The Golden Age of Hip-Hop

I won’t argue someone saying Outkast...fully respect the stance. Not like you’re saying Migos.

Mobb Deep is up there for me too.
Never gets old. Even Mariah Carey sampled this ****. Hard to believe they were still jits when they dropped something this hard.

This one is murder music.

Who tf samples Scarface? Havoc is a genius.

But this bih right here is my personal favorite from their catalog.

Advertisement
I have no clue what you’re referencing but I am intrigued. Where can I find this?

and to me, Preem is the GOAT...
It's a series of IG Live battles organized by Swizz Beatz and Timbaland. So far they've had --

Swizz vs Timbaland (which really ain't a competition)
Scott Storch vs Mannie Fresh
T-Pain vs Lil Jon
Rza vs Preemo (Here's a link to that one

They've had some RnB ones. The Teddy Riley vs Babyface one got so many viewers they actually shut IG down. They're having Bone vs 3 6 Mafia tomorrow.

If we talking groups Bone Thugs has to be in the discussion for best all-time.

No other group combined fast paced double time rhyme schemes with smooth melodic flows & deep lyricism as well as they did.

Most people couldn't understand them, but for those that could you know Bone's lyrical ability was second to none.

Advertisement
I hear you...and maybe this is my NY bias talking, but I gotta go Wu Tang. But I respect your words.

Wu are the only guys that are in the discussion in my mind. Bringing all those heavy weights into one group will NEVER be done again. They were a cultural movement. Protect ya neck is still .... just wow.

There are many great groups who have an album or two that you could put up against anybody, but what separates OutKast in my mind in their longevity, originality, and ability to make actual hits to go with masterpiece albums.

How many times you heard a single, bout the album, and wished you just bought the single?

With the true greats like OutKast and many of the artists you see in this thread, the best songs are usually not the singles.

Advertisement

If we talking groups Bone Thugs has to be in the discussion for best all-time.

No other group combined fast paced double time rhyme schemes with smooth melodic flows & deep lyricism as well as they did.

Most people couldn't understand them, but for those that could you know Bone's lyrical ability was second to none.

Prime Bone is some of the best MUSIC regardless of genre ever made.

Creepin on ah COME UP was FIRE. For the Love of Money? Maaaaannnnnn......

But what they did on E 1999 Eternal was other worldly. When the intro finished and track 2 “Eternal” exploded on your speakers, you were going on a musical journey that I have yet to reexperience to this.

When you add Everyday Thangz, Notorious Thugs, and Shoot em up into the mix, you got a body of truly worthy of the hip hop hall of fame.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is this the best double album of all time?

You would be hard pressed to convince me other wise.
It definitely is the best in my opinion because it didn't just go hard the full album. You had songs like "Checkout Time" and "All About U" which are so **** smooth and have that party vibe but then you have others like "No More Pain" and "Ambitionz as a Ridah" that are just ruthless. "Life Goes On" is a very sad song, I used to skip it just because of how poignant and powerful it was. A few others that are **** good are "Life After Death" by Biggie, Death Row Greatest Hits (which is a compilation of various artists so it's not even fair to compare just like 2Pac's Greatest Hits double album), and "The Art of War" by Bone Thugs.

Advertisement
Back