The Good Old Days

Advertisement
Wasn't there (live in Iowa), but I can't help but be stuck in the twilight zone regarding: 1.) How the **** did we blow that National Championship game and 2.)How have we arrived at the point of worrying about beating Duke, Pitt and the other mediocre teams on the ACC? I truly miss those years. Maybe we are building up to that with Richt.

First week in December, Win and you're in. God I miss being good at football. Who else was there that day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vFB9ppPsg8

Virginia Tech vs. Miami - Game Recap - December 7, 2002 - ESPN

-Yes, I miss this:

-Why in the heck did Willis McGahee not win the Heisman this year? If he played for OSU, guaranteed he would've won the Heisman

-This is what Miami speed is about. Btw, we better lock up Harley. We've always had a 5'9-10 speedster that caused havoc.

-Miss having play making safeties who has superior speed

-Need Kaaya to look at this and learn when to touch throw and when to gun it and learn how to use the pump on one receiver to get his other receiver either in a one on one battle or wide open.

Wasn't there (live in Iowa), but I can't help but be stuck in the twilight zone regarding: 1.) How the **** did we blow that National Championship game and 2.)How have we arrived at the point of worrying about beating Duke, Pitt and the other mediocre teams on the ACC? I truly miss those years. Maybe we are building up to that with Richt.

1) McGahee getting injured, Sean T trying to do too much on that int he had, and ofcourse Porter

2) See hiring Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, and Alfred Golden

Trust me, I am aware of the reasons (although the Fiesta Bowl should have never came to any that; that was a garbage team we let hang around. OSU completed 7 passes!! Is that real life?) - it is just very hard to come to grips with. From that team to 2016's team, That is almost criminal.

Advertisement
I was there, and at the Fiesta Bowl. Still missing the OB, and the Fiesta Bowl still hurts.

Having Dorsey on the same team is why McGahee didn't win it, IMO. I think it split the votes.

First week in December, Win and you're in. God I miss being good at football. Who else was there that day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vFB9ppPsg8

Virginia Tech vs. Miami - Game Recap - December 7, 2002 - ESPN

-Yes, I miss this:

-Why in the heck did Willis McGahee not win the Heisman this year? If he played for OSU, guaranteed he would've won the Heisman

-This is what Miami speed is about. Btw, we better lock up Harley. We've always had a 5'9-10 speedster that caused havoc.

-Miss having play making safeties who has superior speed

-Need Kaaya to look at this and learn when to touch throw and when to gun it and learn how to use the pump on one receiver to get his other receiver either in a one on one battle or wide open.

Advertisement
Great memories, rainy day. 6tds for Willis, should of been 7

I'm always trying to convince myself how nice Hard Rock is after the renovations. Then I watch videos of games at the OB and get mad. That place was so special.

Trust me, I am aware of the reasons (although the Fiesta Bowl should have never came to any that; that was a garbage team we let hang around. OSU completed 7 passes!! Is that real life?) - it is just very hard to come to grips with. From that team to 2016's team, That is almost criminal.

Garbage on offense, but they had an NFL defense.. probably one of the finer defenses college football has seen considering how TERRIBLE their offense was

lot of people don't wanna hear it but randy shannon is the main reason we lost this game.. that gawd forsake offense scored 31 points on a team with sean taylor wilfork vilma yadda yadda yadda

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back