The hurdle that is UNC

Advertisement
As I was sitting at the UNC vs Miami baseball games Friday night watching the canes lose another sporting event I watched them play at UNC it got me thinking about our history there. Even more so since we play at UNC this year.

In football Miami is 3-6 all time at UNC. Out of those 3 wins you have the miracle drive in 2013 to save a to that point undefeated season and the game saving fumble in 2017 against a 1 win UNC team and our 8-0 team. (The third win if your curious; we were up by 24 points and it took a sack with 20 seconds left to save the game. Held on to win 30-24 in 2011)

What do you all think it is about that place that makes us play so bad?

I also figured we probably had a terrible overall record against UNC since joining the ACC because of all the pain I feel about that place but surpassingly we are 8-9 against them since joining the conference. Since 2004 each school has won 2 games in a row in the series except one year. (I guess that bodes well for this year since we've lost 2 in a row) But no school in the ACC has consistently put beat downs on us like UNC, when we lose to them it is usually bad.

As it was getting cold Friday night and I watched us give up 4 runs in the 5th inning I came to the decision that UNC has passed VT as my most hated team in the ACC. (besides FSU obviously)
Just coming back to this thread and thought. We are now 3-7 at UNC and have lost 4 in a row in the series.

Since joining the ACC when we lose to UNC it is usually big and every win is usually by the skin of our teeth.

Advertisement
Back