The last 4 games

bbcane

Senior
I have seen signs of a good team and coaching. If we can finish the yr 9-4 with a bowl win I am content to see what happens next yr. (not that mine or most on this board opinion matters). The last4 game have been different than the last 3.5 yrs IMO. It seems the dogs have been losed so to speak.
Also I look at Shannon last yr and it is not even comparable(if we win out).

Advertisement
It's easy to be angry after the loss, but they've played good football the last three and a half games, winning the next three would be progress.

I have seen signs of a good team and coaching. If we can finish the yr 9-4 with a bowl win I am content to see what happens next yr. (not that mine or most on this board opinion matters). The last4 game have been different than the last 3.5 yrs IMO. It seems the dogs have been losed so to speak.

winning out including the bowl game is crucial to the turn around but yes it seems much different since GTECH
Shannons last year was not even close to what we see now

win out and 2015 is the last stand for Golden to win the acc

Winning the next three is the only acceptable outcome. Anything worse and there should be **** to pay.

That's because you're mediocre - and are satisfied with mediocrity.

You've got the right coach. And come to think of it, you're in the right place.

Advertisement
Progress from what? Progress from starting 3-3? Yeah, congratul****inglations. Progress from last year? Nope. Enough progress in year four? Nope, not even close. Not sniffing the ACC Coastal title and the ACC Title game......progress?!?!?!?

riding-a-roller-coaster.jpg

Progress from what? Progress from starting 3-3? Yeah, congratul****inglations. Progress from last year? Nope. Enough progress in year four? Nope, not even close. Not sniffing the ACC Coastal title and the ACC Title game......progress?!?!?!?

Progress from the last 10yrs miami football. Last 4 games are the closest it's come to looking like Mia footvall.

Progress from the last 10yrs miami football. Last 4 games are the closest it's come to looking like Mia footvall.

So you're judging it on wins over bad teams and a moral victory? Sounds great. What it doesn't sound like is real progress.

Advertisement
It's easy to be angry after the loss, but they've played good football the last three and a half games, winning the next three would be progress.

And chitty football the last 4 years. We seem to forget that this is not JUST ABOUT FSU.

Ive accepted Golden coming back next year. Hes not going to get fired. But at the very least, some of those position coaches better get fired. And hopefully D'nofrio, but i doubt that too.

People seem inclined to use the most feeble baseline possible against which to determine progress.

Progress should be judged against the reasonable expectations for this particular program based on what competent coaches have done here and at similarly situated programs, not against some extraordinarily dumbed down version of what we've seen here the past decade.

Advertisement

So you're judging it on wins over bad teams and a moral victory? Sounds great. What it doesn't sound like is real progress.

I am judging over 3 lop sided victories over teams that have consistently beat us over the last 10 yrs. and a loss to the reigning undefeated national champs that we have beaten once in ten yrs.

The last four games are the closest to Mia footvall in 10 yrs.

We had a 4- game stretch during a 6-4 season where we beat up on two 5-5 Coastal teams, a mid-major, and played (like a few other teams) FSU close.

This is what passes as promise now at Miami? Man the bar lowering is reaching terrifying new depths.

Advertisement

I am judging over 3 lop sided victories over teams that have consistently beat us over the last 10 yrs. and a loss to the reigning undefeated national champs that we have beaten once in ten yrs.

We're 6-4 against UNC in the last 10 years, so not sure that's consistently, but even if it were, THEY SUCK. I'll give you that VT has had our number, but THEY SUCK. This is the worst VT team since 1991. Who cares if they've owned us lately? VMI could beat VPI this year. Cincy? We hadn't played them since 1998, and....wait for it, THEY SUCK. And, lastly, WE LOST TO FSU. Don't give me, the, "we played them closest we ever have" crap. WE LOST.

We beat FSU twice in 2004, 2007, and 2009. So you already don't know what you are talking about.

Forrealz. We almost BEAT FSU!!

Advertisement
Back