The Golden Age of Hip-Hop

Advertisement
Never gets old. Even Mariah Carey sampled this ****. Hard to believe they were still jits when they dropped something this hard.

This one is murder music.

Who tf samples Scarface? Havoc is a genius.

But this bih right here is my personal favorite from their catalog.

Man, how in world are u going to forget to link this classic from Mobb Deep?! Who in the world takes a beat from Thomas Dolby’s “She Blinded Me With Science” and create this banger!!!

Wu are the only guys that are in the discussion in my mind. Bringing all those heavy weights into one group will NEVER be done again. They were a cultural movement. Protect ya neck is still .... just wow.

There are many great groups who have an album or two that you could put up against anybody, but what separates OutKast in my mind in their longevity, originality, and ability to make actual hits to go with masterpiece albums.

How many times you heard a single, bout the album, and wished you just bought the single?

With the true greats like OutKast and many of the artists you see in this thread, the best songs are usually not the singles.
Tribe Called Quest had crazy amounts of Top notch MCs...

Advertisement
Wu are the only guys that are in the discussion in my mind. Bringing all those heavy weights into one group will NEVER be done again. They were a cultural movement. Protect ya neck is still .... just wow.

There are many great groups who have an album or two that you could put up against anybody, but what separates OutKast in my mind in their longevity, originality, and ability to make actual hits to go with masterpiece albums.

How many times you heard a single, bout the album, and wished you just bought the single?

With the true greats like OutKast and many of the artists you see in this thread, the best songs are usually not the singles.
Was having a debate after the Rza battle that Meth might be one of the most underrated MC's. The only solo artist to ever appear on a Biggie and Pac album as a feature guest while they were still alive. Don't get me wrong, I know he gets his props, but I don't think he's in enough discussions when we talk greatness.

Advertisement
Love Techa Nina man. Remember when he came up to Venice Beach and got a crowd around him and just killed a free style off thumbing on his chest and his snapping his fingers, str8 prison cypher style. Ppl been slept on Tech9. It wasn’t til his interlude on Carter IV where ppl was like ‘who’s this dude?’
Never sold out either; always kept it independent. He & 40 r two dudes that don’t the just due they deserve.

Agreed. Early stuff. So good.

Advertisement
Are y'all watching some of these Versusz IG battles?

I thought Rza washed Preemo myself, and he didn't even play some of his heavy hitters. The one that got me hot was the Mannie Fresh Scott Storch battle. Dudes saying Storch dominated that one, but maybe it's my Southern bias showing, but if we talking straight up hip hop tracks, Mannie Fresh one of the best (and most underrated) to ever do it.
I’m obviously a mannie fresh fan but he got washed in that battle. He wasn’t playing all of his hits but was playing songs HE liked. Scott storch brought out some heat. Somebody in the comments on ig live said it look like 2 dykes battling and I was Laughing my *** off the rest of the battle 😂😂😂

I’m obviously a mannie fresh fan but he got washed in that battle. He wasn’t playing all of his hits but was playing songs HE liked. Scott storch brought out some heat. Somebody in the comments on ig live said it look like 2 dykes battling and I was Laughing my *** off the rest of the battle 😂😂😂
Scotty obviously has the pop hits, but Mannie got the streets. It was a bad pairing to begin with tbh. You right tho, Mannie did leave some hits on the table (set it off, I got that fire, cash money is an army, number one stunna, big ballin).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back