The Khan’s Recap

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
Pros:

— King silenced the doubters. I mean...what a ******* performance. That dude willed us to victory.

— Our receivers are playing better. They are still annoying at times with the drops, but at least they are doing enough for us to win now.

— The team is incredibly well-conditioned. I’ve been saying it all season, but it has been noticeable in each of our first 6 games. Credit to Feeley.

— Our team has heart/pride. They generated a comeback that most recent Canes teams wouldn’t have had in them. That doesn’t excuse how stupid we look sometimes, but at least they care enough to not quit when things look bleak.

— The offensive coaching staff is legit. I know things haven’t always been crisp this year, but I trust Lashlee, Justice, and Likens. They all have proven track records, and that showed tonight.

Cons:

— Our defense is terrible. There I said it. All season long I’ve been giving us the benefit of the doubt countless times because we’ve been keeping teams out of the endzone.

Well, that ended tonight. Diaz and the rest of his boy toys got out-coached all game until the last few drives. I know some of you are going to say, “well they showed up when we needed them!” Nah, fvck that. It shouldn’t have even come to that. The entire game we got bent over and anally probed by a back-up quarterback. Enough said.

— We are incredibly undisciplined. The off sides, the dumb unsportsmanlike penalties, the lack of awareness/preparation pre-snap — it’s all excruciating. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I’m disgusted overall.

— Our guys (and coaches) think they are better than they are. You can’t act like ****y motherfvckers until you consistently blow out the teams on your schedule. I’m sick of the taunting and celebrations. It looks stupid as **** and, more times than not, that player does something dumb the next play anyway.

— Our offensive line is still sooooooo unimpressive in the run game. We started getting it going at the end because they got tired, but the first 3 quarters were brutal to watch. We just don’t have the strength and toughness to manhandle teams.

— With that said, our running backs are consistently missing cutback lanes and we’re stuck getting 1 yard instead of 3, which ends up making a difference in the long run. It’s like they are superglued to our OL’s asses. Tough to watch.

We continue to prove that we are, at best, an above average team. I’ll take it after the **** we had to endure last year, but if Diaz doesn’t eventually make some serious changes on the defensive side of the ball then he can Fvck right off.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty accurate. We are a top 20 team, maybe 15. Offense is legit, defense is being used incorrectly I think. Oline couldn't push a baby stroller, but the pass pro was very good. King is a beast and the WR's showed out as well.
Agreed, the pass protection was solid. I should have mentioned that.

Advertisement
Pretty accurate. We are a top 20 team, maybe 15. Offense is legit, defense is being used incorrectly I think. Oline couldn't push a baby stroller, but the pass pro was very good. King is a beast and the WR's showed out as well.
We’re a top 10 team, but that is more of a statement at the poor play in college football than our excellence.
Top 10 doesn’t mean much when the game is basically top 3 and everyone else. ND is about to prove my point today.

I think you said the keys to us being about to run the ball, just pound and wear teams down, until we can do better
Ya, I understand why we’re stubborn with it — because eventually it will work. But it’s still frustrating to watch inside zone calls go for 1 yard the entire first half.

I think if our receivers continue to make plays down field, it will open up the running game by forcing teams to play honest and not stack the box.

We’re a top 10 team, but that is more of a statement at the poor play in college football than our excellence.
Top 10 doesn’t mean much when the game is basically top 3 and everyone else. ND is about to prove my point today.
Ya, every team outside of the top 3 or 4 has major flaws. They all struggle and can win/lose any given week.

Advertisement
Pros:

— King silenced the doubters. I mean...what a ******* performance. That dude willed us to victory.

— Our receivers are playing better. They are still annoying at times with the drops, but at least they are doing enough for us to win now.

— The team is incredibly well-conditioned. I’ve been saying it all season, but it has been noticeable in each of our first 6 games. Credit to Feeley.

— Our team has heart/pride. They generated a comeback that most recent Canes teams wouldn’t have had in them. That doesn’t excuse how stupid we look sometimes, but at least they care enough to not quit when things look bleak.

— The offensive coaching staff is legit. I know things haven’t always been crisp this year, but I trust Lashlee, Justice, and Likens. They all have proven track records, and that showed tonight.

Cons:

— Our defense is terrible. There I said it. All season long I’ve been giving us the benefit of the doubt countless times because we’ve been keeping teams out of the endzone.

Well, that ended tonight. Diaz and the rest of his boy toys got out-coached all game until the last few drives. I know some of you are going to say, “well they showed up when we needed them!” Nah, fvck that. It shouldn’t have even come to that. The entire game we got bent over and anally probed by a back-up quarterback. Enough said.

— We are incredibly undisciplined. The off sides, the dumb unsportsmanlike penalties, the lack of awareness/preparation pre-snap — it’s all excruciating. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. I’m disgusted overall.

— Our guys (and coaches) think they are better than they are. You can’t act like ****y motherfvckers until you consistently blow out the teams on your schedule. I’m sick of the taunting and celebrations. It looks stupid as **** and, more times than not, that player does something dumb the next play anyway.

— Our offensive line is still sooooooo unimpressive in the run game. We started getting it going at the end because they got tired, but the first 3 quarters were brutal to watch. We just don’t have the strength and toughness to manhandle teams.

— With that said, our running backs are consistently missing cutback lanes and we’re stuck getting 1 yard instead of 3, which ends up making a difference in the long run. It’s like they are superglued to our OL’s asses. Tough to watch.

We continue to prove that we are, at best, an above average team. I’ll take it after the **** we had to endure last year, but if Diaz doesn’t eventually make some serious changes on the defensive side of the ball then he can Fvck right off.

Go Canes!
But... but... but...

where are all the "Miami's D is ranked x, y, z" muppets?

I don't feel there is as much a deficiency in talent, as say the OL that is holding back the D. It is primarily the staff.

Imagine if our Canes' D had the Lashlee version of a coordinator (and Justice as position) to coach, game plan, call plays, and make sound in-game adjustments?

Dream a little dream.

Last edited:
Pros:

Cons:

Go Canes!
I hear everything you are saying , but I’m just happy we got the win , the Miami team of last year would of lost that game , I haven’t seen a Miami QB will a team to a win in almost a decade. Yea the defense played terrible but for years it’s been Miami defense who has kept us in games , while the offense played like trash , it’s good to finally see the offense put the team on the back for once , even after the terrible calls by the refs , a kick return by the other team and we still won , we matched our wins from all of last year and broke the bye week curse , we definitely can’t play like this again next but I’m happy for the win.

Our Kicker is money. Cannot have a positive list without mentioning that.

We have found a way to win without one of our best offensive weapons yet again. People seem to just forget to mention that too.

The biggest pro from last night that was not mentioned in your list was that when the defense needed to come up huge in the 4th quarter they got a huge sack AND caused a turnover.
Many teams would have just laid down and died in that situation last night. (Ask Oklahoma, a team many people loved to fawn over prior to their two losses.)

Advertisement
Our Kicker is money. Cannot have a positive list without mentioning that.

We have found a way to win without one of our best offensive weapons yet again. People seem to just forget to mention that too.

The biggest pro from last night that was not mentioned in your list was that when the defense needed to come up huge in the 4th quarter they got a huge sack AND caused a turnover.
Many teams would have just laid down and died in that situation last night. (Ask Oklahoma, a team many people loved to fawn over prior to their two losses.)
I give the defense props for making the plays at the end to win, but we shouldn’t have needed them to if they didn’t play like **** the first 3 quarters.

"With that said, our running backs are consistently missing cutback lanes and we’re stuck getting 1 yard instead of 3, which ends up making a difference in the long run. It’s like they are superglued to our OL’s asses. Tough to watch."

I was noticing this too. Obviously, the OL isn't great in opening up massive holes for the run game, but sometimes it's also not all on them. Our backs may have a little raw talent, but is it just me, or are they not the most instinctual runners out there? So many times I watch them and swear they could have gained at least 2-3 more yards than they end up getting.

But... but... but...

where are all the "Miami's D is ranked x, y, z" muppets?

I don't feel there is as much a deficiency in talent as say the OL that is holding back the D. It is primarily the staff.

Imagine if our Canes' D had the Lashlee version of a coordinator to coach, game plan, and game call?

Dream a little dream.
This is definitely a weaker defense than last year.

The two biggest challenges this offseason are going to be the quarterback position post-King and what changes need to be made in the defensive staff.

"With that said, our running backs are consistently missing cutback lanes and we’re stuck getting 1 yard instead of 3, which ends up making a difference in the long run. It’s like they are superglued to our OL’s asses. Tough to watch."

I was noticing this too. Obviously, the OL isn't great in opening up massive holes for the run game, but sometimes it's also not all on them. Our backs may have a little raw talent, but is it just me, or are they not the most instinctual runners out there? So many times I watch them and swear they could have gained at least 2-3 more yards than they end up getting.
Chaney seems to have the best vision, but he didn’t get much burn last night. Harris had a decent game, I guess.

Advertisement
Back