The Hurricanes rank No. 6 in Athlon's Top 25 for 2018.

Advertisement
LSU isn't even ranked by espn or usa. They average out around 20th among others. It Miami beats them as they should then skies the limit. This is a mini bowl game on a neutral site. Calling it now, Miami convincingly throttles the tiggers using two QB's, Rosier and Williams. Rosier starts, may struggle and Williams enters and makes plays. Just a feelin.

Advertisement
I remember when a bunch of posters told me we wouldn't be top 10, seems like most preseason rankings have us in the 6-8 range as I predicted. Other teams have holes too..

I’d put Miami at 10 which isn’t bad at all. Pre season in the top 10 is a good thing.

Advertisement
"The kicking game is a worry after the graduation of confident kicker Michael Bagley. His replacement is freshman Bubba Baxa, who has a big leg but made just 4-of-10 field goals as a high school senior. "

4 of 10???

What?!?!?!?

"The kicking game is a worry after the graduation of confident kicker Michael Bagley. His replacement is freshman Bubba Baxa, who has a big leg but made just 4-of-10 field goals as a high school senior. "

4 of 10???

What?!?!?!?

Seriously. I just hope unlike throwing accuracy, kicking accuracy can be significantly improved.

4 of 10???

What?!?!?!?
True freshman kicker going to Arlington first thing to face LSU. Has a ****** ring to it.

4 of 10???

What?!?!?!?
Don't know if they were blocked, if the holds were good, or if the misses were from 50+. Just impossible to tell from just the stat 4-10.

Advertisement
Go for it on 4th down every cot **** time
With better QB play, I wouldn't be surprised if we go for it more than usual. We will need a play maker at the position that also knows what play to get us into based on what the D is showing, and right now we don't have that. Rosier is a bounce pass waiting to happen.

Advertisement
Don't know if they were blocked, if the holds were good, or if the misses were from 50+. Just impossible to tell from just the stat 4-10.

All of his misses were from 40 plus I believe. Some 50. There was an article a few days ago about the incoming players. Baxa said about the misses that they only missed by a little bit so he should be ok lol. Seems confident ill give him that. Which is good for a K. He has a big leg though. 70% of his kickoffs went for touchbacks.

Last edited:
All of his misses were from 40 plus I believe. Some 50. There was an article a few days ago about the incoming players. Baxa said about the misses that they only missed by a little bit so he should be ok lol. Seems confident ill give him that. Which is good for a K. He has a big leg though. 70% of his kickoffs went for touchbacks.

Well if he said that he only missed by a little bit we shouldn't be worried at all. I am sure the kid is speaking 100% facts and is not trying to save face.

I would list Miami as a top 5 team start the season 1 spot out of the cfb playoffs. But I’ll take 6

Last edited:
[QUOTE=" 4 of 10??? What?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Sweet Jasuse, I watched a half dozen FG kickers over here on the West Coast of Florida last season, including a Junior from my old high school that had far better FG stats (hit some in the 40s, and his soph year hit two 50+) and consistently put the ball in the end zone on KOs. USF was here watching him in the spring game.

Need someone to start hitting some weekend soccer fields between Miami and Immokalee. Grab a kid and suit him up

Advertisement
Back