The last time...?

I think we actually have shut down corners, but as has been stated, with this abortion of a defensive scheme, they don't have a chance.

A shut down corner should only have to shut down the receivers for four seconds. With the distance they're held off the ball to start with, and this stand and pattycake defensive line situation, QB's often have five or six seconds before they have to throw. Way too long.

Advertisement
Our dbs are undersized and can't tackle. The guys have talent, but aren't being coached up properly. My answer, Buchanon

We could do a bunch of these last time threads...

Last time we won a Bowl Game - 2006 (Nevada lolz)

Last All American - K. Jennings 2007.

Last legit road. Win -V. Tech - 2005.

Last time won the conference. - Nevermind.

Stellar track record Pres/Admin/BOT.

Yet, we are labeled reactionary, fickle, knee-jerk fans.

Brutal.
whens the last time you heard the term shut down corner and Miami in the same sentence?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sorry honey but I think you guys are just comparing Harris to what we have now. By he was not a lockdown corner. He was a good corner here, but he was not clear to being a lockdown corner. Lockdown corners dont get be a like harris did and still does. He didn't drop in the draft and get cut because he is a lockdown corner. If he was he would of been starting in Houston still so sorry but we'll just have to disagree

Last edited:
This fkin staff sux and until changes r made at prez that want to win then I expect nerd type football forever.

Advertisement
How was harris shutdown? Can somebody please explain how?

Did you watch the games back then? He wasn't drafted in the second round because he got burnt consistently and sucked right? He had a w/e 40 time and decent measurables.

He was always solid here and pretty shutdown meaning whoever he was covering rarely had a good game.

People seem to think because our team sucked and Shannon was garbage that we didn't have good players.

Spence was a baller. Benjamin got drafted in the third round. Harris was solid here. Mike James was also solid.

The trio of Harris, DVD and Hill **** on this current unit. What sucks is that I honestly think THIS unit may have more talent. SMH

I would have to agree. Harris supported the run very well, DVD had great recovery and Hill was serviceable. The current unit is filled with top shelf talent, sadly, the only plays they make are on balls well over/under thrown.

Right now they're just defensive backs playing on the worst defensive scheme on the planet. I've never quite seen anything like this @ Miami in my life.

Advertisement
Not a CB but...

[video=youtube_share;LG_f1GzmwHo]http://youtu.be/LG_f1GzmwHo[/video]

Sorry honey but I think you guys are just comparing Harris to what we have now. By he was not a lockdown corner. He was a good corner here, but he was not clear to being a lockdown corner. Lockdown corners dont get be a like harris did and still does. He didn't drop in the draft and get cut because he is a lockdown corner. If he was he would of been starting in Houston still so sorry but we'll just have to disagree

What does the pros have to do with college? I love Mike Rumph but he was rather pedestrian in the league... Harris wasn't an AA and a 2nd rounder for nothing... He was the last good corner we had... People point out his performance against Mike Floyd, but Floyd did that to everyone and the better man won... Name a game where Harris got beat... He was good here... Our DBs in 09 and 2010 were good.. However, since then we have regressed...

We could do a bunch of these last time threads...

Last time we won a Bowl Game - 2006 (Nevada lolz)

Last All American - K. Jennings 2007.

Last legit road. Win -V. Tech - 2005.

Last time won the conference. - Nevermind.

Stellar track record Pres/Admin/BOT.

Yet, we are labeled reactionary, fickle, knee-jerk fans.

Brutal.
whens the last time you heard the term shut down corner and Miami in the same sentence?

Harris was an All-American in 09... At least sports illustrated...

Advertisement
How was harris shutdown? Can somebody please explain how?

Did you watch the games back then? He wasn't drafted in the second round because he got burnt consistently and sucked right? He had a w/e 40 time and decent measurables.

He was always solid here and pretty shutdown meaning whoever he was covering rarely had a good game.

People seem to think because our team sucked and Shannon was garbage that we didn't have good players.

Spence was a baller. Benjamin got drafted in the third round. Harris was solid here. Mike James was also solid.

Exactly. This guy is basing his assessment of Harris off of what he is doing now, not what he did at Miami. Harris played as a true freshman and still left early. Can't imagine how much of a beast he really would've been if he had the chance to redshirt and stay an extra year or two.

Advertisement
Back