The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Meast21

Redshirt Freshman
Good -
Jarren overall looked **** good for a freshman. Accuracy is money. Obviously has things to work but has legit potential to be a good one. Honestly he is about the only thing that gives me any hope we could be good in next 1-2 years just because QB is most important position
Killa Cam, nuf said
KJ is our only legit, reliable WR
Brevin, DJ solid as usual
Oline wasn't great but seemed decent. run blocking was good, pass blocking still is weak. improvement from week 1 at least

Bad -
DB's looked terrible. Ivey, Hall just LOL. Overhyped. Bandy is a dog but he *** got whooped today, limited size wise and athletically
LB's are sad. Shaq and Pickney literally never got any better from their freshman year. Honestly they wont be missed.
No impact players on D at all frankly
Patchan should not be starting or playing much, JAG
Enos - just not impressed. **** the under center PA, offense still lack creativity. It's basically RPO with a few WR sweeps.
WR's outside KJ - Harley was solid but is undersized and slow, Pope looks like a small weak WR, i dont see the explosion, Hightower dropped a perfect throw, c'mon bro. Wiggins stay on the bench, and last but not least JT. Dude has NFL talent but hasn't become the dominant playmaker he should be.

Ugly -
Baker. Playcall on 4th and 17 was ******* horrendous. D cracked when it mattered
Baxa. Not even mad about the last kick but the short one he missed was ****. Obv he confidence is totally shot like Feagles last year.
Patke - not his fault he is ST coach but he's awful. If Diaz is a "savage" he'll be fired but lets be honest it wont happen
Team Discipline and Execution of the basics - critical dropped passes, penalties, missed assignments, same ol ****
Overall team speed isnt there, we look like a ****** syracuse or rutgers out there

and most importantly...

Diaz. 0-2 buddy. Team is just as unfocused and undisciplined as every other team I've watched since becoming a fan in 2007. So tired of hearing his BS talk game, all meaningless.

Team is beyond frustrating to watch because the potential & talent are there but they cant get it done. **** the New Miami

/rant

Advertisement
We're balanced.

Taking turns on offense and defense to totally drop our pants and bend over. We spread it around - fairly equally. Special Teams - not that special.

UM Football is a nightmare - a middling, piddling, nightmare.

Add to the good. Punting.

Add to the very ugly. Clock management the last drive. Why the **** no time out when Thomas caught an 8 yard pass? Let a good 25 seconds run off the clock
Just unbelievable. The guy has been around this game as a coach nearly his entire adult life and he can't figure out that he needs to call a TO in that situation? This guy is a ***king clown. This team is a circus. At halftime of home games the entire coaching staff should entertain the crowd by all of them squeezing into a VW Bug. Then maybe Manny or Baker can shoot themselves out of a cannon. Realistically, that's the most enjoyment these goofballs will be able to provide us with this year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good -
Jarren overall looked **** good for a freshman. Accuracy is money. Obviously has things to work but has legit potential to be a good one. Honestly he is about the only thing that gives me any hope we could be good in next 1-2 years just because QB is most important position
Killa Cam, nuf said
Oline wasn't great but seemed decent. run blocking was good, pass blocking still is weak. improvement from week 1 at least

Bad -
DB's looked terrible. Ivey, Hall just LOL. Overhyped. Bandy is a dog but he *** got whooped today, limited size wise and athletically
LB's are sad. Shaq and Pickney literally never got any better from their freshman year. Honestly they wont be missed.
Enos - just not impressed. **** the under center PA, offense still lack creativity. It's basically RPO with a few WR sweeps.
WR's outside KJ - Harley was solid but is undersized and slow, Pope looks like a small weak WR, i dont see the explosion, Hightower dropped a perfect throw, c'mon bro. Wiggins stay on the bench, and last but not least JT. Dude has NFL talent but hasn't become the dominant playmaker he should be.

Ugly -
Baker. Playcall on 4th and 17 was ******* horrendous. D cracked when it mattered
Baxa. Not even mad about the last kick but the short one he missed was ****. Obv he confidence is totally shot like Feagles last year.
Patke - not his fault he is ST coach but he's awful. If Diaz is a "savage" he'll be fired but lets be honest it wont happen
Team Discipline and Execution of the basics - critical dropped passes, penalties, missed assignments, same ol ****
Overall team speed isnt there, we look like a ****** syracuse or rutgers out there

and most importantly...

Diaz. 0-2 buddy. Team is just as unfocused and undisciplined as every other team I've watched since becoming a fan in 2007. So tired of hearing his BS talk game, all meaningless.

Team is beyond frustrating to watch because the potential & talent are there but they cant get it done. **** the New Miami

/rant
Hammer meets nail.

I slept over that painful loss and it puts some things in perspective. It seems as I might stand alone as of now with my oppinion, but I think we will be fine IF we can clean up certain things!

I liked the game JW played,he already improved from the Florida game and his accuracy is $. He will only get better and things will slow down even more for him as the season progresses and his statline doesn't scream bust at all. Holding on to the ball sometimes is still an area of concern.

Our running backs are solid, they can be great but right now, those two guys stand out to me - they run hard and they play for that U on their jersey and it shows. DJ is doing everything possible to help this team, Cam'Ron is just punishing people and has a nice burst to it, we will be fine on RB as well.

I was pleased with the WR rotation, and JW distributed the ball well and we tried to get guys more involved than Week 0, still I don't think we're as deep as people think we are on receiver. Some crucial drops - we still can improve here! On another note , please take JT off the field when we return punts, he givesme nightmares everytime he runs around back there trying to locate the ball.

Brevin to me is a future 1st rounder and he showed it again last night, Mallory I'm still not sold, he goes missing half of the game, nice catch for the TD but then clearly dropped what looked like an easier two point conversion on replay than I thought (yes Jarren could've run it)

OL is improved, will still have growing pains as the season goes on but overall they gave our offense a chance to win the game and Jarren throwing for over 300 yards is a step in the right direction.

Overall I don't think the offense was the problem, once we settled a bit I think the offense got better as the game went on and eventho I will earn some disapproval from some posters - I still think Enos can do some nice things with this offense going forward, he just has to get a better feel for this team and open up the playbook.

Defense overall had waay too many errors. Our DB situation is suspect and we're getting burnt left and right and still talking trash - Don't get me wrong I like if our guys talk trash at the right moment but c'mon Ivey! Getting burned and then still talsk **** like you some lockdown corner just is painful to watch.

I believe one of our biggest problem is that our guys don't play smart football. In the sense of knowing when to just shut up and grind and handle their business like grown men. We could've easily had a late hit when I believe it was Finley, threw Howell into the reporter or another example when Amari just tried to take Howell out of the game. We have times where we have no discipline and it shows.

Baker - Ugly call on 4th and 17 just put some guys in that can cover ground, don't dial up a blitz and put our guys in a position where we can make a clean tackle around 10-13 yards and we're winning this game.

Overall I think we can all agree that we had multiple things that cost us the game, but we were still in it. i do believe that if we can carve out the mistakes and settle early in a game, that we are capable of still winning a lot of games this season. We could easily be 2-0 instead of 0-2 and next saturday is a good game to get more game reps, have a good showing and get an opportunity to get the ball rolling.

It's still all about the U!

Last edited:
I slept over that painful loss and it puts some things in perspective. It seems as I might stand alone as of now with my oppinion, but I think we will be fine IF we can clean up certain things!

I liked the game JW played,he already improved from the Florida game and his accuracy is $. He will only get better and things will slow down even more for him as the season progresses and his statline doesn't scream bust at all. Holding on to the ball sometimes is still an area

Our running backs are solid, they can be great but right now, those two guys stand out to me - they run hard and they play for that U on their jersey and it shows. DJ is doing everything possible to help this team, Cam'Ron is just punishing people and has a nice burst to it, we will be fine on RB as well.

I was pleased with the WR rotation, and JW distributed the ball well and we tried to get guys more involved than Week 0, still I don't think we're as deep as people think we are on receiver. Some crucial drops - we still can improve here! On another note , please take JT off the field when we return punts, he givesme nightmares everytime he runs around back there trying to locate the ball.

Brevin to me is a future 1st rounder and he showed it again last night, Mallory I'm still not sold, he goes missing half of the game, nice catch for the TD but then clearly dropped what looked like an easier two point conversion on replay than I thought (yes Jarren could've run it)

OL is improved, will still have growing pains as the season goes on but overall they gave our offense a chance to win the game and Jarren throwing for over 300 yards is a step in the right direction.

Overall I don't think the offense was the problem, once we settled a bit I think the offense got better as the game went on and eventho I will earn some disapproval from some posters - I still think Enos can do some nice things with this offense going forward, he just has to get a better feel for this team and open up the playbook.

Defense overall had waay too many errors. Our DB situation is suspect and we're getting burnt left and right and still talking trash - Don't get me wrong I like if our guys talk trash at the right moment but c'mon Ivey! Getting burned and then still talsk **** like you some lockdown corner just is painful to watch.

I believe one of our biggest problem is that our guys don't play smart football. In the sense of knowing when to just shut up and grind and handle their business like grown men. We could've easily had a late hit when I believe it was Finley, ther Howell into the reporter or another example when Amari just tried to take Howell out the game. We have times where we have no discipline and it shows.

Baker - Ugly call on 4th and 17 just put some guys in that can cover ground, don't dial up a blitz and put our guys in a position where we can make a clean tackle around 10-13 yards and we're winning this game.

Overall I think we can all agree that we had multiple things that cost us the game, but we were still in it. i do believe that if we can carve out the mistakes and settle early in a game, that we are capable of still winning a lot of games this season. We could easily be 2-0 instead of 0-2 and next saturday is a good game to get more game reps, have a good showing then get the ball rolling.

It's still all about the U!

I agree with you on the Enos point. The team overall started slow. But the the offense started humming. I know ppl point out the stuff that doesn’t work but we had several nice playaction passes that we’re money and some that got blown up it happens. I thought he called a great game and better Jarren, DJ, Brevin, Cam and Osborn. They tried to carry this team on their back.

Really disappointed in this defense. It’s like you give up 17 points then look all world. then can’t get the stops needed to seal the deal.

It’s easy to dump on Shaq and Pickney (and I definitely wouldn’t want to see this defense with 2 freshmen linebackers in there to go with our green DBs. ) but man they always have speed EVEN for ACC standards which says a lot. They aren’t cerebral enough to over compensate for it like a Zach Thomas.

From the 3rd into the 4th our RE....ok I’ll give Patchan a mulligan on one run we had a stunt called (please just stop, we’ve never gotta home with one of these and Just lose contain every time) but after that lost contain on that side for the rest of the game UNC went back to it several times.

Slot Fades teams are going to test us all year with that.

Streak coverage in general, along with pass rush (no pressure) allowing guys to get down field. Was terrible and cost of the game.

As someone calling for us to roll this team I’m just baffled at how different the defense played last night Vs the last year and 1st game this year. Obviously you don’t predict us to give up 17 in he 1st quarter and it was flukey. But then as you saw the rest of the game a lot of flukey stuff went their way. But we out scored them 22-7 the rest of the way which what I thought would happen.

Uggg

I agree with you on the Enos point. The team overall started slow. But the the offense started humming. I know ppl point out the stuff that doesn’t work but we had several nice playaction passes that we’re money and some that got blown up it happens. I thought he called a great game and better Jarren, DJ, Brevin, Cam and Osborn. They tried to carry this team on their back.

Really disappointed in this defense. It’s like you give up 17 points then look all world. then can’t get the stops needed to seal the deal.

It’s easy to dump on Shaq and Pickney (and I definitely wouldn’t want to see this defense with 2 freshmen linebackers in there to go with our green DBs. ) but man they always have speed EVEN for ACC standards which says a lot. They aren’t cerebral enough to over compensate for it like a Zach Thomas.

From the 3rd into the 4th our RE....ok I’ll give Patchan a mulligan on one run we had a stunt called (please just stop, we’ve never gotta home with one of these and Just lose contain every time) but after that lost contain on that side for the rest of the game UNC went back to it several times.

Slot Fades teams are going to test us all year with that.

Streak coverage in general, along with pass rush (no pressure) allowing guys to get down field. Was terrible and cost of the game.

As someone calling for us to roll this team I’m just baffled at how different the defense played last night Vs the last year and 1st game this year. Obviously you don’t predict us to give up 17 in he 1st quarter and it was flukey. But then as you saw the rest of the game a lot of flukey stuff went their way. But we out scored them 22-7 the rest of the way which what I thought would happen.

Uggg

I have the feeling that overall communication on D still is an issue. I like Pinckney the most out of our LB's he is by far not perfect but he has that dog in him and you can't teach that. Bubba Bolden can't get cleared soon enough we need every help we can get in that backfield.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good -
Killa Cam, nuf said

Bad -

Ugly -

and most importantly...

/rant

Good lord I could not have said it myself. If you think this pathetic squad threw in the towel last year, wait until you see how this garbage unfolds. Only thing that changed was page being turned. All else is same trash we've been watching since 2004.im pretty much done giving 2 Shats on the neighbors porch. Fock corch, and his new ****.... I meant TNM

Advertisement
Back