The flags on njoku

Have yall ever seen them stack penalties like that? I usually seen them just use the highest penalty

Last edited:
Advertisement
Did u just start following football? One was during the play and one was a dead ball penalty.
Cmon.

I was at the game and everyone was talking about the penalty stacking, never seen that.

Advertisement
I was at the game and everyone was talking about the penalty stacking, never seen that.

Yes you have. You just hear the ref call it differently. Usually he'll say "after the play was over, personal foul...."

What the poster above me said. To clarify - I don't think the illegal block was a good call because he made that block within the 5 yards of the LOS and the defender wasn't engaged with another blocker. The ref was just old and senile.

Advertisement
Both were enforced b/c one was during the play and the other was after the play.

The Blocking below the knees penalty was a terrible call, because on GTech's very next possession, their RT did the EXACT same thing to one of our DE's.

But the unsportsmanlike late hit, was ticky tack, but letter of the law... He didn't need to shove that dude, although I understand why he did & don't have a problem with it.

Stack penalties?
If you have a penalty during the play and then one after the play, both get enforced.

No one is questioning whether they were good or bad calls, they are questioning the stacking of the calls.

Advertisement
Did u just start following football? One was during the play and one was a dead ball penalty.
Cmon.

Come on man, I have been watch CFB for 35 years and HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM STACK penalties before. Yes we all get that one of them was a dead ball foul but thats not the first time a dead ball foul happened after a in play penalty was called. Someone needs to look that sh$t up in the rule book.

Cmon.

Come on man, I have been watch CFB for 35 years and HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM STACK penalties before. Yes we all get that one of them was a dead ball foul but thats not the first time a dead ball foul happened after a in play penalty was called. Someone needs to look that sh$t up in the rule book.

Bro, it was absolutely proper (not the call, but the enforcement) and it happens all the time.

Advertisement
Why would the opposing team decline one? When both are enforceable? Forget that they were both on njoku. If you had a holding on one of our players during the play and then had a dead ball personal foul, both get enforced. Always. If one wasn't a dead ball personal foul, then you'd be correct.

LOL what are yall talking about I have seen that happen many many times in my 30 years of watching CFB . It only may happen 2-3 times I year when I am watching but it happens. It usually happens when players fight or something after the whistle has been blown. Maybe the first time I have seen it called on the same guy but it happens.

I am confused about the confusion. A 15 yard penalty during the play and one after are both enforced.

You all must be equating this with something such as a defensive pass interference and a personal foul late hit on the QB. Different situation.

Cmon.

You must have missed the 91 Cotton Bowl then....

Hurricanes Pound Texas, Pile Up The Penalty Yards - philly-archives

"They started their first offensive series with a first down and 40 from their 19 after consecutive personal-foul and unsportsmanlike-conduct penalties resulting from late and out-of-bounds hits on a punt return."

Advertisement
Back