The irony of recruiting

JB7-FTW

Sophomore
We managed to pull in one of our best recent classes coming off a 6-7 record where the only thing that changed was the inclusion of impact transfers and a change of OC to Lashlee and change of WR coach to Likens. The key point here is that we got all of our 2021 commits before the season even started. This is all while the coaches had to sell the potential success of the new team which could potentially lead to a 10 win season. Now almost everything seems to be going really well and we are well on our way to securing a 9-2 or 10-1 record. Every game so far has been nationally televised and we are a strong presence in college football as a top 3(top 2 if not for ND this year) team in the ACC. Despite all of this, not a single high profile commit has been swayed to join the movement. I'm specifically looking at the Florida CBs committed to schools that are much worse off than us right now. Including Damarius McGhee committed to Tennessee, Omarion Cooper and Kevin Knowles committed to the awful FSU, among other flip candidates. To make it worse Markevious Brown looks to be heading elsewhere and Tim Burns just decommitted giving us a total of 0 CBs in the class. I'm just curious what recruits are thinking that makes them not want to play for us, given our lack of corner depth and their ability to come in and play early.

Advertisement
We managed to pull in one of our best recent classes coming off a 6-7 record where the only thing that changed was the inclusion of impact transfers and a change of OC to Lashlee and change of WR coach to Likens. The key point here is that we got all of our 2021 commits before the season even started. This is all while the coaches had to sell the potential success of the new team which could potentially lead to a 10 win season. Now almost everything seems to be going really well and we are well on our way to securing a 9-2 or 10-1 record. Every game so far has been nationally televised and we are a strong presence in college football as a top 3(top 2 if not for ND this year) team in the ACC. Despite all of this, not a single high profile commit has been swayed to join the movement. I'm specifically looking at the Florida CBs committed to schools that are much worse off than us right now. Including Damarius McGhee committed to Tennessee, Omarion Cooper and Kevin Knowles committed to the awful FSU, among other flip candidates. To make it worse Markevious Brown looks to be heading elsewhere and Tim Burns just decommitted giving us a total of 0 CBs in the class. I'm just curious what recruits are thinking that makes them not want to play for us, given our lack of corner depth and their ability to come in and play early.
Two words. MIKE RUMPH! 🤢🤮

This year seems very complicated with having to manage every player having the ability to return and still only having 85 scholies. Love to hear thoughts on that. Throw in the portal and you need to have some salary cap wizards on the staff managing things.

100% wrong on this one bro.. probably best to chill out

You maybe correct, but what's the point of the vague, 'I know the truth but can't tell you' post.
Its the equivalent of Public Enemy rapping, "talking loud ain't saying nothing".

Frankly, I am not taking a position on this issue, but if you are going to post as though you have information, then provide the information. Otherwise, what's the point?

Advertisement
Money bruh corners are expensive af....they said win and they will come but this contradicts that. We still can't get a corner

We have 3 open spots. We had 2 prior to Burns being dropped. And we still need a recruit/transfer qb.

This class was basically done when the season started, hence not really any schollys available (plus no visits obviously)

I mean:

QB
Payton
CB

That would be every available scholarship, can't just add 5-10 guys without decommitments

Advertisement
They are probably waiting to see how we finish j/s
That would be dumb , if I was him , I would feel disrespected and go somewhere else don’t offer a spot in the first place if you wasn’t completely sold on me

I think if we finish up sttong and close the season with only two, three losses at the most and repeat or improve next season and can somehow overcome the bags we can really start stacking chips. ****, we got some in the 2021 class.

This year seems very complicated with having to manage every player having the ability to return and still only having 85 scholies. Love to hear thoughts on that. Throw in the portal and you need to have some salary cap wizards on the staff managing things.

They've already said you can be over 85 next year. Impossible not to be with allowing 25 new and everyone can return.

I think coaches across the country are hoping they will allow more than 25 in this years class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back