The Good Son?

Consigliere

All-American
This post is not about Ray Boom Boom Mancini, but another unnamed player. Should a player be rewarded BY THE MEDIA for past decisions when more recent ones can possibly challenge those past decisions.

In 2007, Player X a 14 year old HS student wanted to quit playing HS sports because his mother was seriously sick. Player X believed he should stay home and help his mother because she was very sick. In 2008, his mother beat the illness and through the guidance of his mother, Player X continued to play HS sports and had great success and became a big time recruit.

Player X was a 2011 recruit who had options to stay home and play local (at a better school) and most important be close to his mom. This is a player who wanted to quit sports all together and stay home with his sick mother. Instead Player X choose to go to school 15-16 hours away by car where he would be far away from his mom.

Should people reward this tale? On one had we have a young 14 year old who wants to quit and be close to his mom in her time of need. On another hand we have a kid who left the nest when he could have stayed home.

One note this illness has a recurrence rates of 11% at 5 years and 20% at 10 years.

Edited to make this post more clear.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think this is strictly a personal decision that I am sure he made based on 1) his mother's health 2) pursuit of his own development in life and 3) his best opportunity to succeed at the next level. Regardless, I don't really think it's a "reward" situation, I think it's just life. Good luck to the kid whoever he is and hope his mom remains in good health.

Yeah I hate to say it guys but Teddy made the right decision, his career would have not been the same here, there was just to much B.S. going on

Advertisement
Louisville was clearly a better situation than UM at the time he committed. We were at our nadir, and are just coming out of it now.

Implying that he abandoned his sick mother is not only bull****, but a very weak attempt to impugne somebody who has had an unbelievably successful college career, and has positioned himself to be in the Hesiman race, and a first round draft pick. No one on a message board should be second guessing a decision he made, presumably with his "sick mother's" guidance.

Yeah I hate to say it guys but Teddy made the right decision, his career would have not been the same here, there was just to much B.S. going on

That is not what this is about. This is about should the media reward this guy as some type of hero.

your post says nothing about the media being at fault; it's spinning the facts to make him appear as if he abandoned his mother. it's a weak, low blow.

and the media are always looking for human interest stories. TB's situation is just one more example. ****, i applaud any kid who makes it out of poverty, especially with the even worse circumstance of having a mother who battled cancer.

That is not what this is about. This is about should the media reward this guy as some type of hero.

your post says nothing about the media being at fault; it's spinning the facts to make him appear as if he abandoned his mother. it's a weak, low blow.

and the media are always looking for human interest stories. TB's situation is just one more example. ****, i applaud any kid who makes it out of poverty, especially with the even worse circumstance of having a mother who battled cancer.

What facts did I spin? Please let me know.

Louisville was clearly a better situation than UM at the time he committed. We were at our nadir, and are just coming out of it now.

Implying that he abandoned his sick mother is not only bull****, but a very weak attempt to impugne somebody who has had an unbelievably successful college career, and has positioned himself to be in the Hesiman race, and a first round draft pick. No one on a message board should be second guessing a decision he made, presumably with his "sick mother's" guidance.

Explain how they were clearly better?

Also, I am saying perhaps the media shouldn't suck his cack and fed this BS when if he really wanted to be close to home...he would have stayed close to home. Also, stop saying abandon...I said leave the nest.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bridgewater was tight with Shannon. Once he was canned we had no chance.

In hindsight, he made the right choice. He's gonna be a Top 5 pick and Louisville has already been to a BCS game with a good shot at another.

In hindsight, he made the right choice. He's gonna be a Top 5 pick and Louisville has already been to a BCS game with a good shot at another.

That is not what this post is about.

I'm not suggesting you misstated facts, but you shaded the post as an attack on the player. Examples:

Title of the post: "The Good Son?" If this were an attack on the media, why no mention of the media?

Then you began the post by saying it was not about Ray Mancini; rather it was about a certain player (i.e. Teddy Bridgewater).

Then you repeatedly referenced said player and his sick mother.

There was no mention of the media anywhere in the post. And if you intended "Should people reward this tale?" to refer to the media, why not specifically say the media rather than unnamed people, which could just as easily be fans raving about TB?

Then what is it about? His mom being sick?

If I read it correctly, she was healthy by the time he was a senior. So what's wrong with him going far away?

Not sure I get it.

Advertisement

I'm not suggesting you misstated facts, but you shaded the post as an attack on the player. Examples:

Title of the post: "The Good Son?" If this were an attack on the media, why no mention of the media?

Then you began the post by saying it was not about Ray Mancini; rather it was about a certain player (i.e. Teddy Bridgewater).

There was no mention of the media anywhere in the post. And if you intended "Should people reward this tale?" to refer to the media, why not specifically say the media rather than unnamed people, which could just as easily be fans raving about TB?

You did suggest I misstated facts, I did no such thing. I also didn't spin any facts, I think everything I said was exactly from the BJ piece this morning. Please let me know.

I edited my post to include the media, I thought that was clear when I said "should we reward this tale?" Apparently it was not clear, the player was not gloating that he did these acts the media was.

I left out names because to remove personal biases, I was curious what people thought. I thought this piece was BS, left out a ton of "real information" and the piece is contradictory in of itself. So now people know it is Bridgewater.

Imagine bridgewater throwing to hurns, coley, Dorsett, Scott, Walford, sandland, and waters. He would currently be in a much better position at UM. He made a poor decision to abandon south Florida for racist and short sighted reasons.

Explain how they were clearly better?

Also, I am saying perhaps the media shouldn't suck his cack and fed this BS when if he really wanted to be close to home...he would have stayed close to home. Also, stop saying abandon...I said leave the nest.

Our program was an absolute disaster. We lost to USF and were blown out by UVA in the last game in the revered Orange Bowl. Randy rightfully got fired, and we had no recruits. We were a mess. Just about anywhere would have been better by comparison. Charlie Strong is an outstanding coach and recruiter; they were on the rise. It was perfectly logical for TB to go there, and his career has certainly vindicated that decision.

Advertisement

Then what is it about? His mom being sick?

If I read it correctly, she was healthy by the time he was a senior. So what's wrong with him going far away?

Not sure I get it.

Then ask a question. I am asking if the media should run this story about a kid who wanted to quit football and be close to his mother. Then later, after she was cured, left town to go 16 hours away to school. Should we believe that this is such a "great story" worthy of attention?

Yes, I think so.

Again, if his mom was healthy, he had no obligation to stay behind and not pursue his dreams.

Would I have done the same? Possibly not.

But there's nothing wrong in what he did.

Consigliere with more BS again, looking for an axe to grind. Let the media, such garbage as it is, run whatever they want. If you buy it then you buy it. This whole post just smacks of sour grapes. Try not to let the decisions of a bunch of teenage athletes ruin your day.

You did suggest I misstated facts, I did no such thing. I also didn't spin any facts, I think everything I said was exactly from the BJ piece this morning. Please let me know.

I edited my post to include the media, I thought that was clear when I said "should we reward this tale?" Apparently it was not clear, the player was not gloating that he did these acts the media was.

I left out names because to remove personal biases, I was curious what people thought. I thought this piece was BS, left out a ton of "real information" and the piece is contradictory in of itself. So now people know it is Bridgewater.

Where is it written in stone that bridgewater HAD to stay close to his mom?

Maybe his mom told him to go to Ville...

You have zero clue what conversations went on between Teddy and his mom 3 years ago

Youre presenting this as the full story, when it is not.

Teddy made the best decision for him, a decision his mom was a big part of. She had ZERO issues signing that LOI did she?

This post is SMH stupid. Trying to spew some BS abt a kid off a half *** article that you read. SMH

Advertisement
Back