The good, the bad, and the horrid.

TheChosenOne

Senior
- The Good -

- Rush defense.
50 yards rushing on 1.8 YPC. If we were going to lose it was certainly not going to be because we let UF run all over us. We refuse to give up anything on the ground.

- No turnovers
We technically protected the football. No Ints or fumble recovery by the defense.

- Turnover Chain
4 Forced turnovers.

- The defensive Backs.
Despite being young they played good despite getting no pass rush IMO.

- DJ Dallas
If he can stop fumbling dude is going to put up 1k rushing.

- The Bad -

- The missed FG
As bad as the offense was if we make that field goal we're in position to at the very least win the game llate.

- Inexperience
Jarren Williams was not bad but he wasn't good either. Now that I think about (as much as I hate to say) Perry probably would of won this game just off the fact he would of actually tested Florida's secondary when given the time. He'd probably would have turnover the ball but we did no challenge them down field at all when we did have time. It felt like I was watching Ryan Tannehill run into sacks after having 6-7 seconds to throw the ball.

Pass rush.
We were stout against the run but man I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having flashbacks of Al Golden pass rushing when they passed the ball. 1 Sack. 5 TFL. 3 QB hurries. People felt like we'd have a huge advantage in this area just like last year against LSU and they did not show up again rushing the passer. Franks was able to get to 2nd and 3rd reads way to often.

- The Horrid -

- Offensive line.
"mOuNt ZiOn" LMAO. This is what happens when y'all hype dudes to the max over reports from the sh*tty coverage this team gets by the media. Guys on here were talking about Zion like they've seen him play or something. And Campbell? Get that guy off the field. I knew he was going to be bad after I saw the Scrimmage and Spring game. He looked like Jahir Jones in those scrimmages. I remember thinking Kia-Leon Herbert looked like the better RT (especially in the run game) so it surprised me when Campbell passed up Herbert. You put Campbell out there for his athleticism and he was still getting beat constantly to the edge and bullied. The biggest thing is: HOW DID I COME OUT OF THAT GAME WISHING WE HAD LAST YEARS OFFENSIVE LINE BACK? They weren't great against LSU but it wasn't an instant pressure every passing down.

- Tackling
I know it was the first game but the tackling was just terrible and it was key defensive players missing these tackles. I don't want to hear another **** word about "Miami has elite LB", We don't. How can you look at a guy like Devin White from last year and think any of our LB are anywhere close to that? That's elite. If we had Devin white he would of had like 12 tackles, **** in this defense, Denzel Perryman would of had 12 tackles. Shaq and Pinckney combined for 7 tackles. You hear that right.. 7 tackles. (Shaq 4, Pinckney 3) Also no TFL or Sacks between the two. "eLiTe LiNebAcKs" my ***.

- The drops
Bevin Jordan had a chance to catch that end zone pass. Jeff Thomas had a chance to redeem himself with an incredible end zone catch but they didn't. There were other drops but those 2 were the biggest.

- Penalties
This sh*t felt like the 2011 Maryland game under Al Golden were we felt like we couldn't function as an offense without getting a flag every other play.

- Time out Management.
I thought Randy Shannon was back at HC with the amount of wasted timeouts.

- The fumbling
Hold on to the **** ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
- The Good -

- Rush defense.
50 yards rushing on 1.8 YPC. If we were going to lose it was certainly not going to be because we let UF run all over us. We refuse to give up anything on the ground.

- No turnovers
We technically protected the football. No Ints or fumble recovery by the defense.

- Turnover Chain
4 Forced turnovers.

- The defensive Backs.

- DJ Dallas

- The Bad -

- The missed FG
As bad as the offense was if we make that field goal we're in position to at the very least win the game llate.

- Inexperience
Jarren Williams was not bad but he wasn't good either. Now that I think about (as much as I hate to say) Perry probably would of won this game just off the fact he would of actually tested Florida's secondary when given the time. He'd probably would have turnover the ball but we did no challenge them down field at all when we did have time. It felt like I was watching Ryan Tannehill run into sacks after having 6-7 seconds to throw the ball.

Pass rush.
We were stout against the run but man I'd be lying if I said I wasn't having flashbacks of Al Golden pass rushing when they passed the ball. 1 Sack. 5 TFL. 3 QB hurries. People felt like we'd have a huge advantage in this area just like last year against LSU and they did not show up again rushing the passer. Franks was able to get to 2nd and 3rd reads way to often.

- The Horrid -

- Offensive line.
"mOuNt ZiOn" LMAO. This is what happens when y'all hype dudes to the max over reports from the sh*tty coverage this team gets by the media. Guys on here were talking about Zion like they've seen him play or something. And Campbell? Get that guy off the field. I knew he was going to be bad after I saw the Scrimmage and Spring game. He looked like Jahir Jones in those scrimmages. I remember thinking Kia-Leon Herbert looked like the better RT (especially in the run game) so it surprised me when Campbell passed up Herbert. You put Campbell out there for his athleticism and he was still getting beat constantly to the edge and bullied. The biggest thing is: HOW DID I COME OUT OF THAT GAME WISHING WE HAD LAST YEARS OFFENSIVE LINE BACK? They weren't great against LSU but it wasn't an instant pressure every passing down.

- Tackling
I know it was the first game but the tackling was just terrible and it was key defensive players missing these tackles. I don't want to hear another **** word about "Miami has elite LB", We don't. How can you look at a guy like Devin White from last year and think any of our LB are anywhere close to that? That's elite. If we had Devin white he would of had like 12 tackles, **** in this defense, Denzel Perryman would of had 12 tackles. Shaq and Pinckney combined for 7 tackles. You hear that right.. 7 tackles. (Shaq 4, Pinckney 3) Also no TFL or Sacks between the two. "eLiTe LiNebAcKs" my ***.

- The drops
Bevin Jordan had a chance to catch that end zone pass. Jeff Thomas had a chance to redeem himself with an incredible end zone catch but they didn't. There were other drops but those 2 were the biggest.

- Penalties
This sh*t felt like the 2011 Maryland game under Al Golden were we felt like we couldn't function as an offense without getting a flag every other play.

- Time out Management.

100% agreed. Very al golden/randy shannon-esque

- The Good -

- Rush defense.

- No turnovers

- Turnover Chain
4 Forced turnovers.

- The defensive Backs.

- DJ Dallas

- The Bad -

- The missed FG

- Inexperience

Pass rush.

- The Horrid -

- Offensive line.

- Tackling

- The drops

- Penalties

- Time out Management.
You’re mostly on point. But get that Perry bs out of here. J’Dub played fairly well. He was very accurate for someone that only had 3 seconds to release the ball. And this is coming from a N’Kosi fan.

Advertisement
You’re mostly on point. But get that Perry bs out of here. J’Dub played fairly well. He was very accurate for someone that only had 3 seconds to release the ball. And this is coming from a N’Kosi fan.
Nkosi would have been sacked 15x and had about 3 fumbles, He had 0 pocket awareness.

Agree with everything. It was embarrassing watching our heralded lb's get stoned by their rb's in pass pro.

Perry would have been strip sacked at least 4 times and definitely threw at least one pick.

Advertisement
Minus Perry good good takes. Especially the LBs. Somehow stoned by RBs and also too slow to play sideline to sideline

Advertisement
Back