The Cloud

UMJer026

Junior
From Golden's perspective, is that the best thing that ever happened to him?

Think about it--the cloud gave him a platform to do the one thing he does well (serve as a glorified press secretary), while simultaneously providing a believable scapegoat for all his deficiencies. But for the cloud, we'd have lost an ACCCG and, more than likely, gotten embarrassed in two more mediocre bowl games by below average mid-majors. That's another three losses fans would be steaming over. Further, not only did the nonsense buy him another year or two in terms of heat, but it resulted in a huge windfall of money for he and his family, to the point where there is now serious discussion as to whether the school can afford to set him free. Talk about ironic.

Just imagine if he would have landed the Penn State gig--he would have had at least another 2-3 years in which he could blame the cloud for his shortcomings.

Advertisement
It allowed him to dupe the University to think he was leaving and give him a long extension to keep him. Thus the position we are in now after we see him for the fraud he is

The cloud is to Golden what 9/11 was to W; it made us all focus on how they handled that as opposed to whether or not they could handle the job itself. W got a second term out if it, I pray Golden doesn't get a second chance.

Advertisement
The cloud is to Golden what 9/11 was to W; it made us all focus on how they handled that as opposed to whether or not they could handle the job itself. W got a second term out if it, I pray Golden doesn't get a second chance.

Same as Obama getting reelected due to him blaming the prior guy. I don't want excuses, if Golden has not seen that this defensive style does not work with The personnel he has recruited in 4 years, he will never get it.

Advertisement
Back