The Key Recruit

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
Who is "The Key" for the 2014 recruiting class?

It doesn't mean the most talented or the best prospect. The key = the recruit who has significant admiration from his peers and can sway other kids who may be on the fence. In 2012, we were lucky enough to have a guy in Duke Johnson who was not only "the key," but also probably the best prospect in a long time. It's often someone who played optimist ball with a group of others.

Each year, we see that the best recruiters are actually some of the commits themselves.

Is Mcdermott that kind of kid? Trevor Darling?

I can't see any of the superstar RBs being that guy who begins to sway others.

Can it be Edouard or Winky Flowers?

Advertisement
Winky or Sony. Both are legends in the area. Huge stamp of approval if either commit early in the process.

I think Edouard would be the guy to most outwardly and aggressively recruit other players to join him though.

Advertisement
Miami isnt even in Peppers top 5. So lets stop talking about him until something changes please.

Advertisement
By the above criteria, I think it's Edouard. Quarterback, enough talent to have respect in the area, and seems like the kind of kid that would just jump all over local recruits to join up...

Probably Flowers or Sony. Those guys are known by all the high school kids in Dade and Broward and can recruit like crazy for UM. Let's hope we get an early commit from one of them. I think McDermott has the personality to go all out for UM, but he isn't a name that kids in Dade and Broward would really recognize.

Advertisement
Probably Flowers or Sony. Those guys are known by all the high school kids in Dade and Broward and can recruit like crazy for UM. Let's hope we get an early commit from one of them. I think McDermott has the personality to go all out for UM, but he isn't a name that kids in Dade and Broward would really recognize.

I think its just that he doesn't play a **** position like QB or RB.

Personally, I see two guys who can play that role for us. One is definitely Winky, and I think Golden knows this, hence teh early offer. The other guy I think that can play this role is Khari Clark.

Advertisement
This class is so good and so critical we better target whoever it is and do whatever it takes to land em. We have to hit a grand slam with this group.

IMO, it's Sony. His name has been talked about by fans of in-state college football for quite some time. This recruiting cycle, he just happens to be (arguably) the most talented and at a huge position of need. He's key to the '14 class.

Winky and Lane. They would create a lot of positive buzz for 2014. They seem like real "305" guys...

Advertisement
Back