The latest with Romello Height

View as article
Advertisement
Best case scenario. I hope he gets very acquainted with Francis next season… Yes I’m petty.

Advertisement
We dodged a JAG bullet here.

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV

I think the staff panicked a little when some of our guys told them they were going to transfer. Then they realized filling spots with JAGs is stupid.
He was essentially supposed to be the replacement for NJ Kelly, but given the adds they recruited in the 24 class & bringing in Alston from Marshall, to me didn't seem like a necessary expense.

The need for another LB/Rusher can still be mitigated from the Portal, just pick someone who isn't an average at best player combined with being a potential azzhat. You can bring in as many knucklehead kids as you want, but they have to be worth the cost with the on-field production. Bringing in a knucklehead who is also a JAG is what is referred to as, hustling backwards.

If they still feel the need for another LB/EDGE depth piece, go get Morven Joseph or back-channel for a kid like Cameron Whitfield to hit the Portal. But you don't waste a spot for a kid like Height.

Good to hear they came to their senses & passed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rotational depth type of player? Or someone that will actually eat up snaps?

I think you mean rotational player or depth piece. At DE, a non-starter in your 2-deep is still good for ~20 snaps per game. You need 4 guys to play meaningful snaps every game.

Hopefully we are looking for someone to play in the 2-deep (and not a guy like Height, who I'd prefer see as depth for someone in the 2-deep).

Advertisement
Back