The Domino Effect: What's next for the 2022 Class

Deshawn Woods....BIG WANT!

If we can pull Rogers, that'll be the biggest testament to what DVD and T-Rob can do IMO. Stepping out of state and pulling an elite CB.

Thanks for the rundown, Brad! I'd love to see Woods and Helms on the show!!!
I like the idea! I'll deff reach out. I am in the process of trying to get Khamauri Rogers and Jordan Allen on the show!

Advertisement
Good Sh*t Brad! Long way to go, but nice trends.

Anyone with 247 see Ivins and Gabby articles about this? Wonder if they have anything to add or mostly same.

That’s fine. @Cribby has said that the staff wasn’t high on the 2022 RBs and taking Brown in that slot makes complete sense given that. I trust Cribby.

Alston isn’t mentioning Miami. Auburn was just trying to get him to enroll with their 2021 class. FSU is after him much harder. There’s just nothing out there at the moment that makes me believe that this kid is likely to end up at Miami. I don’t really care enough about this particular kid as a prospect one way or another given our RB room, but yea we’ll see how it plays out.

Please stop with the "mentioning" stuff. He reached out to Miami. That might not be public knowledge, but so be it.

"Nothing out there at the moment"...according to whom? There's more information out there than just Rivals and 247.

Nobody is saying that we WILL get Alston, but this concept that his "mention list" is the same as his interests is just inaccurate.

Advertisement
Any reason why we are suddenly recruiting Nebraska? I thought they recruited Florida. Seriously does some new member of staff have connections to the state/area?

Brad,

At DE, I was a little surprised to see no mention of Mario Eugenio from Tampa who tore it up in the recent UA Camp. At 6’3”, 240, he has an early size advantage vs some of our other targets and has demonstrated some definite quickness in the Camp.

His massive high school classmate, DT Tawfiq Thomas, also intrigues me. At 6’4”, 325, this big man from Gaithersburg in Tampa is gathering some attention.

Any comments on these two potential recruits?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Please stop with the "mentioning" stuff. He reached out to Miami. That might not be public knowledge, but so be it.

"Nothing out there at the moment"...according to whom? There's more information out there than just Rivals and 247.

Nobody is saying that we WILL get Alston, but this concept that his "mention list" is the same as his interests is just inaccurate.
Like I said, @Cribby has also said that Brown was likely the 2022 back since the staff isn't high on the RB class. Thank you for stating the obvious that more information is out there than 247, as I'm citing one of the board's best insiders for what he said. I know you love this long back and forths about nothing so I'm bowing out now.

Like I said, @Cribby has also said that Brown was likely the 2022 back since the staff isn't high on the RB class. Thank you for stating the obvious that more information is out there than 247, as I'm citing one of the board's best insiders for what he said. I know you love this long back and forths about nothing so I'm bowing out now.
The plan was to take two in 22 , they could still take one more. They aren’t crazy about the 22 class but there’s more to this. It’ll play out. You’ll know what I mean down the road.

Any reason why we are suddenly recruiting Nebraska? I thought they recruited Florida. Seriously does some new member of staff have connections to the state/area?
Yes. Garin Justice is recruiting Woods (top 3 guard nationally) who is a package deal with Devon Jackson (152nd ranked player). Justice coached with his dad back when he was the head coach of the D2 program. Kaden Helms visited Miami a few weeks back. He’s rated as a 4 star by 247 and he is on the same team as Micah Riley. Both of them play TE, Riley would be the Chris Herndon and Helms is more of the Njoku type.

If there was ever a time to pluck out of Nebraska, this is the year with the connections that Justice has and 2 really good TEs at the same school.

Advertisement
The plan was to take two in 22 , they could still take one more. They aren’t crazy about the 22 class but there’s more to this. It’ll play out. You’ll know what I mean down the road.
I know you share only what you can and it is extremely appreciated.

Is the "more to this" and we will understand "down the road" a reference to potential internal movement or possible external moves? We will understand if you can't provide addtional context.

Brad,

At DE, I was a little surprised to see no mention of Mario Eugenio from Tampa who tore it up in the recent UA Camp. At 6’3”, 240, he has an early size advantage vs some of our other targets and has demonstrated some definite quickness in the Camp.

His massive high school classmate, DT Tawfiq Thomas, also intrigues me. At 6’4”, 325, this big man from Gaithersburg in Tampa is gathering some attention.

Any comments on these two potential recruits?

Thanks.
Brad mentions Mario. In fact his name is in red

I like Rogers and believe if he commits he sticks but even if Allen commits he won't stick (waiting on the LSU offer). Turner is a take, Spells is a take, and we need to turn up the heat on TMullen and close out our CB recruiting. DE is a tricky business, they get paid the 2nd most in the NFL (we'll leave it at that) so if we can get Kelly, Anderson and maybe one surprise pickup we're good there.....LB we need all we can get......at Safety we might be okay taking 1 if it's KWilson that we get. WR the number is 3 but boy will it be tough because it looks like 2 of them are almost guaranteed to be OOS guys.....I still say we need 1 RB because if there's an oft injured position in football its RB....OL I'd say 3 guys and I like Brad's list on those and also think at least one of the 3-5 portal spots we save will go to the OL.....

Advertisement

Did you also see where Cribby has stated MULTIPLE TIMES that we may take a second RB? But we're not going to take a 3-star just to fill a spot. There aren't a lot of top-end RBs in SoFla this year, so if we take a second guy, it will most likely be an OOS blue-chipper.

But sorry for stating the obvious, I'm sure you already knew that.

EDIT: Sorry, Cribby, I just saw that you reiterated this a few posts above.

Last edited:
Awesome writeup. It's what I come on here for, thank you. There are some real studs in that group.

Bissainthe should be priority #1. Kid could potentially start right away and have a 3-4 year impact like Shaq and Pickney. I feel like we're making all the right moves with the other spots. Got to get LB back to the quality of the Jimmy to Butch years.

Great write up. So sad those top DE's look to be goners. I can accept Jones Jr. not being high on us, but Shemar and Jackson is treason. Tarber is a must have! Would like to see the speedy Dillard slot come to us too.

Advertisement
Back