The Golden Age of Hip-Hop

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Was having a debate after the Rza battle that Meth might be one of the most underrated MC's. The only solo artist to ever appear on a Biggie and Pac album as a feature guest while they were still alive. Don't get me wrong, I know he gets his props, but I don't think he's in enough discussions when we talk greatness.
Agree. Meth was a GOAT of the era. His lyrical ability was top notch, but it was that molasses voice and delivery that set him apart. There was only one Method Man, that's for sure!

Advertisement
Phenomenal song! One of those albums I could hit play on and never skip a single track. Those dudes were revolutionary.

Listening to them in the 90’s, the LAST thing you would ever expect is that The Roots would replace KEVIN EUBANKS as The Tonight Show band.

Talk about big shoes to fill.

Most aren’t familiar with Eubanks, but he is a BEAST. If you like Blues/Jazz/Classical guitar, look Eubanks up. Dude is a MONSTER on 6 strings.

I interned for Ted Lucas at SNS for about a year. Good times. Scotty is a legend no doubt, but theyre different producers. Like Storch was playing cry me a river and beyonce classic cuts. Mannie ain't got nothing for that bc that's not his lane. And 3 of those Storch tracks were co productions w Dre and Timbaland. Heres Swizzs scorecard (and that's w Mannie leaving heat).
View attachment 116042
Closer than one would think. They shouldve paired Mannie w Mike Will or Zaytoven and maybe put The Piano Man against JD or somebody w that kind if range.
The ones they put on there for Scotty are the r & b stuff mainly. But he has plenty more fire than he listed. When ur tied at the waist to a group or click there's meaning in that. Thats why the majority of Manny's is cash money & for Scotty it was the roots. I think people forget he was in the roots for a minute before he went his own way.

Advertisement
Back