The good news for our WR's is that...

k9cane

Senior
with their inability to catch anything, they are not in danger of ever getting Covid. Alright, sorry... but I couldn't resist. But by my estimation those drops lead to at least 10-17 points coming off the board. I don't think I can recall a Miami game where the WR crew absolutely cost us the game. It's a bad group, no other way to say it.

Moving forward, the likes of Pope and Wiggins should be relegated to depth. Spring ball should be all about Keyshawn, Redding, Peyton and Romello coming in and trying to snatch their chains. Bottom line.

I don't know what else to say, defensively if Manny doesn't make changes, to me, it's another strike against him. While Lashlee made it work with his backup QB, the other side of the ball looked completely under prepared as usual. Now, the question is the status of King.

Anyways, glad we had a season(no matter how it ended up).

Advertisement
It’s the worst group of Miami receivers in at least 15 years. I said it all summer, and got roasted on here for it. The ball Kosi threw to Pope should be put in the Louvre, and the kid ******* dropped it like he drops everything else. I’m more tilted tonight than I was against UNC, honestly. It’s one thing to lose. It’s another to just shoot your **** off time and time again while the refs occasionally take a hacksaw to it as well.

It’s the worst group of Miami receivers in at least 15 years. I said it all summer, and got roasted on here for it. The ball Kosi threw to Pope should be put in the Louvre, and the kid ******* dropped it like he drops everything else. I’m more tilted tonight than I was against UNC, honestly. It’s one thing to lose. It’s another to just shoot your **** off time and time again while the refs occasionally take a hacksaw to it as well.

I hear ya, Kosi and Lashlee tried to get a dollar out of a dime and nickel, and all UM needed were relatively routine plays to be made, not them to be Michael Irvin or Santana Moss.

The only good news for our receivers is that they can't drop anymore passes in 2020. I lied they also won't have to worry about trying to separate from anything God knows they couldn't. I fully expect at least one of young Wrs to hit portal it has become customary this time of year and they won't play next year.

Don’t forget the matching masterpiece that Wiggins dropped . Between those two the least wr would have gotten was 6 points..

Advertisement
I just can't get over them putting Keyshawn in for a play and him roasting the db and almost making a ridiculous td.....then they pulled him and put 6 and 8 back in. It's just pure insanity to me, I simply don't understand what the coaches are thinking.

Wiggins drop = 3 points before halftime. 7 if he doesn't trip over the lifeless corpse of a bad Big-12 CB.

Wiggins drop = 4 points on the slip screen that he would've walked into the end zone on.

Pope drop = 7 points down the seam.

Pope drop = 3 points easy, but most likely the TD.

Brevin with a huge drop as well.

Keyshawn Smith has to get a foot down on that TD pass down the sideline as well, but that was a tougher catch.

Two dropped interceptions, they scored TD's on both drives.

Just make one of the plays and you probably win. So frustrating.

Advertisement
This group of WRs made me long for the days of Magic Benton and Omar Rolle. It's truly mindblowing that at a program with as rich of a history at WR, in an area (South Florida) with elite WR talent pretty much every year, that we are in a situation with starting WRs that are this bad. Harley is by no means perfect, he had at least one drop and fumbled the punt, but he's at least balanced that out with multiple big, explosive, clutch plays. Pope and Wiggins have dropped a crazy number of passes this season, failed to fight for many others, and yet, I don't ever remember a game where a couple guys dropped such important, game changing passes multiple times.

The only good news for our receivers is that they can't drop anymore passes in 2020. I lied they also won't have to worry about trying to separate from anything God knows they couldn't. I fully expect at least one of young Wrs to hit portal it has become customary this time of year and they won't play next year.
I'm really worried about this as well.

I just can't get over them putting Keyshawn in for a play and him roasting the db and almost making a ridiculous td.....then they pulled him and put 6 and 8 back in. It's just pure insanity to me, I simply don't understand what the coaches are thinking.

I hear ya, man. I don’t get it either. I’m not at practice, so I don’t see what the staff sees. I trust Lashlee and Likens to know what a good receiver looks like. So, to me, either the younger kids aren’t ready, or the older kids just don’t play like this in practice. But enough is enough. These kids can’t catch a cold.

JPayton....i think everyone else stays. Watch Payton end up at UF smh...we need to make sure he comes back and not let him transfer out

Advertisement
Wiggins drop = 3 points before halftime. 7 if he doesn't trip over the lifeless corpse of a bad Big-12 CB.

Wiggins drop = 4 points on the slip screen that he would've walked into the end zone on.

Keyshawn Smith has to get a foot down on that TD pass down the sideline as well, but that was a tougher catch.

If our WR unit was a basketball player, it would be Kwame Brown

If it were a boxer it would Robert Duran

If it were a movie character, it would be Edward Scissorhands

Advertisement
Call in the receipts on this one now OBM...

CD4AE8D0-7EE5-4BF6-B30D-F3386A17D731.gif

These same clowns had GR15 on the bench, try to carry timeouts to the second half, make YMCA excuses after every loss, play favorites even if it means losing, etc. No way in **** this happens under Saban, Dabo, etc.

Wiggins and Pope are the worst set of WRs I have seen in college football this year and recent memory. This performance is really pathetic and embarrassing . I don’t recall seeing this many drops, even at local high school games. They have way too many reps, and its time to turn the page and give some of our young players more reps

Advertisement
Back