The Coastal Goals...

TheChosenOne

Senior
were a mirage. The OB is more realistic then the coastal hopes ever were.

I think we're in a good spot (assuming we handle business). The committee doesn't respect the ACC (hence Clemson dropping). We need VT to beat Pitt so that the VT-UVa is a or nothing game. The loser of that game won't finish the year ranked. The winning team will get destroyed by Clemson.

The reason we need Pitt to lose against VT is because Pitt could finish the year 9-3, ranked, and miss the ACCG.. If VT beats Pitt we're going to the Orange Bowl. No way any ACC team gets in over us given we would be on a 5 game winning streak assuming we close strong)

Last edited:
Advertisement
We win that game and the Coastal would've looked a lot different. Once we lost, we didn't deserve the Coastal. Better tighten that **** up next season.
What sucks is it wasn't one bad game against a bad team. It was one of several, where we were obviously the most talented team on the field, but played like a bunch of scrubs. Not just the players, but the play calling was absurd week after week. I see progress, but it shouldn't have taken this long.

Advertisement
We win that game and the Coastal would've looked a lot different. Once we lost, we didn't deserve the Coastal. Better tighten that **** up next season.

We also have to wonder and point out that it took Manny too long to get back “involved” with the defense. If you get 1 stop vs Va Tech we win that game.

Advertisement
were a mirage. The OB is more realistic then the coastal hopes ever were.

I think we're in a good spot (assuming we handle business). The committee doesn't respect the ACC (hence Clemson dropping). We need VT to beat Pitt so that the VT-UVa is a or nothing game. The loser of that game won't finish the year ranked. The winning team will get destroyed by Clemson.

The reason we need Pitt to lose against VT is because Pitt could finish the year 9-3, ranked, and miss the ACCG.. If VT beats Pitt we're going to the Orange Bowl. No way any ACC team gets in over us given we would be on a 5 game winning streak assuming we close strong)
Disagree. Whomever makes it to the ACC Championship game is going to the Orange Bowl. My money is on VT. They're rolling right now. Hope they win out. This way we will be the 3rd best team in the league at 5-3. We would hold tie breakers with UVA, Pitt, and WF. Yes, WF. We beat Louisville and they lost to Louisville. I think we could wind up at Camping World again which is just fine with me at this point. That's are best case scenario.

Advertisement
YG6vv.gif

Advertisement
Unfortunately, it will probably be the Sun Bowl with ****** or ****** Tuck going to the Orange. I would like to see us go to Orlando or Nashville, that would be nice. OB is a stretch.

I think it could be a rematch with the Gates in Orlando and they don't have that knucklehead for QB anymore....

Can we draw app st some how? I’d like to beat the brakes off of them! Talk about a mirage of a quality team. I know the beat NC and SC. I just think we would work them.

Advertisement
Back