The Ducks are Quacking....

The only time Mario would have to fly out of Miami would be for road games and the CFP (if not in Miami).
Building a roster of only SFL recruits is a recipe for disaster and bad culture. Not because SFL kids have bad culture, but it’s the same reason a business with nothing but friends working together isn’t the best idea. You have to get out of highschool eventually to be able to grow, and a roster of majority SFL kids seems to just be an extended stay highschool. Need to break up the cliques and highschool culture that comes with it.

Advertisement
I myself was born and raised in Miami. Edison class of 90' but I have been on the West Coast for 20 plus years and have been to several PAC 12 schools for football games as recent as WASH vs UCLA in Seattle. Been to Eugene several times and its smaller than Gainesville and outside of the school there is nothing in Eugene and once 9pm hits everything is closed. I know for me personally I couldn't see myself living Eugene even if it was for football but thats me.

Serious, the silence surrounding Lane Kiffin is intriguing. Was the overnight flight by Mario last weekend not only to see his Mother, but also to tell the UM
thank you, but No Thank You. Could Lane Kiffin be the actual front runner for the UM job.

Signed,

Peruche

Every coach and their mamas are signing giant contract extensions. Kiffin hasnt signed one with Ole Miss yet. Not a coincidence.

Advertisement
I want Mario to be the new HC simply because every fu*king time like clockwork his name comes up each time there’s a vacancy down here. Honestly I don’t care even if he flames out to not hear his name every fu*king time there’s an opening it would be a blessing.

Lets get it over with already!

Get ready for duck tears then. He comin.

km_20211201_360p.gif

Advertisement
Big fact that the Duck fan / thread author is neglecting to address is that MIAMI IS Mario's home, his favorite football program .. the years he played and the things he accomplished. He STILL brings former UM greats to OREGON for inspiration. UM is Mario's dream job .. Oregon is just something "that happened that he will always be grateful for". Mario takes the UM job .. and creates a dynasty.

Advertisement
Building a roster of only SFL recruits is a recipe for disaster and bad culture. Not because SFL kids have bad culture, but it’s the same reason a business with nothing but friends working together isn’t the best idea. You have to get out of highschool eventually to be able to grow, and a roster of majority SFL kids seems to just be an extended stay highschool. Need to break up the cliques and highschool culture that comes with it.
The guy got the top recruit from 9 different states at Oregon last cycle.

Advertisement
Time for some real talk.

I've read the Oregon board and their Mario to Miami threads. Here's the one thing that they keep on overlooking or easily dismissing:

YOU CAN'T BEAT HOME. Home is undefeated. How much does Mario value going home?

Let me tell you a story. I was born in Queens but raised in Palatka, Florida. My mother was killed in a car accident when I was four, my father killed himself the following year. Instead of me, my older brother and sister going into foster care, my 70 year old maternal grandparents adopted us and we moved from Queens NY to Palatka FL. At the age of 25, I became a Christian and met my wife in Peniel Baptist Church (where her family continues to attend to this day). I love Peniel. I still have a great relationship with the pastor who is there and I consider him my mentor (and he would agree). Many of the men who discipled me are still there and when my wife and I visit Palatka, I still attend that church and visit with all my former church members and pastor. After a few years, that church sent me to Dallas, TX to go to Bible college (DBU & Criswell), and then to seminary (SWBTS). I pastored a church just west of Dallas (Chico, TX area), and now we have been in Kansas for almost 6 years. The pastor of Peniel is getting older and he will be retiring probably in the next five years.

You bet your *** that I will be applying for that position. Why?

Because IT'S HOME. I have such a love and respect for the church where the Lord saved me and then discipled me. I have such a love and respect for the men of that church who poured their lives into mine. I have such a love and respect for the pastor there; it would be an honor to follow in his steps. My wife's family is there. My older sister lives in Jacksonville (hr north). My older brother lives in Winter Haven. Palatka is Home.

For Mario, Miami is home.

That's more than anything Oregon can offer.
Bro I feel like I just watched one of those College Gameday segments that make me change the channel as I mutter "stick to sports"

If we've learned anything these last few weeks it's that nothing said on a fan message board means a **** thing. Nada. Everybody has a source and an opinion.
If Mario wasn’t coming to Miami I would think he would have shut it down long ago. With regard to this school if they had their man they would have fired manny. my guess is Miami still has to have an AD before it gets to shoot it’s shot. If Mario likes the AD And the the pitch he might come.

Advertisement
Back