The Greatest High School Football Game of All Time

Advertisement
Used to coach against John Clifford here in Jax. Good player for Gables, or so he says.
I lived on the same block as the Clifford family. John Clifford was the only gator that did not fall down in the infamous Gator Flop game against the Canes. How many of you know about the Gator Flop. Great football family. Back then we had the GMAC before you got to HS and there were tons of optomist teams as well. Miami was much different then.
How many remember the lightning quick Gerald Tinker that played for Gables ?

I lived on the same block as the Clifford family. John Clifford was the only gator that did not fall down in the infamous Gator Flop game against the Canes. How many of you know about the Gator Flop. Great football family. Back then we had the GMAC before you got to HS and there were tons of optomist teams as well. Miami was much different then.
I remember him playing in the NFL...

Tinker went to Memphis State and transferred to Kent State, where his coach was former Canes QB Don James who later coached
at U of Washington. in 1972, Gerald Tinker won a gold medal at the Munich Olympics in the 4 X 100 relay. He played briefly in the NFL
for the Packers and Falcons.

tinker.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Things look so much bigger when you're a kid...500 looks like 1000, 1000 looks like 10,000, etc etc

Last edited:
Advertisement
In 1966, Al Bundy scored four touchdowns in a single game while playing for the Polk High School Panthers in the 1966 city championship game versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game-winning touchdown in the final seconds against his old nemesis, Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn’t he the only Croc on the field that refused to flop when they did the Gator Flop?
Think about it what scum could have allowed gator players to purposely fall down to humiliate the other team for some stupid record. I will hate the gator forever not only because of that but mainly because of that and John Clifford should have been personally recognized by Miami for standing up to what is the ugliest incident ever in College Football in my opinion.

3 movies about Tx football and people get amnesia. I've never seen a fl football movie

We've had Year Of The Bull & The U Part 1 & 2, all 3 based on the TRUTH...while y'all have had 3 Hollywood productions that were based on fairy tales LOL.

Oh and, ******* TexASS.

Advertisement
Back