The first step in changing culture? Get these juniors to stay, none of them are ready for the NFL.

darius19

Recruit
Banned
I said what I said.

inspired by the thread that says winning changes the culture. That’s only true if you keep some of these mid round players back for their senior year. That is how you seperate a top 25 team from a top 15 team, to then building a top 5 program.

this year we squeak out victories by 1 TD. Next year we change those victories to comfortable 2 TD victories, and so on and so forth.

This is Diaz biggest test yet - keep these guys at Miami because none of them other than Rousseau should leave:

-Jordan (would be 2nd round but injuries drop to 3-4)
-Phillips (3rd -4th)
-Silvera (3rd-4th)
-Bolden (3rd, maybe 2nd if he continues the play. He’s the one I would say deserves to declare)
-Blades (5th - 6th)
-Scaife (5th-6th)

a coach who knows how to motivate his players and sell (important for college coaches) would also convince a couple of the players below to stay:
-King
-Roche
-Jarrid Williams
-McCloud (joking)

Advertisement
The week before Clemson, we had like 8 guys who were going in the first three rounds. Funny how things change quick.

I still think Brevin would go at the back end of 2, but yes durability is a huge concern to the point where he should come back next season; Roche probably goes 3rd round, he's gone imo. Bolden late 2nd is the ceiling, but more realistically he's mid to late 3rd. He's gone too, but I would love for him to stay as he could work himself into the mid 2nd/early 2nd with another season.

The rest should stay, they're not going in the top three rounds. Phillips maybe, maybe back end of 3 (probably early 4), but he really should work on refining his pass rushing skills for another season.

First step in changing culture is quit accepting bullshyt effort from players and demand more from them.

There's nothing wrong with the culture of this team that a great leader couldn't fix. All we hear about is what great kids we have. Then, they're here for a couple years, and they're all knuckleheads. These kids, like any other kids, will do what they're led to do.

Advertisement
Bolden is about the only one that should declare if he continues developing his game, getting better. The other players I just don't see it; Phillips, Harris, Nesta, Jordan, King and Williams all need lots more work and another year.

Reality is most of these guys will declare and will go much later than the BS sold to them in the draft. And King may not get drafted at all, maybe 7th rd as athlete...

Agreed.

Only two I think are gone no matter what are Cam and Brevin.

Brevin has been killing it but **** he needs to show some durablity

Cam is a RB who is understandable even though he’s been super pedestrian this season and I hope he isn’t “saving” himself

Scaife and Nesta prob wouldn’t even get drafted at this point

They have no business even thinking NFL

The rest you listed need more film as well
They need to play scaife at his right position. He's not a guard

Advertisement
The kids that leave early will be sorely disappointed when they are drafted below their expectations. Most will be out of the league in a couple years, if that.

The seniors too...King, Harley, Williams, Roche, Ford, McCloud, Carter, Borregales

You only declare in year 3 if you are: Dominating every game or are in the top 10 at your position in the country.

It doesn't take more than a second to determine if that applies to anyone on the roster. If we're being generous, we're talking 1-maybe 2 guys, and they're on the fringe.

Anyone else will just wash away with the tide at the next level like all the other guys who prematurely ejaculated.

lol.... if any of those guys leave I'd lmao. People say blades had his mind set on leaving smh. Dumb. scaife couldn't even go back to Southridge if he wanted too. Jordan is the same as a snowman in 70 degree weather. king etc etch etc all those guys need to come back.

jb scaife ?...that would a no. final answer

Advertisement
Advertisement
We overrate our guys, they overrate themselves, agents tell them they will get drafted high, they declare, they experience infinite sadness.

Bolden, Phillips, and Jordan get drafted because of their play and athleticism alone. Likely not nearly as high as anyone thinks.

Literally everyone else is camp fodder and might go late or might not even get a camp invite.

If Manny was smart, he would bring back as many players as possible from the last 4 years that declared early and are unemployed and have have them talk to the juniors that are thinking of declaring.
“Hi, I’m Trajan Bandy and I got that dawg in me. I flip burgers, well I used to flip burgers before Covid.”

“I’m Jeff Thomas and when I grow up I want to play football, again.”

It could work you know.

Advertisement
Back