The key to Clemson's success - take note Manny.

Players loved Al and Mark too. Would’ve run thru a wall for em. Then the players realized those dudes couldn’t coach, and it went downhill.
Who? We had players telling recruits not to come here during Golden years and almost every offensive player wanting to transfer during Richt era.

Advertisement
https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...idnt-offer-many-of-its-players-in-recruiting/

Here's a better answer: better player evals and coaching. The bags argument might hold water if Clemson and Bama were competing for the same recruits and they ended up at Clemson. Its easy to look up offer lists so you can verify this yourself. Many of Clemson's players on D weren't even offered by Bama, which goes to show that Clemson has a different method for player evals. Miami could learn from this. Don't try to beat Bama at the bag game- you'll lose every time.
Then fans have to not get their panties in a twist when the 4 and 5 star kids from SoFl go and play for Alabama.

I agree with your premise - we should touch base with those guys, but they shouldn't be made priorities. Not unless they commit early. We can't compete when Saban starts dropping bags as NSD approaches.

It’s all about winning. Win and the players will want to play for you. Lose and they’ll turn on you.

Some interesting convo being spoken by Dabo.
Pretty much start around 14:47 and then listen closely around the 18:10 mark.

Advertisement
our Problem is the administration has paid cheap with our program. Go look at what Clemson pay their assistance. We pay guys on our staff like they are first year teachers in okeechibee county schools.

The key is that Dabo recruits his *** off all season and largely leaves the running of the team to his highly-paid assistant coaches, all of whom make top dollar. Add in the commitment from the school to make it as easy as possible for the program to succeed -- something Alabama also enjoys -- and it's easy to see why these guys are on top.

Advertisement
Yea that’s my bad. Just hearing the name Golden and Richt set me off. They were the worst coaches I’ve ever seen. My apologies not reading the full post.
Lol no problem bro... I’ve done that same thing, replying without reading the whole post, a dozen times, at least.

And yea those two names do the same to me.

Corny post OP. Venables just schemed a great game and the offense made plays when they had to. It's that simple; Bama will be in the national title game next year... again.

And get beat again if that QB is healthy.

The OP makes valid points.

Yes. BAMA has had equal or slightly more success the last 5 seasons.

The key difference is Clemson is doing it with WAY less talent. They don’t finish with perennial top 10 classes let alone top 3 classes like Bama does.

So what is the variable? The things the OP mentions IMO

Nah, it's coaching. Clemson was superior in preparation, game-planning, and in-game adjustments.

Advertisement
Posted this elsewhere, relevant here to, Clemson from the top Pres, on down has invested $$$ into program, Bama has made it an arms race and Clemson hired a bama guy to give them the blueprint also, they have invested in top coaches when that is a problem (Chad Morris first to get offense right, Venables when they got gaped in OB by WVU for 70 points), you want to compete with these boys, you gonna have to have an aligned admin with a plan. We dont even have a competent AD.

Also see below:

If you are realistic and see what clemson invested to get to level of bama, look at how they took that thad turnipseed guy and how he took Clemson recruiting staff from 3 people to over 40. Read some of his quotes on how the whole school has to be aligned and then really look at what UM gives its athletics, you will understand. Now we should be able to compete with majority because we still have more talent than most and they also arent investing like they are also. But the top big dawgs are making moves and you better believe, the Oklahomas, OSU, etc have gotten taste and will join arms race.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ma-clemson-college-football-playoff/78570562/
Nobody is more well-equipped to understand those lines than Turnipseed, whose technical title at Clemson is director of recruiting and external affairs but does a little bit of everything from compiling a weekly report on recruits’ social media accounts to designing the Tigers’ new $55 million football complex.

And though the programs could hardly be more different in personality and approach, Turnipseed has, in fact, helped Clemson build an Alabama-style operation for recruiting in terms of staffing, analysis of players, structuring visits and social media publicity blasts. Co-offensive coordinator Jeff Scott, who was formerly the recruiting coordinator, said the recruiting-focused staff (including student assistants) has increased from two or three to 40 in recent years.

“(Athletics director) Dan Radakovich has allowed me a lot of leeway for what that’s going to look like,” he said. “So I took Oklahoma’s locker room, Tennessee’s training room, Alabama’s weight room and gave it a bit of a Clemson feel. We’re fun. Dabo says at Clemson I want to be fun, I want to be warm and I want to be family. That’s what I want our program to feel like.”

“That's one thing I learned from coach Saban,” he said. “Whatever it takes to be the best, whether it’s psychology, nutrition, I’ve helped push that at Clemson. Whatever it takes, let’s be smart with it, but we’re going to do it. I know it sounds simple, but it’s so rare in college athletics: When the head coach is in line with the (athletics director) and the AD with the trustees and with the president, you can get all those egos aligned that’s when you can be great. That’s what Alabama had and that’s why we’re where we are today.”

Thad Turnipseed, Clemson's director of recruiting operations and external affairs, has worked with both Saban and Swinney to implement their holistic approaches to building championship teams.

"Everything matters in every area of your program," Turnipseed said Saturday at media day for the College Football Playoff national championship game. "That's hard for a lot of programs to buy into. If you're not willing to be the best at every single one of those categories, whatever it maybe, Clemson and Alabama are dedicated to that so we're going to continue to move ahead."

Swinney said: "I mean, he's just been one of the best hires that I've ever made for sure."

The first big project at Clemson was a massive restructuring of the recruiting department, using Alabama's war-room evaluation as a blueprint and increasing staff from a handful to dozens of evaluators. The difference was Swinney wanted to place greater emphasis on how players fit Clemson's culture, which flows from the head coach's warmer approach and emphasis on a family feel.

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/article223983420.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/article223983420.html#storylink=cpy

We got video of guys like Dorito being head guy green lighting Safeties who are small and slow to play at UM, that is who we paid to be decision makers, bruh.

Nah, it's coaching. Clemson was superior in preparation, game-planning, and in-game adjustments.

What do you think part of coaching is?

Having your players give their absolute best for you. You can have the best game plan and scheme in the world but the players have to execute it and give effort.

Players don’t quit on good coaches

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back