The definition of insanity is Miami Hurricanes Football (same season different year)

jackedaround

Junior
Just got back and watched the game. Shocker, we once again lost. Let me tell you why I am not surprised and not disappointed:

1. lack of consistency. finally TVD plays like he should. only problem? special teams and defense lost us the game. same thing that has happened throughout this slide. if it isn't the QB it is something else. well you got your something else. 31 points is enough to win a game. had we scored at least 31 in all our ACC games we would be 9-2. name me one game we played well in all three phases of football this year....
2. game day coaching. we have all said it. you don't burn a time out there at the end of the game. that lost us the game. it is like the non knee, less dumb, but still these guys are literal game day dumbasses. go hire a clock and game situation manager to tell Mario what to do in game. he doesn't get it. he never will.
3. lack of discipline. just look at james williams, kam and george (or whoever shoved the guy in the face). this is all you need to know.
4. lack of recruiting the right positions. QB, TE and DT. what the **** are we doing? we still aren't on pace to bring in who we need too. i'm not shocked that these three position groups have been busts all year long when it matters (ACC play).

now, I do have some positives if you want to spin it that way:

1. Louisville is a good team and we put up a **** of a fight.
2. We only have to suffer for two more of these 4 hour long messes.
3. Can still win 8 games and finish on a positive note.
4. We have the highest SRS since 2017 and since 2009 only two teams, both under richt who is the only real coach we have had, have a higher SRS.
5. We played the toughest SOS since 2017. Since 2010 the only two tougher SOS we faced were 2014 and 2017.
6. We are losing games by a smaller margin.
7. Won't have to read all the refs lost us the game posts. yes the refs sucked. they always suck. if you are blaming the refs your team sucks. you know why? because really good teams over come bad calls. they don't let refs decide games (don't bring up 20 years ago either).

Season 3 means nothing for Mario or the school. If this is the same post come late November 2024 nothing will change. However, the banners will fly and the fans will be off the boat (fully).

Impossible to tell if we are turning the corner or not. I won't hold my breath. History tells me it is not worth the effort.

Advertisement
I posted before, saying this could be a 10 win team if we had at least decent QB play.
I take it back. This team would just find another way to lose, as shown on Saturday.

I don’t think this team is turning any corner.
I think we’re going 7-5 next year, I don’t consider that meaningful improvement.
It’s really difficult to overcome this poor coaching, especially on offense.
It’s the same old Miami. We won 2 ACC games all year, in overtime that could have gone the other way. We are marginally better than last year. However, now we have a none existent QB room, Kam and Williams gone, LT probably gone and no one to really replace them.

I totally get where you're coming from. It's like you're on this never-ending downer of a roller coaster every game day, with those moments of "what if" brilliance always smothered by the same recurring issues. Spot on about the consistency and those facepalm moments in coaching. For anyone else feeling this mix of frustration and curiosity, I stumbled upon https://sportscore.io a while back. It's a neat spot for digging into the numbers or getting another angle on our team's saga.

Last edited:
Last response: Nov 19, 2023

Today:
I totally feel your pain here. Watching those games can be like riding a roller coaster that only goes down, especially when you see flashes of brilliance overshadowed by the same old issues. You nailed it with the inconsistency and the game day coaching blunders.
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

I posted before, saying this could be a 10 win team if we had at least decent QB play.
I take it back. This team would just find another way to lose, as shown on Saturday.

I don’t think this team is turning any corner.
I think we’re going 7-5 next year, I don’t consider that meaningful improvement.
It’s really difficult to overcome this poor coaching, especially on offense.
It’s the same old Miami. We won 2 ACC games all year, in overtime that could have gone the other way. We are marginally better than last year. However, now we have a none existent QB room, Kam and Williams gone, LT probably gone and no one to really replace them.
We do!

His name is Cam Ward.

Advertisement
Inconsistency of individual, position group, and overall team performances within games and from game to game, resulting in 18 years of 7-5.

That's called mediocrity. The only insanity is believing that these teams are something other than what nearly two decades of evidence suggests they are.

Have we underachieved? Definitely.

Have we been a 10-win team on paper that just didn't get adequate coaching? RARELY.

Advertisement
Back