The Ducks are Quacking....

Ok. So since I'd love to see some of y'all simply shut the **** up with this topic of money not happening like that I'll explain. The main money and instigator behind all of this has been Carol soffer & her business partners. For those of you unaware of who her main business partners are, that would be Dubai world... For those of you unaware who the main benefactors are in Dubai world (Carol soffer and her family are worth billions with a b) it's Mohammed bin Rashid Al mahktum aka THE CROWN PRINCE OF DUBAI who along with his father have many billions with a B... I can't give you a rational explanation as to why he would care about Miami sports as far as I know he doesn't. But he's a huge sports junkie and he's been to several canes games where he's sat with us in the president's box along with Carol. From what I know a very supportive business partner... Take that as you will. The network we have access to isn't scared of Phil knight (who by the way is no longer anywhere near as active as some of y'all seem to think when it relates to coaches)
https://c.tenor.com/yaUNa5XkmJ4AAAAM/dang-****.gif

Sheikh it, baby! - GIF on Imgur

Advertisement
You have to be naïve if you think USC and LSU negotiated with Riley and Kelly just this weekend - theirs was in the works for quite a while.

I think the situation is the same with Mario / Lane - they know exactly where they're going, and if we get one of them it was planned long beforehand.

Ok. So since I'd love to see some of y'all simply shut the **** up with this topic of money not happening like that I'll explain. The main money and instigator behind all of this has been Carol soffer & her business partners. For those of you unaware of who her main business partners are, that would be Dubai world... For those of you unaware who the main benefactors are in Dubai world (Carol soffer and her family are worth billions with a b) it's Mohammed bin Rashid Al mahktum aka THE CROWN PRINCE OF DUBAI who along with his father have many billions with a B... I can't give you a rational explanation as to why he would care about Miami sports as far as I know he doesn't. But he's a huge sports junkie and he's been to several canes games where he's sat with us in the president's box along with Carol. From what I know a very supportive business partner... Take that as you will. The network we have access to isn't scared of Phil knight (who by the way is no longer anywhere near as active as some of y'all seem to think when it relates to coaches)

Carol walking out after Msu saying “ I won’t be back until theres changes” was the beginning. There’s plenty of people who’s lead this but that’s the first thing I heard that told me change was likely happening. Uva is what made business pick up.

Advertisement
These Middle East billionaires have turned the world of soccer on its head by buying up teams that really don't have a history and then spending tons of money on the best players.

The money part sounds like it’s already done if he comes. Ruiz and Mas will be writing massive checks. I can’t see staff salary being even the slightest concern.
It seems crazy to read this when less than a decade ago Al Golden was told "no" when he wanted to bring a nutritionist on staff.

Advertisement
200.gif

Carol walking out after Msu saying “ I won’t be back until theres changes” was the beginning. There’s plenty of people who’s lead this but that’s the first thing I heard that told me change was likely happening. Uva is what made business pick up.
hadn't heard that story. sounds wonderful

Advertisement
by the way, i'm pretty sure Mario has already spoken with Phil Knight. No way Phil Knight is going to trying to lure Mario to stay in Oregon versus COMING HOME. This isn't about money for Mario so money doesn't have the leverage, which neutralizes Phil Knight.

Not to say Mario is going to accept home town discount, he wants and is entitled to fair market value given the last few contracts dished out.

Advertisement
Time for some real talk.

I've read the Oregon board and their Mario to Miami threads. Here's the one thing that they keep on overlooking or easily dismissing:

YOU CAN'T BEAT HOME. Home is undefeated. How much does Mario value going home?

Let me tell you a story. I was born in Queens but raised in Palatka, Florida. My mother was killed in a car accident when I was four, my father killed himself the following year. Instead of me, my older brother and sister going into foster care, my 70 year old maternal grandparents adopted us and we moved from Queens NY to Palatka FL. At the age of 25, I became a Christian and met my wife in Peniel Baptist Church (where her family continues to attend to this day). I love Peniel. I still have a great relationship with the pastor who is there and I consider him my mentor (and he would agree). Many of the men who discipled me are still there and when my wife and I visit Palatka, I still attend that church and visit with all my former church members and pastor. After a few years, that church sent me to Dallas, TX to go to Bible college (DBU & Criswell), and then to seminary (SWBTS). I pastored a church just west of Dallas (Chico, TX area), and now we have been in Kansas for almost 6 years. The pastor of Peniel is getting older and he will be retiring probably in the next five years.

You bet your *** that I will be applying for that position. Why?

Because IT'S HOME. I have such a love and respect for the church where the Lord saved me and then discipled me. I have such a love and respect for the men of that church who poured their lives into mine. I have such a love and respect for the pastor there; it would be an honor to follow in his steps. My wife's family is there. My older sister lives in Jacksonville (hr north). My older brother lives in Winter Haven. Palatka is Home.

For Mario, Miami is home.

That's more than anything Oregon can offer.
Wow …. I actually played baseball for St. John’s River college in Palatka. I’m from Sanford, and I actually still miss Palatka. Best 2 years of my life.

Advertisement
Back