"The defense was out there too long"

Advertisement
We had 7.65 yards per play. FSU was #1 in the nation last year with 7.5 yards per play.

Stats are often misleading without context. That being said, this is the most depressing stat I think I've seen yet in the Golden era. Please shoot me in the face, thanks.

Advertisement
**** this ****** *****.

I still cannot believe after watching what we could do last week, our D gameplan this week.

Only team in the nation, pee wee, HS, college that would play 7 in the box, with LBs 5 yards back, S 10 yards back, vs a team who doesn't even want to throw the ball.

It was apparent we were extremely out corched. Even with a horrible corch on the opposite sideline. When you know the team is going to run 90% how do you not stop it?

Last edited:
It is beyond me how he says we couldnt stop tthem inside or the fullback, but you leave DP 7 yards off the line and allow the center to go straight to him instead of attacking him. Smh

This was my one major take away as well. You know why Perryman keeps making tackles 7 yards deep? Because thats where you have him lined up every single play instead of stacking the line and daring them to pass the ball.

How can a guy who has beaten GT not know how to play GT?

Advertisement
Why da fucc do corch gorldon keep saying that the offense need to help the defense out? When is our sorry non-coached *** defense gonna help the offense out? Get some 3 & outs vs. a decent team, a few turnovers here and there would help us, corch!

You guys are too harsh on Golden. There's no way to know if GT was gonna run or pass, you cant stop them both. Especially coming off a night game the previous week. And GT had a bye and we didnt. Plus we dont have the depth yet. We gotta give Golden more time. #trendingup

Advertisement
wworst coach in the modern era of Miami football. Selmer makes this clown look like bear bryant. countdown until hes canned is on.

I heard that interview. The text is accurate but it doesn't include the tone. Golden really sounded shook up. He was fortunate it was a shill interviewing him. It will be interesting to see if he shows up at the early week press responsibilities. I suspect he will. Otherwise he becomes even more vulnerable.

I have no idea what we were doing at the outset of that game. It reminded me of the way Paul Hackett tried to defense Oklahoma's option when he was head coach at Pittsburgh in the early '90s, and again when he faced TCU's option attack in the Sun Bowl as USC head coach in the mid '90s. Both times it was like the option team had been allowed to select the way the defense lined up against them.

We've detoured so far from our 4-3 attacking roots we apparently don't even remember them anymore. It looked like it was supposed to be a 4-3 "over" front that most teams use against triple option offenses, but it was like a misaligned version of that front. On literally every snap I'd see at least one of our linemen a foot or so away from where he should be. But it was never the same, Heurtelou would be too far outside the guard on one play, and Chickillo would be strangely inside the tackle's outside shoulder on the next play. I was so baffled I gave up trying to figure it out.

Our corners weren't aggressive enough, that's for sure. Barry Switzer said he always worried about opponents whose cornerbacks would penetrate and wipe out the halfback at the end of the pitch. Tonight so often the edge was already available as soon as the direction of the play was obvious.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back