The Golden Age of Hip-Hop

Advertisement
Not much left to say...
220px-IllmaticNas.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Arguably the greatest hip hop group of all time.

People with regional biases don’t want to hear that, but what they did from 93-04 is unrivaled by ANY group.

Multiple number 1’s on the pop chart and albums you could play without skipping. The best songs was the underated deep tracks.

Benz or Beamer, Ain’t No Thang, Crumbling Erb, Mamacita, Y’all Scared, Mainstream, Church, Art of Storytelling....

It would take all day to list them all. Them nyggas beyond fire. When the Bible talk about exceeding hot, it was talking bout Big Boi and 3000.
That said …

I hear you...and maybe this is my NY bias talking, but I gotta go Wu Tang. But I respect your words.
The Wu Tang collective is the best ever assembled. Ghostface, Meth, Gza, and ODB debut albums among the best ever pressed. Purple Tape arguably a Top 10 rap album of all time. But if we talking group albums, you gotta give it to Outkast just in terms of consistency. 4 Straight All Timers, beginning with their debut and ending with Stankonia. Love Below, while not a classic and commercial af, was was still a solid album as well.

Advertisement
Are y'all watching some of these Versusz IG battles?

I thought Rza washed Preemo myself, and he didn't even play some of his heavy hitters. The one that got me hot was the Mannie Fresh Scott Storch battle. Dudes saying Storch dominated that one, but maybe it's my Southern bias showing, but if we talking straight up hip hop tracks, Mannie Fresh one of the best (and most underrated) to ever do it.

The Wu Tang collective is the best ever assembled. Ghostface, Meth, Gza, and ODB debut albums among the best ever pressed. Purple Tape arguably a Top 10 rap album of all time. But if we talking group albums, you gotta give it to Outkast just in terms of consistency. 4 Straight All Timers, beginning with their debut and ending with Stankonia. Love Below, while not a classic and commercial af, was was still a solid album as well.

I won’t argue someone saying Outkast...fully respect the stance. Not like you’re saying Migos.

Mobb Deep is up there for me too.

Advertisement
Snoops most deadly verse ever.

Incidentally, Dre HATES this song. Snoop said Dre never cared for the track.

snoop was a great lyricist. Still is to some I guess. As he aged I didn’t like his stuff. It didn’t flow like Chronic or Doggystyle. Again, that’s just me...

Are y'all watching some of these Versusz IG battles?

I thought Rza washed Preemo myself, and he didn't even play some of his heavy hitters. The one that got me hot was the Mannie Fresh Scott Storch battle. Dudes saying Storch dominated that one, but maybe it's my Southern bias showing, but if we talking straight up hip hop tracks, Mannie Fresh one of the best (and most underrated) to ever do it.

I have no clue what you’re referencing but I am intrigued. Where can I find this?

and to me, Preem is the GOAT...

Advertisement
Back