said. Its more players than coaches IMO. And that will take time, like years, to get to any type of championship level.

Last edited:
Need a significantly improved roster for sure .... OL / WR / RB / DB. However, I cannot believe that there are not at least half a dozen OC's out there that could have done a better job of adjusting scheme to this rosters skill set so that last Saturday having had Restrepo, Mallory, Colby Young, Skinner and Smith, there would have been at least a couple of TD's on the boards. More competent game analysts than me have clearly pointed out the poor route trees that Gattis employs and the results are pretty clear.

Advertisement
Offensively the only thing we are better at right now than in 2016 is QB. Oline even in 2016 we had 4 guys that hung around in the NFL for a bit. This OLine group has one, maybe 2 NFL guys as of right now, one of which hasn't played this season.

QB - Kaaya - Was drafted at least.
RB - Mark Walton, Gus Edwards, Travis Homer, Joe Yearby - 2 guys still in NFL, 3 that made rosters/drafted.
WR - Ahmmon Richards, Stacy Coley, Braxton Berrios, Lawrence Cager - 2 guys still in NFL, Richards would have had he not had career ending injury, and 3 that made rosters/drafted.
TE - Njoku, Chris Herndon - 1 guy still in NFL, 2 that were drafted.
On defense, you have Jaquan Johnson, Jamal Carter, Redwine, Michael Jackson, Harris, Joe Jackson, McIntosh, Quarterman, Colbert, Elder, and Jenkins. Then add in Pinckney, Thomas, Norton and Willis who did some time on practice squads.

I didn’t vote, but I am in the poor coaching camp.

With last years offensive output, this team is 6-2 at worst.

I’d hang this whole season around the neck of Gattis while I gave him his walking papers at the end of the season. I’d also put this in Cristobal’s permanent file as a major strike against him as a strategist and leader. His views on offensive football must evolve.

Talent will not overcome the lack of offensive production in 2022.

meh.
checkin in here and there.
season's a bust.
both sides of the debate have merit.
Not wasting as much time reading the boards as I would be if we didn't suck donkey balls.

Not sold on Mario.
Gattis is Enos squared. Hope he leaves or is fired. solid on that.

Not sold on old man defensive guy. forget his name RN. best perfs are against **** comp and the busts....

Players? - enh. see Duke

Mario needs to get new OC and DC.
Crootin? dunno.

Not calling for an unrealistic change either.
Time will tell and not sure I wanna spend much of mine thinking about it.

Will watch every game and be a fan, not s super fan until the bandwagon gets going if ever again.

Overall,
LOWERED EXPECTATIONS FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.

Wish we had hired Lane. amen.

Advertisement
Back