The Dolphins got a grasshopper!

Advertisement
Rock On GIF by Apple TV+

"Often imitated, never duplicated"

Fraggle dragging aside, I didn't like the pick. It's something the late Shula-era or Spielman Dolphins would do. Draft a guy on potential rather than production. Too many nightmares of Eric Kumerow and Eddie Moore. Hope I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fraggle dragging aside, I didn't like the pick. It's something the late Shula-era or Spielman Dolphins would do. Draft a guy on potential rather than production. Too many nightmares of Eric Kumerow and Eddie Moore. Hope I'm wrong.
Who could forget Jackie Shipp. I could bash the 80s Dolphins all day. How about that fearsome secondary featuring Jarvis Williams and JB. Brown? Getting destroyed by Wesley Walker every year. You want 90s? Daryl Gardener? Cecil Collins? That Ride the Buffalo dance? Super cringe!

I'm just busting your chops Dolphin fans. You guys have had some great players and teams. The 70s Dolphins were tough as nails. You had some great offenses with Marino. That passing game was borderline unstoppable! If you only had a defense back then. Of course the great Jason Taylor, Zack Thomas, Sam Madison, Troy Vincent, Bryan Cox, Cameron Wake etc..

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yea but at least he was highly productive in college. Seemed like a legit prospect.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but I recall him flashing in college but not being anywhere near productive enough to be a top 5 pick and only being drafted that high based on potential.

Advertisement
God awful pick.
That pick was terrible but the worst pick of round 1 was the Patriots taking Drake Maye #3 overall. There are 2 things a QB must have to play in the NFL. The ability to process quickly and accuracy. Drake Maye has neither.

Yea but at least he was highly productive in college. Seemed like a legit prospect.
He played 41% of his team's defensive snaps his last year of college. He was a horrible player and the Dolphins traded up due to his athleticism. It was an indefensible pick at the time (and plenty of people said so), and is even worse in retrospect.

Maybe my memory is failing me, but I recall him flashing in college but not being anywhere near productive enough to be a top 5 pick and only being drafted that high based on potential.
You are correct.

Yea maybe I'm misremembering but he looked dominant in the Oregon games I watched and he was definitely top 5 in most mock drafts.

Advertisement
Back