The Importance of Gerald Willis in Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though.

A DT with his size, having a breakout season and then showing out with good combine measurables, NOT being drafted within the first three rounds?

Oh, it’s a definite possibility. Whether it actually happens? We have a whole season in front of us to go through.

But don’t say a breakout DT season can’t result in an NFL top 3 round draft pick. That’s just silly.

I'm done. 5th year seniors who haven't produced until their final season who have had off the field problems aren't drafted in the first 3 rounds. It's simple. That's not a knock against the kid. It's just a fact. That draft profile doesn't exist for NFL teams in the top 3 rounds.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Kid, you somehow thought by being a 5th year senior who finally impresses is somehow better in the NFL's eyes rather than a player producing earlier in their career. Just walkaway and say you don't know how it works. That's fine. That might not be your strength.

That’s not what he said at all.

Seriously though.

A DT with his size, having a breakout season and then showing out with good combine measurables, NOT being drafted within the first three rounds?

Oh, it’s a definite possibility. Whether it actually happens? We have a whole season in front of us to go through.

But don’t say a breakout DT season can’t result in an NFL top 3 round draft pick. That’s just silly.

Yep. Guy is an absolute moron.

I'm done. 5th year seniors who haven't produced until their final season who have had off the field problems aren't drafted in the first 3 rounds. It's simple. That's not a knock against the kid. It's just a fact. That draft profile doesn't exist for NFL teams in the top 3 rounds.

Only time will tell. But you’ve closed your mind off to a best case scenario and that’s on you.

What you’re basically saying is that even if Willis is a top 2 or 3 college DT for the 2018 season, even with a college career where injuries and personal issues hindered him before he was a senior, and then has a beastly killer breakout season, there’s no chance he’s a top 3 round pick.

Pretty fūcking riduculous if you ask me.

Only time will tell. But you’ve closed your mind off to a best case scenario and that’s on you.

What you’re basically saying is that even if Willis is a top 2 or 3 college DT for the 2018 season, even with a college career where injuries and personal issues hindered him before he was a senior, and then has a beastly killer breakout season, there’s no chance he’s a top 3 round pick.

Pretty fūcking riduculous if you ask me.

@SleepOnIt is a draft scientist.

Advertisement
@SleepOnIt is a draft scientist.

Nah, just early in career use to work for an NFL team, not on football opps side, but on the comms side. Still have friends who work in NFL on football opps side & we talk about the draft a lot. The draft profile for a 5th year senior with one year of production (hopefully this upcoming year), just doesn't exist to be a possible top 3 round pick. And that's even without factoring in the off the field problems.

And I'm not saying he can't outplay wherever he ends up being drafted, but teams won't be investing a top 3 round pick on him.

Nah, just early in career use to work for an NFL team, not on football opps side, but on the comms side. Still have friends who work in NFL on football opps side & we talk about the draft a lot. The draft profile for a 5th year senior with one year of production (hopefully this upcoming year), just doesn't exist to be a possible top 3 round pick. And that's even without factoring in the off the field problems.

And I'm not saying he can't outplay wherever he ends up being drafted, but teams won't be investing a top 3 round pick on him.

Zzzzz

You answered the phone as an intern for an. NFL team. Congrats.

Ready to put your money down, Dr. Draft?

How about we work out a little bet between you and me. Nothing big just a couple hundred bucks. Are you down for this?

Let’s make this bet: if Willis ends up being first team all ACC next year, I say he goes somewhere before the fourth round. So in other words between rounds one and three. All he has to do is be first team ACC and I’ll make the bet. Let’s make it a deal right now.

You willing to man up and put a couple of C notes on your “expertise”.

You answered the phone as an intern for an. NFL team. Congrats.

Ready to put your money down, Dr. Draft?

How about we work out a little bet between you and me. Nothing big just a couple hundred bucks. Are you down for this?

Let’s make this bet: if Willis ends up being first team all ACC next year, I say he goes somewhere before the fourth round. So in other words between rounds one and three. All he has to do is be first team ACC and I’ll make the bet. Let’s make it a deal right now.

You willing to man up and put a couple of C notes on your “expertise”.

You want to make a bet on the 1st 3 rounds where it would be VOID if he doesn't make 1st team All ACC? Sigh. Honestly this would be ridiculous if it weren't so funny...I'm done. Let's just bump the thread after the season & draft.

Advertisement
You want to make a bet on the 1st 3 rounds where it would be VOID if he doesn't make 1st team All ACC? Sigh. Honestly this would be ridiculous if it weren't so funny...I'm done. Let's just bump the thread after the season & draft.

I guess you must think I’m stupid.

My entire premise was that if he has a bustout year, he would go in the first three rounds. YOU REFUTED THAT. You said it wouldn’t happen even if he had a bust out year. That there was no way he would go in the first 3 rounds, even if he had a bustout senior year, because of his first few years in college. READ YOUR OWN FŪCKING RESPONSES TO ME.

An objective measure of a bustout year would be first team ACC. No one can disagree with that.

So with your post above, you’ve already proven me right. You don’t even have the courage of your convictions.

You could be a man and put up or shut up.

But no, you’re taking your ball and quitting and running home crying like a little girl. “I’m done” you say. Let’s just “bump the thread”.

Sorry you don’t get off the hook. Bet the money or you’re conceding that I’ve wiped the floor with you.

I guess you must think I’m stupid.

My entire premise was that if he has a bustout year, he would go in the first three rounds. YOU REFUTED THAT. You said it wouldn’t happen even if he had a bust out year. That there was no way he would go in the first 3 rounds, even if he had a bustout senior year, because of his first few years in college. READ YOUR OWN FŪCKING RESPONSES TO ME.

An objective measure of a bustout year would be first team ACC. No one can disagree with that.

So with your post above, you’ve already proven me right. You don’t even have the courage of your convictions.

You could be a man and put up or shut up.

But no, you’re taking your ball and quitting and running home crying like a little girl. “I’m done” you say. Let’s just “bump the thread”.

Sorry you don’t get off the hook. Bet the money or you’re conceding that I’ve wiped the floor with you.

Kid, relax. You're in over your head here. The ACC is loaded at DL this year. Willis could have a breakout year and still the entire Clemson DL would be picked ALL ACC by a select group of media members. Being selected "ALL ACC" really doesn't have any effect on draft position. You're smarter than that right?

Sorry, apologize if you're upset that I'm not into the whole I'm a tough guy, I'm a man, let me bet with a stranger on a website thing. Say that out loud and look how silly that sounds.

Kid, relax. You're in over your head here. The ACC is loaded at DL this year. Willis could have a breakout year and still the entire Clemson DL would be picked ALL ACC by a select group of media members. Being selected "ALL ACC" really doesn't have any effect on draft position. You're smarter than that right?

Sorry, apologize if you're upset that I'm not into the whole I'm a tough guy, I'm a man, let me bet with a stranger on a website thing. Say that out loud and look how silly that sounds.

Excuses, excuses.

Ok, got it, you quit. You give up.

I’m no bullshltter, I’m only good at sniffing them out. I’m good for the money. When I call a bet, it’s real.

I’ll quit my account and never post again if I don’t back up what I say.

But you don’t want to bet because you’re scared of being wrong. Yet yesterday you were 200% assuring me that there was NO WAY HE WOULD GO IN THE FIRST THREE ROUNDS IF HE HAD A BREAKOUT YEAR.

Why are you afraid to make an easy $200?

Because you’re a weak-willed blowhard spraying your opinions and pretending to be an expert, but a scared little mouse when you have to stand up for them with cold hard cash.

Bottom line: you don’t know shlt and you’re not even strong enough to have real confidence in your so-called “expertise”

Get that weak shlt out of here

Excuses, excuses.

Ok, got it, you quit. You give up.

I’m no bullshltter, I’m only good at sniffing them out. I’m good for the money. When I call a bet, it’s real.

I’ll quit my account and never post again if I don’t back up what I say.

But you don’t want to bet because you’re scared of being wrong. Yet yesterday you were 200% assuring me that there was NO WAY HE WOULD GO IN THE FIRST THREE ROUNDS IF HE HAD A BREAKOUT YEAR.

Why are you afraid to make an easy $200?

Because you’re a weak-willed blowhard spraying your opinions and pretending to be an expert, but a scared little mouse when you have to stand up for them with cold hard cash.

Bottom line: you don’t know shlt and you’re not even strong enough to have real confidence in your so-called “expertise”

Get that weak shlt out of here

If this makes you feel like a tough guy somehow, well, then so be it. Best of luck to you.

Advertisement
Ay, hows Gerald playin’ these days?
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back