The future of coach Diaz

gruntking

Make Lies Wrong Again
As sad as the thought of this actually happening is, but who's crystal ball can predict how long coach Diaz will be at UM. His stock has to be surging tremendously around the country with the job he's doing, and there's always some team needing to fill a vacancy or even reaching out to him while he's here trying to lure him.

Advertisement
If he’s a smart man he sticks around till a super job opens up like an LSU etc...

He better not bolt for a job like Arkansas or Texas AM

As sad as the thought of this actually happening is, but who's crystal ball can predict how long coach Diaz will be at UM. His stock has to be surging tremendously around the country with the job he's doing, and there's always some team needing to fill a vacancy or even reaching out to him while he's here trying to lure him.

:kobe:

The future of Coach Diaz is closing out the regular season, preparing for Clemson, and trying to get into the College Football Playoff.

Advertisement
It's always shocking to me how right after a big win there are so many threads worrying about either players leaving early or coaches leaving.

Like, you are that uncomfortable with success the you need to try to find something, anything to worry about?

It's college football, assistants come and go. No point in worrying about it, at least until after the season

It's always shocking to me how right after a big win there are so many threads worrying about either players leaving early or coaches leaving.

Like, you are that uncomfortable with success the you need to try to find something, anything to worry about?

It's college football, assistants come and go. No point in worrying about it, at least until after the season
It has absolutely nothing to do with being uncomfortable with success. Actually it came up on the tv sports show and I was just curious what folks thought.

Advertisement
To me hes a good cord but HC is another animal only few can do it at a high level and sometimes we fall in love with coordinators and they rarely work out.

To me hes a good cord but HC is another animal only few can do it at a high level and sometimes we fall in love with coordinators and they rarely work out.

I hope that's the perspective out there cause we all love him and don't want to loose him. It came up with Manso and Ferraro and I thought they had something other than speculation.

All I know its a good problem to have (for one of our coordinators to be in high demand). When was the last we had someone other teams wanted? I literally can't recall.

I think it's more wanting to stay comfortable with success. All of our past woes have been the result of poor coaching. Finally putting together a coaching staff that can win is something we want to keep. Butch left and we fell apart a few years later. I definitely think we'll be just fine with Richt at the helm, but I understand the sentiment.

Advertisement
If he is smart he pulls a Kirby Smart...continue to dominate in this program where you have the perfect recruiting backyard for your system, build up your rep as a genius and wait for the perfect opportunity.

As much as it would kill me, if I’m him I’m holding out for FSU or UF or something like that.

A ACC Title, a NC trophy, a big pay raise, and best defensive recruiting class in UM history. Not bad for a local kid. There will be interest in him for sure, but I don't think he jumps ship this quick. Heck, he might decide his best move is to stay until Mark retires and try for Cane job. Not that I want to promote assistant, just saying he might think that way. He is coaching at the place that invented this defense and nowhere else ever plays it this good. Going to another school invites failure. The magic is here not in his fingers. I love Howard and Butch but both found that out. Some coaches it here. Manny looks like one.

Advertisement
COACH DIAZ ALSO KNOWS HIS SUCCESS COMES WITH THE AVAILABILITY TO RECRUIT, DEVELOPE AND COACH SOUTH FLORIDA TALENT...AND CHERRY PICK A FEW STUDS AROUUND THE COUNTRY WHO REALLY WANT TO BE A CANE....HE HAS INSTILLED PRIDE BACK INTO THIS DEFENSE WHICH IS SPILLING OVER INTO THE ENTIRE TEAM....SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T HAD IN A VERY, VERY LONG TIME....PAY THE MAN WHAT HE HAS EARNED TO KEEP HIM.... I PRAY HE STAYS HERE FOREVER!!

Hey Manny, someone's on the phone for you, ssys his nsme is Kelly...Manny yells back "tell him to shove the phone up his butt... a $$hole.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He isn't leaving his home for a bad HC job

I agree. He's already experienced highs and lows as a DC. He has seen what poor fit/situation has done for his stock and career during his stint at Texas. I'm sure he has HC aspirations, but I'm also sure he's not gone at the first shot at any opportunity. It would have to be a big time HC job in an enticing recruiting area conducive to getting talent to play his type of defense

He isn't leaving his home for a bad HC job

I agree. He's already experienced highs and lows as a DC. He has seen what poor fit/situation has done for his stock and career during his stint at Texas. I'm sure he has HC aspirations, but I'm also sure he's not gone at the first shot at any opportunity. It would have to be a big time HC job in an enticing recruiting area conducive to getting talent to play his type of defense

Agreed and I don't see that for him yet.

Advertisement
Back