The Embarrassment of A-Rod

Kirijax

Senior
Advertisement
Don't care. When someone wants to pay him back or donate more money, they can replace his name on the Park.

You should be more embarrassed of the coach and lack of success at UM baseball.

In the grand scheme of things this is a NO-ISSUE.

Please let me know how many people were HURT by A-Rod taking steroids or PEs.

I think it is the exact opposite. In the grand scheme of things, this is a very important issue.

I can't name the number of people who have been hurt by A-Rod's ped use, just like you can't know the number of students who make the wrong decision because Miami blatantly endorses a known ped user. "Look students! You can be successful like A-Rod, even if you cheat and lie to get ahead!"

The recent success of the baseball team or lack of it is a completely different issue. We can talk about that if you want. But the fact that the university has taken money from a known cheater and put his name on the school's ball park is immoral, unethical, embarrassing and tells the students that come through the University of Miami that you can be successful and be honored by a top university even if you cheat to make your way to the top. The school is saying that it's okay to cheat and lie in sports by putting A-Rod's name on the stadium's entrance. As a fan of Canes sports, that's not the message I want Miami to give out. But that is exactly what they are doing.

Again, we can talk about the recent failures of the team on the field, but that's not what we're talking about here.

Advertisement

You're on the wrong side of this issue. Sorry dude.

We wait for an answer as to who was harmed.

If you really have to ask that question, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

If you really have to ask that question, we'll just have to agree to disagree on this point.

That is because you have none. You should be embarrassed that our coach is terrible.

Advertisement

That is because you have none. You should be embarrassed that our coach is terrible.

The reputation of the University is harmed... what do you think opposing fans say when they come to the park?

The reputation of the University is harmed... what do you think opposing fans say when they come to the park?

First of all, fail. This is nothing. Nobody likes us and that includes other teams and fans. Why don't our fans understand it was ALWAYS us against the world.

Second, perhaps they say "we're in luck, Jim Morris is the coach."

Third, how many people has A-Rod hurt? We wait for an answer on that.

We as fans should be concerned at the overall product FIRST and not the name of the stadium. The way you overreact would make it seem like we play at Joseph Goebbels Field.

First of all, fail. This is nothing. Nobody likes us and that includes other teams and fans. Why don't our fans understand it was ALWAYS us against the world.

Second, perhaps they say "we're in luck, Jim Morris is the coach."

Third, how many people has A-Rod hurt? We wait for an answer on that.

We as fans should be concerned at the overall product FIRST and not the name of the stadium. The way you overreact would make it seem like we play at Joseph Goebbels Field.

No, not a fail. Sorry. You've been proven wrong yet again! He hurt pitcher stats, the game, the Yankees, etc... I can go on and on but only for you to probably type "fail" since you don't have anything to say but "Us Against The World"... what on earth does that have to do with A-Rod...

No, not a fail. Sorry. You've been proven wrong yet again! He hurt pitcher stats, the game, the Yankees, etc... I can go on and on but only for you to probably type "fail" since you don't have anything to say but "Us Against The World"... what on earth does that have to do with A-Rod...

Nothing is wrong. You've never proven me wrong either. You're just simple and that is fine.

I'm a diehard Yankee fan. I'm not hurt, nor is any fan. I'm only ****ed because management shouldn't have extended him to begin with. This has nothing to do with the steroids but because of the economics of an extension to a player in their 30s. What pitcher is hurt? How is the game hurt? This is all bullchit kunty reasons which are typical for you.

Us against the world has been Miami's slogan. We've never been liked. It only has to do with A-Rod because you're kunty dumbas$ brought it up when you said "what do you think opposing fans say when they come to the park". Who cares what they say?

Here is a book, since you have no ***ing clue about who we are as a program.

http://www.amazon.com/Cane-Mutiny-Hurricanes-Overturned-Establishment/dp/B000H2MBKS

Again, A-Rod hasn't hurt anyone. So far you have given no reasons. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Advertisement

Nothing is wrong. You've never proven me wrong either. You're just simple and that is fine.

I'm a diehard Yankee fan. I'm not hurt, nor is any fan. I'm only ****ed because management shouldn't have extended him to begin with. This has nothing to do with the steroids but because of the economics of an extension to a player in their 30s. What pitcher is hurt? How is the game hurt? This is all bullchit kunty reasons which are typical for you.

Us against the world has been Miami's slogan. We've never been liked. It only has to do with A-Rod because you're kunty dumbas$ brought it up when you said "what do you think opposing fans say when they come to the park". Who cares what they say?

http://www.amazon.com/Cane-Mutiny-Hurricanes-Overturned-Establishment/dp/B000H2MBKS

Again, A-Rod hasn't hurt anyone. So far you have given no reasons. Keep up the good work!

Wow... somebody woke up on the wrong side of their bed...

Wow... somebody woke up on the wrong side of their bed...

Yes. Oh man, you got me. No comeback I see, good try. Keep being hurt by A-Rod.

Advertisement
Arod is conveniently in the news because he was reinstated after the World Series. What Arod did early in his career was not a violation of rules in MLB. His steroid use during Biogenesis is also irrelevant to me both as a baseball fan and alumni. As is Braun's and Grandal's.

Arod used steroids - so what? He is also recognized as one of the single most dedicated players for hard work there is. He is an example to learn from, both the good and the bad.

Last edited:
Arod is conveniently in the news because he was reinstated after the World Series. What Arod did early in his career was not a violation of rules in MLB. His steroid use during Biogenesis is also irrelevant to me both as a baseball fan and alumni. As is Braun's and Grandal's.

Arod used steroids - so what? He is also recognized as one of the single most dedicated players for hard work there is. He is an example to learn from, both the good and the bad.

Says who?

Advertisement
Back