The Greatest Freshman in the History of Miami Football

Advertisement
So often kids wilt under all the pressure and hype. They can't live up to their press clippings.

Not Duke. Exceeded expectations for a freshman. The future at RB is greatness.

I can't remember the last time we brought in a highly-touted, all-everything recruit that actually lived up to their billing.

Golden's staff has broken the curse of the blue chip bust in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
I can't remember the last time we brought in a highly-touted, all-everything recruit that actually lived up to their billing.

Golden's staff has broken the curse of the blue chip bust in Coral Gables.

Kenny Phillips was the number 1 safety in the country and top 5 player overrall, and was 1st team all american as a freshman. Frank Gore lived up to his billing as a freshman with 10 yards a carry

So 7 years ago, then?

And like Jerzey said, you can field a two deep of highly ranked busts at UM over the last few years. Thankfully, it looks like Golden can reverse the trend.

Imagine if he was healthy, sand toe, for the entire season? The kid was walking wounded four four of the twelve games he played in this season.

Advertisement
Jimbo Fisher: Who are you?

Duke: I'm Tallahassee's Reckoning

Jimbo: was having a bad season and self-imposing a ban part of your plan?

Al Golden: OF COURSE

Golden(continuing): The COI refused our offer of one bowl ban in favor of two. We had to find out what you told them.

COI Member: Nothing! He told us nothing!

Jimbo: Well, congratulations. You had a crappy season. What's the next step in your genius plan?

Golden: Trashing this conference...WITH NO SURVIVORS!

Duke Johnson is also a great recruiter. He BLEEDS orange and green. Wish he could go on the recruiting trail with Golden but maybe he can make the rounds to all the HS playoff games. He is truly the man..

Advertisement
Is there somewhere I can find his stats for this year... receiving, rushing, returning

139 carries for 947 yards (6.8 ypc) and 10 touchdowns, 27 receptions for 221 yards (8.2 ypr) and 1 touchdown, and 28 kickoff returns for 892 yards (31.8 avg) and 2 touchdowns. He also threw for another TD (should have been 2, but one was reversed).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back