The Hurricanes rank No. 6 in Athlon's Top 25 for 2018.

this was their top 10 last year May in 2017

1. Alabama (Projected SEC and National Title Champion)
2. Ohio State (Projected Big Ten Champion)
3. Florida State (Projected ACC Champion)
4. Washington (Projected Pac-12 Champion)
5. USC
6. Penn State
7. Clemson
8. Oklahoma (Projected Big 12 Champion)
9. Auburn
10. Michigan

Advertisement
With better QB play, I wouldn't be surprised if we go for it more than usual. We will need a play maker at the position that also knows what play to get us into based on what the D is showing, and right now we don't have that. Rosier is a bounce pass waiting to happen.

By all accounts, Rosier getting us in the right play is not the issue. It's your last statement that is the issue with Rosier.

Just to put in perspective how clueless Athlons has been in the past, they had us ranked #9 in their 2001 pre season poll.

I certainly appreciate the fact that Athlons thinks highly enough of us to rank us at #6. What that tells me is that we are starting to get the recognition and respect that comes with having a top tier program. This is a pivotal year for us. We have accumulated enough talent to compete with nearly anyone in the country yet we still have areas of concern (OL & QB) and we are very young at a couple of spots. It is imperative that we win as many as possible this year. We must win the coastal and we must win a major bowl. 11 or 12 wins would be ideal. The reason this is so important this year is that we must continue our stellar recruiting and the only way to land certain elite kids is by proving on the field that we are clearly on our way to being a perennial playoff and national title contender. We need to show that we are a year away from being considered elite.

Advertisement
Back