The Jersey pipeline is scrong, real scrong

Problem2

All-American
Premium
Tommy Hatton, one of the nation’s top guards, flew into Miami to visit the Hurricanes.

The Montvale (NJ) St. Joseph’s Regional standout arrived on Wednesday as he has family that resides in nearby Plantation, Florida.

“My cousin has season tickets for the Hurricane games,” Hatton told 247Sports Saturday night. “I grew up liking the Canes.”

The four-star prospect arrived on campus at 10 a.m. this morning.

“I put the jersey on as they had my number waiting for me in the locker room,” Hatton said. “I saw the weight room and then we went to lunch where I got to talk to coach Al Golden. It was mostly small talk as I didn’t go into his office.”

The nation’s No. 13 guard also spent time with offensive coordinator James Coley.

“He said he really likes my film,” Hatton said.

And the No. 9 prospect in New Jersey in the 2015 class sat next to Hurricanes offensive line coach Art Kehoe during the Miami-Syracuse basketball game.

“He wants me to come to camp to get an offer,” Hatton said. “It was a really good day overall besides not picking up an offer.”

Boston College, Connecticut, Duke, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Massachusetts, Temple and Rutgers have offered.

South Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia, Michigan State and Miami are showing interest.

Who sticks out?

“I have high interest in Miami, South Carolina definitely, Boston College and Michigan State,” Hatton said.

The 6-foot-3, 280-pounder will visit Duke, North Carolina, North Carolina State, South Carolina and Georgia Tech during the same week in February.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/Four-star-OL-flies-in-to-see-Miami--173427

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1742388/highlights/111428388

You got cats paying their own way to try and get an offer. MOAR

Last edited:
Advertisement
F*CK yes. People have been laughing and mocking this Sh*t. There is a F*CK load of talent in Jersey, and its been a HUGE pipeline to PSU and OSU historically. Schiano managed to keep some of those kids home for the few years he made Rutgers respectable, but that is now dead and buried. Rutgers is back in the toilet, and Jersey is WIDE open right now. Golden is slamming down the pick axe all over that state. Be nice to build the kind of pipeline in Jersey that has many if not most of the top kids up there looking at us every year. Blend that with top Florida talent, and were going to be well stocked with talent.

Advertisement
just be more consistent locally and then we have the perfect combination of both but trust many schools wish they could recruit in NJ like UM

Advertisement
847836.jpg

Record lows on the sunshine meter

I'd make 90% of OLine prospects come to camp. Too many big guys get by on size in high school...I would want to see them up against people the size of the guys they'll face in college. Guys like Kc and Darling are the exception.

Last edited:
Love it. There have been good early returns as well. It's important to have another state or two be a reliable additional source of a few guys. So fla definitely needs to be the bread and butter but having ga, east tx, la, pa, and no be places where we have a presence is important too

Advertisement
recruiting Jersey is good.

but recruiting Jersey over South Fla?

well, we'll see about this.

Advertisement
The Jersey pipeline is an excellent supplement to the South Florida main course, I wouldn't compare the two though. Of course I know some do it just to russle jimmies.

Advertisement
Back