The Domino Effect: What's next for the 2022 Class

I like Rogers and believe if he commits he sticks but even if Allen commits he won't stick (waiting on the LSU offer). Turner is a take, Spells is a take, and we need to turn up the heat on TMullen and close out our CB recruiting. DE is a tricky business, they get paid the 2nd most in the NFL (we'll leave it at that) so if we can get Kelly, Anderson and maybe one surprise pickup we're good there.....LB we need all we can get......at Safety we might be okay taking 1 if it's KWilson that we get. WR the number is 3 but boy will it be tough because it looks like 2 of them are almost guaranteed to be OOS guys.....I still say we need 1 RB because if there's an oft injured position in football its RB....OL I'd say 3 guys and I like Brad's list on those and also think at least one of the 3-5 portal spots we save will go to the OL.....
LSU already has 3 four star corners committed so Allen won't be in Baton Rouge unless they suffer some decommits

Advertisement
Brad,

At DE, I was a little surprised to see no mention of Mario Eugenio from Tampa who tore it up in the recent UA Camp. At 6’3”, 240, he has an early size advantage vs some of our other targets and has demonstrated some definite quickness in the Camp.

His massive high school classmate, DT Tawfiq Thomas, also intrigues me. At 6’4”, 325, this big man from Gaithersburg in Tampa is gathering some attention.

Any comments on these two potential recruits?

Thanks.
Mario was mentioned in the article and in Red. I expect him to be a high priority. Simpson seems to really like his tape.

Look's like Oklahoma is the current leader with Helms at TE. I would think Iowa would be all over Helms since they've done very well with TEs and Bellevue, NE is a suburb of Omaha right of Interstate 80 which is Iowa City is 2.5 -3 hours directly east on I-80.

Advertisement
Any reason why we are suddenly recruiting Nebraska? I thought they recruited Florida. Seriously does some new member of staff have connections to the state/area?
We had a starting OL from Nebraska not that long ago, Harland Gunn. He was the best player in the state that year. We did not routinely recruit Nebraska, as far as I know, but sometimes you find a player you like outside your customary recruiting area.

Last edited:
Please stop with the "mentioning" stuff. He reached out to Miami. That might not be public knowledge, but so be it.

"Nothing out there at the moment"...according to whom? There's more information out there than just Rivals and 247.

Nobody is saying that we WILL get Alston, but this concept that his "mention list" is the same as his interests is just inaccurate.
Jacurri just mentioned that Alston is one of the players he is recruiting to Miami. 😉

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was quoting Dazed and Confused

Alright, alright, alright...don't expect Ethnic to have a sense of humor or awareness of context...

1617726185044.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back