The curious case of Joe Burrow.

i used to be of the mindset that we run pro style at Miami because we are the pros bla bla bla

anyone who plays offense from under center and huddles nowadays is stuck in the past and borderline the equivalent of running a triple option 10 years ago

Remember a guy named Dennis Erickson who brought this new fangled one back, 3 wide spread offense to Miami? We didn't need no "pro style" back then. We did alright.

Advertisement
He showed flashes last year. But what you are seeing is an amazing scheme crafted by a genius (Sean Payton) and run competently at the college level. It’s just not fair. They are passing to setup the run and it’s gorgeous. I def. have coach envy.
Man, I have been preaching pass to set up the run since I was a teenager. It makes me sick to see teams try to run, pitifully, to set up the pass.

i believe they have a new OC. Plus two elite receivers will make you look good. It was a joy watching last nights game. What a great passing attack.

To your point about the WRs; from what they stated all off season, those boys worked on their hands, and hands only. No gloves, just hands. Refusing to let the ball hit their chest.

A New OC w innovative plays will do that for you. Look at Alex Smith pre Reid and Alex Smith after Andy Reid. Dude’s career was resurrected! Burrows might have parlayed this season into getting drafted.

Advertisement
LOL, there's nothing confusing. Dude was legit in highschool. Only people on this board last year thought he sucked and genuinely believed we would beat LSU - because they had never seen him play. He was good last year and has been elite this year.
I said the same thing last year, it was bad news for the Canes when he transferred to LSU. Admittedly, he didn't play too well against us.

I also hate to use these kind of terms when it comes to football but the guy is tough as nails and his teammates believe in him.

Burrow was always talented, OSU fans still speak highly of him. If I remember correctly he arrived at LSU late when he transferred, like in summer and split reps with Brennan until he was named starter. Most of season was avg game manager type (LSU offensive mindset was also like that and dont lose, will win with defense and ball control). He ended season strong, maybe last 3-4 games last year.

They bring in Joe Brady to space age their entire program, get rid of fullback and go no huddle aggressive mindset. He is playing on fire in that system. Doesnt take 5 years to install an offense.

Advertisement
i used to be of the mindset that we run pro style at Miami because we are the pros bla bla bla

anyone who plays offense from under center and huddles nowadays is stuck in the past and borderline the equivalent of running a triple option 10 years ago
About 10 years late but better late than never.. The spread revolution is dam near over, they won. LOL.. We let Okla, OSU, Bama, PSU, and now even LSU told their 8 fullbacks to kick rocks and beat us to the punch.. Lol.. Sad man, pro style bros looking flabby n sick. We are those triple option teams holding on to their hey day that we used to laugh at. The game passed us by..

Burrow was always talented, OSU fans still speak highly of him. If I remember correctly he arrived at LSU late when he transferred, like in summer and split reps with Brennan until he was named starter. Most of season was avg game manager type (LSU offensive mindset was also like that and dont lose, will win with defense and ball control). He ended season strong, maybe last 3-4 games last year.

They bring in Joe Brady to space age their entire program, get rid of fullback and go no huddle aggressive mindset. He is playing on fire in that system. Doesnt take 5 years to install an offense.

Yep. Graham Harrell said it took about 10 days of practice to install his playbook at USC.

Orgeron fired Canada after 1 season
Will manny make that decision
So far I’m not sure he will

For a dude who’s into analytics and advanced stats
How does he not see we have huge issues

there are some differences to both scenarios. orgeron has a much larger pool of coaches to work with. Orgeron has been a head coach before and has a bigger budget at LSU than UM. What established coach will come in and work with diaz if he starts firing coaches after 1 year.

Advertisement
there are some differences to both scenarios. orgeron has a much larger pool of coaches to work with. Orgeron has been a head coach before and has a bigger budget at LSU than UM. What established coach will come in and work with diaz if he starts firing coaches after 1 year.

Who says they need to be established he should look for a innovative mind in d2 or a non p5 school

Exactly. A few people in this thread have it correct. Burrow was always good. Ohio State discovered him and sent Tom Herman to recruit him. Herman raved about Burrow's football knowledge at that age, saying it was as good as he had ever seen. Burrow's dad is a coach and paid a service to film his son's games starting at a very early age. Then the father would go over everything from the tapes at home.

Urban Meyer made the catastrophic mistake, at least in relation to the fortunes of his final years at Ohio State. Meyer sat Burrow for 2 seasons behind the comically inept JT "Little Game" Barrett, the guy who somehow threw for less than 4 YPA in three consecutive games at Ohio State and had two consecutive seasons of 6.7 YPA. That should be impossible in a Meyer offense. None of his prior or subsequent quarterbacks at any school had anything close to that level of incompetence. Several of the Buckeye receivers became severely underrated as a result and didn't fully recover their rightful rating in the one year with Haskins at quarterback. McLaurin of the Redskins is an example.

Burrow started to look very good late last season. He was lethal in the bowl game against UCF. This has been an extension of that. The guy is going to turn 23 in December so you have to allow some reservation compared to the kids who are 20 or 21 this season. But no question Burrow is a bonafide pro prospect and rising the ranks all the time. He is currently averaging 11.6 YPA, or slightly above Tua's 11.0.

Joe Burrow is that Qb that plays well and puts up good numbers all year but everyone expects him to collapse. Then the collapse actually happens and because fans expected it to happen he loses all good will from the good performances and labeled a bum. if any of that made sense lol

Advertisement
Who says they need to be established he should look for a innovative mind in d2 or a non p5 school

if he hires a d2 coach and he starts slow yall would kill him. Ppl didnt like baker from the jump because he was from la tech lol

LOL, there's nothing confusing. Dude was legit in highschool. Only people on this board last year thought he sucked and genuinely believed we would beat LSU - because they had never seen him play. He was good last year and has been elite this year.
I said the same thing last year, it was bad news for the Canes when he transferred to LSU. Admittedly, he didn't play too well against us.

I also hate to use these kind of terms when it comes to football but the guy is tough as nails and his teammates believe in him.
His Y/A went from 7.6 last year to 11.6 this year, and his completion % when from 58% to 80%. With that said, he is thriving in their new system.

This guy was a glorified game manager last year. Now he looks like Peyton Manning out there. Coaching, Wide Receivers, what the **** did he do to improve this much? Has anyone ever seen a 1 year improvement like this before?
Two words ---- Joe Brady

Advertisement
Back