The good news for our WR's is that...

Pope is the most overrated receiver we’ve had since Lance Leggett. All of the posters who follow South Florida recruiting kept telling me that we signed one of the best receivers in the country that year, but dude has been nothing but a disappointment his entire time here.

Advertisement
with their inability to catch anything, they are not in danger of ever getting Covid. Alright, sorry... but I couldn't resist. But by my estimation those drops lead to at least 10-17 points coming off the board. I don't think I can recall a Miami game where the WR crew absolutely cost us the game. It's a bad group, no other way to say it.

Moving forward, the likes of Pope and Wiggins should be relegated to depth. Spring ball should be all about Keyshawn, Redding, Peyton and Romello coming in and trying to snatch their chains. Bottom line.

I don't know what else to say, defensively if Manny doesn't make changes, to me, it's another strike against him. While Lashlee made it work with his backup QB, the other side of the ball looked completely under prepared as usual. Now, the question is the status of King.

Anyways, glad we had a season(no matter how it ended up).
It’s a problem with the whole staff. We have players who feel entitled and because they are being feed BS. They have no fear of being pulled. Let’s look at Likens for a sec. Early in camp, he said Pope was as good of a WR as he has seen. Either he lied and was blowing smoke up our *** or his coaching methods fail to bring out the best in Pope. Either way there is a problem.

Advertisement
This was the ultimate “Miami” game. Clearly more talented than the opponent, but inconsistent play, just sloppy plays, unneeded penalties, and refs being biased against us.

Sums up our team over the last 15 years

At least the slurpers cant claim we made progress bc we won every game we were supposed to

It’s a problem with the whole staff. We have players who feel entitled and because they are being feed BS. They have no fear of being pulled. Let’s look at Likens for a sec. Early in CAMP, he said Pope was as good of a WR as he has seen. Either he lied and was blowing smoke up our *** or his coaching methods fail to bring out the best in Pope. Either way there is a problem.

That is the problem. Miami loves t shirt and shorts superstars. Wiggins and Pope probably shine with free release and no contact in practice.

Advertisement
Pope is the most overrated receiver we’ve had since Lance Leggett. All of the posters who follow South Florida recruiting kept telling me that we signed one of the best receivers in the country that year, but dude has been nothing but a disappointment his entire time here.
#1 Don’t diss Leggett.
#2 Early this year, Likens said Pope was one of the best WR’s he had ever worked with. So there is that.

The only way you let Pope and Wiggins stay is if you give them the pop warner treatment and give them jersey numbers in the 60's. They are holding up valuable numbers at this point.

Keyshawn Smith's incomplete catch in the end zone might have been the best catch I've seen a receiver in miami make this entire season. Thats saying something

If Cooney legitimately somehow has any say in why pope and Wiggins see so much time, then kick his ******* *** to the curb too. I don't care how much clout he has in South Florida

Advertisement
Wiggins drop = 3 points before halftime. 7 if he doesn't trip over the lifeless corpse of a bad Big-12 CB.

Wiggins drop = 4 points on the slip screen that he would've walked into the end zone on.

Pope drop = 7 points down the seam.

Pope drop = 3 points easy, but most likely the TD.

Brevin with a huge drop as well.

Keyshawn Smith has to get a foot down on that TD pass down the sideline as well, but that was a tougher catch.

Two dropped interceptions, they scored TD's on both drives.

Just make one of the plays and you probably win. So frustrating.
Yup. Should have put up 50.

Wiggins and Pope are the worst set of WRs I have seen in college football this year and recent memory. This performance is really pathetic and embarrassing . I don’t recall seeing this many drops, even at local high school games. They have way too many reps, and its time to turn the page and give some of our young players more reps
They had their opportunity to become ballers at the University of Miami, and they did nothing with it. Time to move on. Coach should tell them u can stay and get your degree, but do not expect to see the field. It's over with.

Advertisement
Back