The Difference Between a Winner and Loser

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
For four years, we have sat back and watch Golden and those who believe in Golden make excuses for him. However, where have those excuses gotten him? An ACCCG appearance? A 10 win season? A bowl victory? A recruiting battle victory? Maybe a victory over our biggest rival? The answer to all of those questions are no, yet we (the Admin/Golden Slurpers) still think he can lead us to prominence once again and I ask why?

First off, Golden is not a winner. Let's throw out the record and putrid defensive stats that's been complied under his watch for a minute. Let's take a look at situations, only. Every time we have had our own destiny in our hands, we have found a way to lose and it's all been due to conservative play calling. A winner always looks to keep the foot on the throttle while a loser looks to put his foot on the throttle, and when things become comfortable, takes it off. A winner takes victory, while a loser accepts moral victories. A winner is methodical in their approach, do damage and ask questions later, while a loser ask for permission to do anything. A winner will never make excuses for inepititude...they own it and look forward to making adjustments; a loser will always make excuses as to why failure has happened. Now ask yourself, which of the two sounds like Golden?

With his consersative, layed back approach, we will never get back. He will always be the latter in each of those scenarios. It's time for the slurpers to give up on slurping. We're not in year 1 anymore, but our play in big time games is starting to resemble it and that's Al's biggest claim to fame right now.

Advertisement
Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 36m36 minutes ago
Al Golden: "Real proud of the effort. They made a couple more plays than we did. Our guys fought their tails off."

can't imagine Saban saying such a thing.

Al Golden: "Real proud of the effort. They made a couple more plays than we did. Our guys fought their tails off."

Thank you for your validation to my point.

Classic Folden. Sounds like an FCS coach after they play Bama.

Advertisement
you can't play 4 corners for the entire second half and expect to win. we got lucky doing that against UF last year because Driskell sucks. but we consistently get out coached in the second half and show no killer instinct or the ability to make adjustments.

This game was lost on a handful of plays. I can't sit hear and blame the staff. Those TO by the TEs killed us. Barrios dropped a TD. Missed extra point and FG. I am not a Golden fan but this loss is not on the staff

This game was lost on a handful of plays. I can't sit hear and blame the staff. Those TO by the TEs killed us. Barrios dropped a TD. Missed extra point and FG. I am not a Golden fan but this loss is not on the staff

stfu Kelly Elizabeth Hanna

your husband is less of a man than you.

Advertisement

While I agree that those held us back, the team looked unprepared in the 2nd half compared to the 1st. They looked like that against UF too like 5x said but their offense was horrible so they couldn't win. Now that I think about it, when have we ever looked competent in the 2nd half in a big game? That's coaching sir.

Cant blame the staff? You the only one who didn't notice the tempo change after half time?

Advertisement

Ok, Era66, did FSU not have the same amount of botched plays? Cooks fumble, going in? Winston's int before halftime while driving? The KO forced fumble? Who was down 16, twice? Who was down by 13 w/o possession of the opening kickoff in the 2nd half? Yet who won the game? Yes we had miscues, but guess what...so did they. So the miscue argument is a wash. What's not a wash is that Fisher and staff made adjustments to give their team a W...we made adjustments, too, but that was to "hold-on" to the game vs. continuing the pressure and that's the real reason why we lost. You can hear Kirk and Fowler pleading w/ Miami to go back to what was working. EACH GAME, color analysist are pleading w/ Miami to make adjustments, b/c just like it's painful for us to see, it's painful for them to see too, ESPECIALLY when these adjustments that need to be made are so simple, yet Golden doesn't have it in him to do so...b/c he's a sport psych major and I truly believe he's convinced himself that he's the smartest guy in the wrong. Insantiy is the propensity to continue to do the same thing knowing what the bad results will be. He, my friend, is an insane football coach.

Advertisement
That last drive was horribly managed. Especially considering Kaaya is a true freshman QB. Just saying...

Ok, Era66, did FSU not have the same amount of botched plays? Cooks fumble, going in? Winston's int before halftime while driving? The KO forced fumble? Who was down 16, twice? Who was down by 13 w/o possession of the opening kickoff in the 2nd half? Yet who won the game? Yes we had miscues, but guess what...so did they. So the miscue argument is a wash. What's not a wash is that Fisher and staff made adjustments to give their team a W...we made adjustments, too, but that was to "hold-on" to the game vs. continuing the pressure and that's the real reason why we lost. You can hear Kirk and Fowler pleading w/ Miami to go back to what was working. EACH GAME, color analysist are pleading w/ Miami to make adjustments, b/c just like it's painful for us to see, it's painful for them to see too, ESPECIALLY when these adjustments that need to be made are so simple, yet Golden doesn't have it in him to do so...b/c he's a sport psych major and I truly believe he's convinced himself that he's the smartest guy in the wrong. Insantiy is the propensity to continue to do the same thing knowing what the bad results will be. He, my friend, is an insane football coach.

Like I said. I am not a Golden fan but I knew going into this game Miami needed to win the TO margin and not leave plays on the field. Fisher used to lose 1 or 2 games a year before Crablegs got their. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other team. The other 3 losses this year is on the staff.

The difference is a supporting, turn-your-back-on-crime police department.
There is some truth to this. If the roles were reversed we would have AQM, EJ, Gianni Paul, Gabe Terry, Olsen, etc. and they would be without Winston, PJ Williams, Carlos Williams, Jesus Wilson, etc.

Advertisement
Back