The Golden Age of Hip-Hop

Advertisement
Are y'all watching some of these Versusz IG battles?

I thought Rza washed Preemo myself, and he didn't even play some of his heavy hitters. The one that got me hot was the Mannie Fresh Scott Storch battle. Dudes saying Storch dominated that one, but maybe it's my Southern bias showing, but if we talking straight up hip hop tracks, Mannie Fresh one of the best (and most underrated) to ever do it.
Maybe this is me being involved in this industry for a minute now. But I think you might not be aware of how deep scotty catalogue runs like... Not many ever to do it like scotty. I wouldn't be able to put Manny in that conversation.

He did his thing. But I'm always gonna go buju,bounty,capelton,scare Dem crew and sizzla(obviously Bob is tops of the charts but I'm talking bout reggae to get me hype) honorable mention Mr Vegas, mad cobra,mad lion,Bernie, elephant man

Buju Banton? I remember him in the early 90’s.

Maybe this is me being involved in this industry for a minute now. But I think you might not be aware of how deep scotty catalogue runs like... Not many ever to do it like scotty. I wouldn't be able to put Manny in that conversation.
I interned for Ted Lucas at SNS for about a year. Good times. Scotty is a legend no doubt, but theyre different producers. Like Storch was playing cry me a river and beyonce classic cuts. Mannie ain't got nothing for that bc that's not his lane. And 3 of those Storch tracks were co productions w Dre and Timbaland. Heres Swizzs scorecard (and that's w Mannie leaving heat).
Screenshot_20200503-091316_Chrome.jpg

Closer than one would think. They shouldve paired Mannie w Mike Will or Zaytoven and maybe put The Piano Man against JD or somebody w that kind if range.

Advertisement
Snoops most deadly verse ever.

Incidentally, Dre HATES this song. Snoop said Dre never cared for the track.

I don't know about all that, but the track was supposed to be on The Chronic.

Except...for all the controversy with "Cop Killer".

Second time I saw Ice T was March 13, 1992. The Body Count album was just released on March 10, 1992. Right before Body Count played Cop Killer, Ice T predicted the song would soon be banned, and he was right.

Then, Deep Cover came out in April 1992. The Chronic was recorded in summer 1992 and released in December 1992, without the Deep Cover track.

Speaking of Ice T, this happened in 1993...

Advertisement
I don't know about all that, but the track was supposed to be on The Chronic.

Except...for all the controversy with "Cop Killer".

Second time I saw Ice T was March 13, 1992. The Body Count album was just released on March 10, 1992. Right before Body Count played Cop Killer, Ice T predicted the song would soon be banned, and he was right.

Then, Deep Cover came out in April 1992. The Chronic was recorded in summer 1992 and released in December 1992, without the Deep Cover track.

Speaking of Ice T, this happened in 1993...

Dre is a perfectionist. Probably something none of us would even notice that makes him not like it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back