The Lashlee Effect

gambino97

Recruit
Much has been made about the impact Lashlee has had on the team. Improved QB play, tempo, competent playcalling all come to mind. But early on for me, the biggest marked improvement has to be 3rd down efficiency.

These stats don't even factor in tonight's game, where the Canes were an impressive 11 of 16 (69%) on 3rd downs and 3 of 4 (75%) on 4th down conversions.

Advertisement
D77F04F3-2DD4-4863-9992-ED8EC6114C0B.jpeg

Advertisement
I think we have an very good (won’t say elite unless a #1 WR emerges) & a flashy splash play defense with 2 elite players (philips & bolden) along with 3 very good ones in (nesta, blades, & roche). That being said this team can give Clemson all they can handle. King will have to play his best game & our dline will have to play theres as well. It can be done though. Extra week to prepare. I expect us to play with our hair on fire. Regardless, this is very fun. Enjoy it fellas. We deserve it.

I think we have an very good (won’t say elite unless a #1 WR emerges) & a flashy splash play defense with 2 elite players (philips & bolden) along with 3 very good ones in (nesta, blades, & roche). That being said this team can give Clemson all they can handle. King will have to play his best game & our dline will have to play theres as well. It can be done though. Extra week to prepare. I expect us to play with our hair on fire. Regardless, this is very fun. Enjoy it fellas. We deserve it.

It's also nice we get a bye week so we can luxuriate in this feeling for a few extra days. I think we are #8 or 9 when polls come out, then next week there will probably be more upsets, and Miami could go into Clemson ranked #6 or 7. Did you think we would go into Clemson in week 4 ranked just outside the top 5? That's pretty darn good for a team that won 6 games last year.

BTW I think we actually have a legit #1 and #2 WR, Wiggins and Payton. They just need a bit more time. By the end of the season it will be clear.

Advertisement
How do we keep him an extra year? Get this man whatever he needs.

Maybe King does like Lawrence and comes back to win a championship. That and $$ may help keep Lashlee. I don't see his stock dropping so he'll have as many offers after next season. Question is does he eventually go to the NFL as an OC or become a college HC. I also don't think college teams will make a lot of HC changes after the season because covid has really hurt most programs financially.

Advertisement
Maybe King does like Lawrence and comes back to win a championship. That and $$ may help keep Lashlee. I don't see his stock dropping so he'll have as many offers after next season. Question is does he eventually go to the NFL as an OC or become a college HC. I also don't think college teams will make a lot of HC changes after the season because covid has really hurt most programs financially.
Thats a pretty good point about Covid and a lack of openings. Man I just hope the stars align.

Thats a pretty good point about Covid and a lack of openings. Man I just hope the stars align.

The programs that can pay already have coaches they are sticking with. The VA Techs and Ole Misses of CFB are stuck with what they have until after next season. No stadium revenue and tv money will be much less. Then you have dumpster fires like FSU which just bought out a coach and are stuck for another 3 years. I dont see any premier cfb jobs opening up and I doubt Lashlee would leave for a mid tier P5. If USC opens up after 2021, then that could be a quality landing spot.

Advertisement
It's a mentality man. Go back and watch his first meeting w the team.

This dude is all about that action and his players are right there with him. They believe no one can stop them bc the OC believes no one can stop them.

Advertisement
Back