The Ducks are Quacking....

Advertisement
I doubt the mfer even played for Miami.

Prolly was a ball boy
Super Bowl Cheer GIF by Unlimited Moves

I mean are we trusting a guy who is using the narrative that Miami doesn’t care and Miami doesn’t have money and etc that they didn’t even know about until gameday pointed it out? I mean come on. Everybody is tight lipped here for a reason and obviously they feel they are going to get him. If he decides to stay so be it i just see it as being fairly obvious what is going on here in the minds of JF and the BOT

As I told OP in private message “ people here feel the opposite”. Directed at the ******* insider running down Miami , the job and acting like it’s crazy to even think he’d leave.

They’ve always should’ve been nervous regardless.
I think I have a better chance winning the lotto this weekend than Mario NOT coming to Miami. Oregon fans are about to lose their ****.

Advertisement
Considering this crazy off-season, if UM does make an offer for Mario, it will probably significantly dwarf what they could have gotten him for 3 years ago.

Miami gonna Miami, I guess.

Considering the $4 million Temple 'buyout' of Diaz, the $2 million owed to fire Diaz, and what is happening to coaches' salaries currently...the idea that they'll have wasted at least...what?...$10 million dollars?

Cost of incompetence.

Advertisement
What do you expect them to say? You didn't think we weren't going to have to fight in the trenches for him would you? Phil Knight and Nike will be formidable. Regardless what happens with Mario, you must have the AD in place and sack Manny ASAP.

They said the same stuff, VERBATIM, when Taggart was first tied to the FSU job.

Mario will be on his way here this weekend and they’re going to be stunned that it happened.

If he they didn’t make the playoff this year then he won’t make it at Oregon. They play UGA week one and Lincoln Riley is going to clean up west coast recruiting. Mario is a smart guy he knows this is the only chance at his dream job he will take it as long as we make the money right on our end.

Love the confidence. And the fact that they haven’t recognized the increased competition in the PAC 10. Lincoln is gonna own that conference EVERY YEAR starting next with all of the kids following him. I am certain that Mario is well aware of this and that his monopoly on talent and easy wins is over. The ACC is ripe for the taking now that Clemson is coming undone. Perfect chance for us to lockdown our home recruiting and dominate.

And this could al be smoke and mirrors too and we are really on the Lane Train. But I don’t think it is. Regardless, either one is a massive improvement over the present. Tis the season for miracles.

Advertisement
Time for some real talk.

I've read the Oregon board and their Mario to Miami threads. Here's the one thing that they keep on overlooking or easily dismissing:

YOU CAN'T BEAT HOME. Home is undefeated. How much does Mario value going home?

Let me tell you a story. I was born in Queens but raised in Palatka, Florida. My mother was killed in a car accident when I was four, my father killed himself the following year. Instead of me, my older brother and sister going into foster care, my 70 year old maternal grandparents adopted us and we moved from Queens NY to Palatka FL. At the age of 25, I became a Christian and met my wife in Peniel Baptist Church (where her family continues to attend to this day). I love Peniel. I still have a great relationship with the pastor who is there and I consider him my mentor (and he would agree). Many of the men who discipled me are still there and when my wife and I visit Palatka, I still attend that church and visit with all my former church members and pastor. After a few years, that church sent me to Dallas, TX to go to Bible college (DBU & Criswell), and then to seminary (SWBTS). I pastored a church just west of Dallas (Chico, TX area), and now we have been in Kansas for almost 6 years. The pastor of Peniel is getting older and he will be retiring probably in the next five years.

You bet your *** that I will be applying for that position. Why?

Because IT'S HOME. I have such a love and respect for the church where the Lord saved me and then discipled me. I have such a love and respect for the men of that church who poured their lives into mine. I have such a love and respect for the pastor there; it would be an honor to follow in his steps. My wife's family is there. My older sister lives in Jacksonville (hr north). My older brother lives in Winter Haven. Palatka is Home.

For Mario, Miami is home.

That's more than anything Oregon can offer.
Something else they fail to realize, he has to leave the state for every recruit they get. And them plane rides get old fast, private or not.

He gone (from Oregon). That's what that article tells me. It's wishful thinking and talking yourself out of reality hitting you.

I mean, look at the last week with Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly. They left marquee blue blood programs for other stops. To think that Oregon is above OU or Notre Dame is beyond laughable.

Advertisement
Serious, the silence surrounding Lane Kiffin is intriguing. Was the overnight flight by Mario last weekend not only to see his Mother, but also to tell the UM
thank you, but No Thank You. Could Lane Kiffin be the actual front runner for the UM job.

Signed,

Peruche

If money matters more to Mario, he will stay in Oregon. We can’t match them I don’t believe. If family matters more and his family wants to be in sunny Miami mid January instead of stuck in the cold in Eugene, he will leave.

Family matters in these decisions more than most think. He’s got a couple of school age kids, right?

life is no fun being rich and miserable in a place you don’t want to be.

he is going to be a wealthy man either way.

id rather be rich in Miami than Eugene.

it all might come down to the old adage ‘Happy Life Happy Wife”

Advertisement
Back