The hits keep coming (Vols, OT)

Someone from UT will reach out to the girl, offer her some type of cash settlement under the table and some season tickets. She will drop all of these charges and this will never be heard of again. It will then be spun to the media as merely a "bad night" in Knoxville in which both parties were at fault. Bank on it. SEC gon SEC.

Uh, these are criminal charges, so I'm not sure what a cash settlement has to do with anything.

Moreover, the alleged victim isn't the person who decides whether criminal charges are brought...

How is this different from Ray Rice's situation?

Advertisement
Someone from UT will reach out to the girl, offer her some type of cash settlement under the table and some season tickets. She will drop all of these charges and this will never be heard of again. It will then be spun to the media as merely a "bad night" in Knoxville in which both parties were at fault. Bank on it. SEC gon SEC.

Uh, these are criminal charges, so I'm not sure what a cash settlement has to do with anything.

Moreover, the alleged victim isn't the person who decides whether criminal charges are brought...

Huh? I have no idea what you are attempting to analogize right now.

If I recall, Ray Rice was indicted by a grand jury and then ended up taking and successfully completing PTI, resulting in his case being dropped.

What does that have to do with paying cash settlements in a criminal case and the victim deciding whether to press or drop charges?

Huh? I have no idea what you are attempting to analogize right now.

If I recall, Ray Rice was indicted by a grand jury and then ended up taking and successfully completing PTI, resulting in his case being dropped.

What does that have to do with paying cash settlements in a criminal case and the victim deciding whether to press or drop charges?

I thought he was let off the hook in large part to his fiancee not wanting to move forward with charges. I could be wrong. But I still don't think anything will come of this incident. SEC schools and their local police forces love to scratch each other's backs.

Advertisement
Back