The first step in changing culture? Get these juniors to stay, none of them are ready for the NFL.

I said what I said.

inspired by the thread that says winning changes the culture. That’s only true if you keep some of these mid round players back for their senior year. That is how you seperate a top 25 team from a top 15 team, to then building a top 5 program.

this year we squeak out victories by 1 TD. Next year we change those victories to comfortable 2 TD victories, and so on and so forth.

This is Diaz biggest test yet - keep these guys at Miami because none of them other than Rousseau should leave:

-Jordan (would be 2nd round but injuries drop to 3-4)
-Phillips (3rd -4th)
-Silvera (3rd-4th)
-Bolden (3rd, maybe 2nd if he continues the play. He’s the one I would say deserves to declare)
-Blades (5th - 6th)
-Scaife (5th-6th)

a coach who knows how to motivate his players and sell (important for college coaches) would also convince a couple of the players below to stay:
-King
-Roche
-Jarrid Williams
-McCloud (joking)
Does bolden still deserve to declare? His rate **** be working like the rest of us

Advertisement
I want Harris to leave.

1. Miami has great RBs behind him and one great RB coming in.
2. He will never be a day one draft pick. Very few RBs can be a day one pick in today's NFL.
3. DeeJay and Homer have shown that Miami still can produce good RBs.
4. He hasn't been happy.

The rest are getting bad advice or just want to move on after 3-5 years of college.

Looking at the counters:
We have around 75 kids and 10 spots. Seniors apparently can return without counting in '21. Thus, we have around 19 spots for the '21 class. We will need 6 non-seniors to depart to sign a full class. Now some of those 6 can be walk-ons that were given ships like Few, Ragone, Griffin, Parrott, James...

Assuming we were to return everyone and took away the walk-on ships to sign 25 kids in '21. We would play with 100 ship players in '21. We would have 9 seniors and 22 juniors/ RS Juniors. 100-31 = 69, 85-69 = 16 spots for the '22 class before any departures. Keep the 16 spots in mind as the '22 class is when Miami could land a top 5 class simply because space will be limited around the country. Miami has 10 extra spots in '21 compared to most teams, actually 16 with all the walk-on ships handed out. This makes the '21 and '22 classes big opportunities for Miami.

Heck, Miami may finally have a good reason to save spots with the '21 class for the '22 class. Unless the NCAA changes course, Miami is in a position to sign 3 dang good classes (20-22). I likely wouldn't save spots based on the normal roster turn-over at Miami of 8 kids per year that weren't seniors. Thus, we should expect to play with 90ish kids in '21. We should also expect to see 8 of the 69 remaining kids depart early. Thus leaving us with room for 25 in '21 and 24 in '22 before we push walk-ons.

I want Harris to leave.

1. Miami has great RBs behind him and one great RB coming in.
2. He will never be a day one draft pick. Very few RBs can be a day one pick in today's NFL.
3. DeeJay and Homer have shown that Miami still can produce good RBs.
4. He hasn't been happy.

The rest are getting bad advice or just want to move on after 3-5 years of college.

Looking at the counters:
We have around 75 kids and 10 spots. Seniors apparently can return without counting in '21. Thus, we have around 19 spots for the '21 class. We will need 6 non-seniors to depart to sign a full class. Now some of those 6 can be walk-ons that were given ships like Few, Ragone, Griffin, Parrott, James...

Assuming we were to return everyone and took away the walk-on ships to sign 25 kids in '21. We would play with 100 ship players in '21. We would have 9 seniors and 22 juniors/ RS Juniors. 100-31 = 69, 85-69 = 16 spots for the '22 class before any departures. Keep the 16 spots in mind as the '22 class is when Miami could land a top 5 class simply because space will be limited around the country. Miami has 10 extra spots in '21 compared to most teams, actually 16 with all the walk-on ships handed out. This makes the '21 and '22 classes big opportunities for Miami.

Heck, Miami may finally have a good reason to save spots with the '21 class for the '22 class. Unless the NCAA changes course, Miami is in a position to sign 3 dang good classes (20-22). I likely wouldn't save spots based on the normal roster turn-over at Miami of 8 kids per year that weren't seniors. Thus, we should expect to play with 90ish kids in '21. We should also expect to see 8 of the 69 remaining kids depart early. Thus leaving us with room for 25 in '21 and 24 in '22 before we push walk-ons.
I think everyone has an extra of eligibility. So numbers will not be correct until 2025 maybe

I think everyone has an extra of eligibility. So numbers will not be correct until 2025 maybe

Everyone gets another year BUT the 85 rule as of today will only get adjusted for '21 with Seniors not counting. Thus, the '22 class will get FUGLY for most schools.

Advertisement
The following players will enter the draft following the season imo:

King
Harris
Harley
Jordan
Mallory
Williams
Roche
Phillips
Ford
Silvera
McCloud
Carter
Bolden
Blades
Borregales

Everyone gets another year BUT the 85 rule as of today will only get adjusted for '21 with Seniors not counting. Thus, the '22 class will get FUGLY for most schools.
Yeah this part is the real interesting part. Everyone expects some bizarre new rule or an increase to the scholarship number going forward but who knows what happens. I also think that the guys going pro could be way down or way up (guys being stupid and greedy out of fear). The NFL and the players union aren’t exactly rolling in huge revenue or short players. It could be the worst time ever to go pro.

If the current “plan” holds true teams will process out a lot of recruits and try to push out a lot of players. This upcoming offseason could be insane.

Advertisement
Yeah this part is the real interesting part. Everyone expects some bizarre new rule or an increase to the scholarship number going forward but who knows what happens. I also think that the guys going pro could be way down or way up (guys being stupid and greedy out of fear). The NFL and the players union aren’t exactly rolling in huge revenue or short players. It could be the worst time ever to go pro.

If the current “plan” holds true teams will process out a lot of recruits and try to push out a lot of players. This upcoming offseason could be insane.

I actually think the processing will be next offseason vs this one. Miami will need to process 9 kids as well if my math is right. The good news in some ways, we have 6 or 7 walk-ons that can be processed IF we somehow got lucky enough to keep lots of kids from entering the draft two years too early.

This is all the difference right here. The average physicality and strength between 22/23 year olds vs 18/19 is tremendous. Theres a lot of growing that goes on in that time frame.
Most of the players on our d and o line should’ve been redshirted and backups for at least 2 years.
Horrible line recruiting and dudes leaving early has killed our efforts to succeed. Norton McIntosh and Jackson should’ve never left early.
searles and kool left the cupboard empty too.

Advertisement
The following players will enter the draft following the season imo:

King
Harris
Harley
Jordan
Mallory
Williams
Roche
Phillips
Ford
Silvera
McCloud
Carter
Bolden
Blades
Borregales
Agree. Besides Mallory. He can come back & be a one man show & bolt himself very high. Who's Williams?

Advertisement
Back